Dr. Michael Lucia MD Patient Reviews

2.5

no change

July 19th, 2016
Focused on YOU
A very competent, bright and direct practitioner. He is very intellectual, provides a complete print-out of the data from my memory card and discusses the findings with me. I think he is great! He will reward you wth an honest, straight-forward and direct approach--just what I wanted and expected. He often had to present 'tough info' in a way that made sense to me. He is reality based style which may seem to be lacking the 'warm and fuzzy' but I learned he does care, I have been with him about 3 years

June 12th, 2016
Go elsewhere!
Arrogant and unprofessional. He doesn't deserve your business.

January 16th, 2016
Malpractice
Abrupt, condescending, unprofessional, and on and on! You are already having problems and that is why you are there and he just makes you feel worst. Changes stories in between visits. Please check all the web sites they are bad reports.

November 3rd, 2015
Wonderful dr.
He has diagnosed my husband with pulmonary occupational asthma and vocal cord disfunction with out him my husband probably would of died. He got severe chlorine burns of his lungs and vocal cords. Theses are things that without a diagnosis a workers comp claim would,go no where. He has given my husband hope for a future even though the illness is incurable he atleast has the techniques to make it threw everyday life not terrified of not being able to breathe. If you have a serious breathing problem he will find it if its,not an actual breathing problem he will point you in the right direction such a vocal cord therapy, or speach therapist. And sometimes seeing a specialist takes a while i see specialist of my own for my illnesses and the waiting room is always a long wait but thats part of seeing a,good Dr they have alot of patients and if you want to see him its worth the wait.

January 24th, 2014
Worhless lucia
Lucia is the worst doctor in the world. I took my grandmother to see him and was told it is my fault that she has problems with her breathing. Lucia refused to give her meds that she needs to be able to breath unless she pays $400 for a sleep study . I did over react and call him a piece of poop but he deserved it. worthless doctor with little man complex.

October 4th, 2013
buddy can you spare a day?
All i can say is that today after sitting in the office for 20 minutes after my appt time i politely approached the receptionist who told me that there were 2 people ahead of me. Mind you this was for an appt at 9:45 with the office closing at noon. She said he is always running behind and that this is the way he runs his practice! Also, this is the 2nd time that i drove all the way there and had to leave due to work commitments. Also, I asked for a copy of my sleep study and was told that i could not have it because he would review it with me at my next appt. I said that was fine but i still wanted it in advance. I never got it and now will formally request it under HIPPA. Unbelievable.

September 17th, 2012
Be Cautious
Please consider reviews written about Dr. Lucia before seeing him. I would highly recommend you go elsewhere. He is a completely self-centered, unprofessional, uninformed excuse for a doctor. Not only did he refuse to look at my old records which showed I had narcolepsy, hypersomnia and central apnea, but he then did his own tests which showed the same things. His notes, however, claimed that I didn't have these conditions, though the test results clearly showed I did, and that it was all in my head. He would not return any of my phone calls, emails or letters. he then called my primary doctor and completely made up lies that I had been through rehab twice when, in fact, I never have. I asked for proof of this which they couldn't give me. So, now I have incorrect medical records following me. I have filed a report with the Medical Board and I will do everything in my power to keep him from destroying another person's medical credibility and life.

August 6th, 2012
Uninformed, unprofessional excuse for a doctor
Please consider the reviews before seeing this doctor. I would highly recommend you go elsewhere. He is a completely self-centered, unprofessional, un ...

June 28th, 2012
Realist
Providing medical care to numerous people with different personality styles is often very challenging---some with minor problems believe their problems are so unique that no one is going to be able to provide adequate care. I am realistic about waiting time, and plan to relax and or read a book or magazine while I wait, so timing is not an issue, as I always take enough time from my work schedule for doctor appointments. I have had a few serious medical issues and Dr. Lucia and the staff have been professional and caring. I believe that Dr. Lucia is extremely knowledgible, compassionate, and provides an excellent quality of care.

March 16th, 2012
Chaos
There is little or no communication going on internally with the staff of this office and my medical equipment provider. In order for me to change an order I would need to schedule numerous appts. My prescriptions were also mixed up with someone else's.

August 15th, 2011
The man is a quack
This guy is a total jerk and I would never recommend him to anyone. He is too concerned with saving money than patient care and has a "holier than tho" attitude for his bedside manner. He was not on time, not nice and didn't pay much attention to my needs.

March 20th, 2010
The best diagnostician for lung problems in northern Nevada. Very caring and thorough. Good patient education for self care of chronic lung diseases.