2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Aug 1st, 2016

Dr. Gutierrez is a rude jerk. He didn't knock on the door, he didn't ask any questions about me, he was rude and condescending, and he didn't even look at an area of my skin that I specifically mentioned having problems with. I'd rather look like a pepperoni pizza for the next 6 years instead of following up with this piece of trash. Staff was quick and friendly though.

Horrible and Rude Staff show details Horrible and Rude Staff
by Scott Dunkle on Mar 4th, 2016

I've been trying to get a pre-authorization for over two months now. They have the dumbest staff I have ever encountered. I've left no fewer than 15 messages for them and they never call me back. I've physically gone into the office twice to resolve the situation and they still can't get it done. Brenda from their downtown office hung up on me today because I was frustrated that they still can't get this figured out. My advice is to find another practice as these people are complete morons!!!

Beware! show details Beware!
by S.M. on Jan 23rd, 2016

Be careful. This guy INSISTED that I needed 8 MOLES removed. (Remember, someone makes money for every mole removed.) I knew this was WAY too many moles to remove since I have a yearly checkup and only occasionally do I need something removed. He actually made me feel horrible when I said I was going to get a second opinion. "I am warning you that you could have skin cancer." He actually asked me to sign a document that I had refused his surgery. After two second opinions, I had one mole removed. I told another Orlando doctor about my experience. Before I even mentioned a name, she said, "Let me guess: Dr. Gutierrez." Unbelievable.

Jan 8th, 2016

Awesome care. Thanks

Sep 18th, 2015

Saw Dr. Gutierrez several years ago to remove a fat deposit under my chin. Very impatient with this patient. I will never go back to him. I still go, but have the nurse p.

No bedside Manner/ Churns patients. show details No bedside Manner/ Churns patients.
Jul 23rd, 2015

Spends no time with patients. Does not listen to patients concerns or try to explain issues. Very RUDE!! Seen many doctors and have not come across such a pompous doctor as Dr. Gutierrez. No care for patient just how quickly he can be in and out.

Jun 12th, 2015

Dr Gutierrez flew into the pt room, immediately started giving orders to the med asst, would not review meds I was already prescribed, did not ask any questions, did not review blood test results from Quest. He spent less than 4 mins in the room. Waste

Rude and unprofessional show details Rude and unprofessional
Apr 24th, 2015

The nurse practitioner and assistant were both nice. They did all the examination and asked all the questions. Dr. Gutierrez didn't even come into the room. He stood in the doorway for not more than 30 seconds. No "good morning" or anything when he opened the door. He said a total of four words to me: "Stand up. Turn around." And those four words were said in a gruff, non-friendly, condescending manner. All his other comments were made to the nurse. His appearance was not professional. He basically looked like a bum -- nothing like the Glamorshot picture on his site. Regarding the office, while I was waiting, I asked the receptionist if I could go to the restroom. On my way back to the waiting room, I guess one of the nurses thought I was snooping around backstage. She followed me back to the waiting room and sarcastically asked, "Can I help you?" Later, when I was taken into the examination room, I had to pull the paper down on the examining chair. The assistant just watched and didn't try to help or even apologize. Bottom line: There are plenty of other dermatologists in Orlando. I WON'T be back.

Mar 30th, 2014

The services is SUCK the worst Dr In the World. Not spend time with the patient sorry client because this DR see the patient as a Dollars. You do not ask questions that always bothers him, is desperate to finish and exit quickly. Do not spend three minutes with the patient (client) I do not recommend to my worst enemy. Not have touch and Privacy for the Patient (Client)

Patient Beware show details Patient Beware
by Scott on Feb 6th, 2014

I have a mole check once per year. I needed a new doc and went to him. The MOST I've ever had removed (moles) has been two at one visit. This guy, without even looking closely, comes in with a marker and starts circling saying "We need to remove this one..this one...this one." Keep in mind, DOCTORS MAKE MONEY FOR EVERY BIOPSY PERFORMED. I left for a second opinion. The next two derms told me there was no need to remove ANYTHING, just keep an eye on them. Later I found out he has a horrible reputation for doing unnecessary biopsies.

