Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile
2315 Highway 34 Ste D
Manasquan, NJ 08736
(732) 974-0404
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Mike Ruane on Aug 9th, 2013

I found Dr. Lospinuso to be exceptionally competent and professional. I liked his no-nonsense approach and wry sense of humor and his explanation of what was wrong with my back. He gave me the what, why and how of the operation, and what my recovery would be like...and he was right on the mark. For those who have never visited his office, he likes to use the paper on the examination table to write what he intends to do and draw how he will do it. I still have my drawings!! I highly recommend him.

|  Highly recommended - excellent doctor  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2012

I was diagnosed with cervical spine degeneration with myelopathy, hyperreflexia, clonus -and the list goes on. I badly needed spinal decompression on multiple levels in the front(C4-C7) and multiple levels in the back (C4-C7 and T1). Dr Lospinuso explained everything to me in detail, what it entailed, the risks, the objective to stop the degeneration process, and possible benefits of the surgeries I needed.First surgery 7/10 - everything went just as it was explained to me - my rewards were no more clonus, no hyperreflexia, and much more fluid walking.Second surgery 9/18 - YES 6 days ago. Everything went again as it was explained to me. I feel even better than I expected and my walking is completely without pain. As time goes on I am expecting even more improvement in my hands and arms since I am only starting my road to recovery.Dr Lospinuso and I got along great, his surgical assistant, Sharon, was extremely helpful and his surgical team just can't be any better. I am extremely blessed and greatful.

|  The good the bad and the ugly  |  show details
May 22nd, 2012

The Good: Excellent surgeon, maybe the best in NJ, and he knows it.The Bad: Not a friendly man by any means. Minimal social skills.The Ugly: He has a severe God complex to the highest power (very arrogant)He is a straight shooter and does not mince or waste words. He also does not have much patience when it comes to repeating himself or his ideas (concepts). If you can get past that, his work is top notch

|  Failed to explain risks  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2012

Fewer than 30 percent of spine surgery patients get back to where they were. Dr. L never explained this to me.

|  Mrs. Elana Dabkowski  |  show details
May 24th, 2011

Dr. Lospinuso operated on my back two times over the years and my husband's one time. All operations were extremely sucessful. If it weren't for Dr. Lospinuso my husband and myself would have had a horrible quality of life. We are both great and my back is not even an issue. I blew out my lower discs for a third time and instead of operating, he sent me for physical therapy which was very sucessful. He said he could always operate if need be but lets try physical therapy because he thought it would work this time. The previous two times were more severe and required an operation. I have nothing bad to say, only good! Bedside manner was great!E.Dabkowski

|  Best Spine Surgeon, hands down!  |  show details
May 3rd, 2011

Male 26yr, anterior posterior lumbar disc fusion L5-S1 Oct,2010. Some poeple rate low for his bed side manner but Dr. Lospinuso is a straight the point guy and does not BS you! He'll tell you how it is and what he thinks. Great guy. After 6 months full recovery, One complication but it was explained prior to surgery (RE). No pain at all! Back to work, running, biking etc. I am young so well see how the rest of my years play out!

|  show details
Feb 13th, 2009

Dr. Lospinuso is caring, competent, and talented doctor. I was so thankful that someone told me about him, because they referred me to the best ortho doctor in NJ. He operated on me in December, 2008, and seven weeks later I feel great. I would absolutely recommend him for any back issues.