Wish I had of checked reviews first. show details Wish I had of checked reviews first.
Sep 13th, 2013

I needed to be see a dermatologist the same day, I called so many offices within my insurance and nobody could see me that day...except this office. I thought great, they gave me an appointment. I arrived on time and waited and waited. I must have waited over 90 minutes and there was only a few people in the waiting room. After they had all left it was apparent the PA and nurse were doing nothing in the back but bantering as I could hear them laughing and shooting the breeze. Obviously the doctor wasn't there so they were enjoying their freedoms! I asked the receptionist when I was going to be seen and was taken maybe 10 minutes later. I wanted to run out of the room as soon as I was left there to change, there was a needle cap on the floor, dust bunnies, hairs, paperclips, some weird stains and the metal implement table next to the patient table had a layer of dust on it. I just kept reminding myself I needed to be seen that day! The procedure wasn't properly explained to me. As for the billing dept. that is a joke, I literally spent an forever being batted back and fourth, dropped call after dropped call when they tried to transfer me. Nobody seemed to be on the same page, each person I talked to had a different answer. It was extremely frustrating. As a patient it felt like the set-up was threw together in the efforts of opening as many offices and cranking patients in and out like a factory! Needless to say I won't be back.

Greatly Disappointed! show details Greatly Disappointed!
by AB on Sep 9th, 2013

I set up an appointment because I had a really bad rash on the palm of my hands. It looked disgusting and instead of going to my primary doctor decided to see Dr. Gutierrez. Can I say DISAPPOINTED! I was surprised that I did not have to wait long, but when he finally came into my room he was most definitely rushed! He didn't take the time to introduce himself and ask me questions. He took a look at my hands and told me I am suffering from an allergic reaction. I so wanted to say "duh doc, i am here so you can help me alleviate this problem." He insisted it was the hand sanitizer in which I used for YEARS and I insisted it was not that it was a lotion that I recently just tried. I felt like i was on his way! Not personal. I am just another 'patient' to give him money! Greatly disappointed and I will never go up. He wanted a follow up but I did not set up the appointment. I will never return and will NEVER, NEVER recommend this doc to anyone. If you do not like your career or lost the compassion to help others , then find another career. As patients we want to feel that we are worthy of YOUR time doc and take the time to hear us out. I swear I only saw him for like 2 minutes!!!!!! Do not ever go to him! Honestly, he came across full of himself and a total jerk.

Would not recommend show details Would not recommend
Aug 10th, 2013

I visited Dr. Gutierrez for a skin cancer screening. The staff was very nice and curious however when Dr. Gutierrez came in the room you could tell he was in a rush. He spent less than 5 minutes with me and did not examine me very closely. He ordered 6 biopsies and commented "this one is BAD" and "you have a lot of very dark moles". Not very comforting to someone that has to wait 2 weeks for the results, especially since all the results came back okay. My follow up was with a different doctor which was a little nicer and spent more time with me but overall I think the goal of this office is to push as many patients as they can through.

by Conny P. on Jul 15th, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Gutierrez since I was 17 (20 years ago) as a very upset teenager with acne issues. I saw Dr. Gutierrez personally at the Gore Street office several times and he was always kind and very reassuring that he would help to treat my acne. In just a few months, my skin was amazingly clear and I couldn't have been happier. I had stopped treatment during college because I thought I was no longer in need of medication, but I had issues pop up again here and there until I needed Dr. Gutierrez's care once again to provide the miracle clear skin I needed for my wedding that was 3 months away. He promise me that my skin would be beautiful for my wedding, and it was. I have always trusted him because whenever I have had flare ups after a few years of no medication, he has come to my rescue every time. Now in my late 30's, I am on medication and treatment and my skin is so clear that I only need to go once a year for a checkup to renew my prescriptions. I am surprised to read the negative reviews about him, but I know that for me, Dr. Gutierrez has been instrumental in caring for my acne and giving me back the self-confidence I need and helping me to feel that it's ok to have these issues because they indeed can be treated successfully. If my children have acne issues, I will most certainly bring them to him as well. I see his PA's sometimes, but when I have seen him, he has been so sweet and funny with my boys and we reminisce about the years that have passed. He is one of my favorite doctors ever and anyone I have recommended to him has had good experiences as well.

Horrible show details Horrible
by NO NAME on Jun 9th, 2013

I would not recommend this doctor , I couldn't even explain with details my problem and he decided to call me delusional....not what I expected. NEVER again!!! horrible experience!!!

disappointing office show details disappointing office
May 6th, 2013

unfortunately is was difficult to get biopsy results from this office. it seems that they arem so big and with so many locations they dont really have patient care as their top priority. I had to literally chase them down for biopsy results that turned out to be some pre-cancerous lesions that needed follow-up care that i received at a different doctor. I will definitely NOT RECOMMEND this doctor or any of his offices to anyone!

Removed mole without numbing first show details Removed mole without numbing first
Aug 8th, 2012

Ok this happened 12 years ago but I haven't forgotten and I finally remembered this guy's name. I've kicked myself for not reporting him to a medical board but oh well, at least I can warn others now with this online review. I had a mole that needed removed for suspicion that it might be cancerous someday - family history. I was late for my appt but apologized (overslept). He did the usual numbing shot first that I have had since this time and worked great, always numbs up the area. However, this time it didn't. I don't know if he didn't wait long enough before slicing away - he did start immediately and I could tell he was peeved that I was late. I started yelling to stop because it hurt! He kept telling me to just hold tight it would be over soon. He proceeded to cut the mole off and stitch it up while I felt EVERYTHING. I was furious but I didn't complain, SHOULD HAVE. The nurse afterward looked stricken like she was apologizing for and surprised by his behavior. I have no idea if this has happened with any other patients, but he should have given me another shot or waited instead of proceeding. I'm not a paranoid person but I do feel he was "punishing" me for being late for my early morning appointment. Oh, and it's the ugliest scar, looks like railroad tracks and I've had other dermatologists comment on it and can tell they think it is less than cosmetically acceptable.

Doctor's Response

Dear Anonymous, I am deeply sorry to hear about your appointment twelve years ago. Thank you for bringing your issue to our attention. At Mid Florida Dermatology, we pride ourselves on making sure every patient is comfortable in our dermatology offices and it seems this day, that goal was not reached. Dr. Gutierrez's personal philosophy is "To provide the highest quality medical care to the people of Central Florida." We apologize for your experience and will learn from your story to make our practice better.

Worst Dr ever! show details Worst Dr ever!
May 24th, 2012

Will never ever go or recommend Dr. Michael Guitierrez! Worst Dr experience in my whole life! Didn't even introduced himself when he came into the room. Very out of touch and inensitive about patient feel satiesfied and cared for. No manners either! Can't believe a person like this deals with people on a daily basis! Avoid this Dr at all cost!

Doctor's Response

Dear Anonymous, Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. At Mid Florida Dermatology, we pride ourselves on keeping patients comfortable and it seems this day we did not reach our goal. We are sorry that you felt like you did not receive the proper introduction and manners that were needed on this visit. We apologize for your experience and will take your review and help make our practice better.

May 21st, 2012

I find this man to be a hack. After suffering with a skin rash for several weeks, my doctor advised I see a dermotologist. As I wanted to get this taken care of ASAP, I went with the doctor that I could get in with the fastest. He wasn't even in the room 30 seconds when he looked at my shoes and told me I was allergic to them, or rather the black dye in them. I'm 33 years old and have worn black shoes/socks my entire life without any issues. Not to mention, the rash was not contained to my feet, but it was on my hands. I did my own research, compared symptoms and believe I found out what it was. He didnt even come within 5 feet of me to get a closer inspection of the affected skin area. I do not recommend this man to anyone and I cannot believe he won any award that I read about.

Doctor's Response

Dear Anonymous, Thank you for bringing your concern to us. At Mid Florida Dermatology, we pride ourselves on experienced and professional care. Dr. Gutierrez's personal philosophy is "To provide the highest quality medical care to the people of Central Florida," and it seems this day we didn't reach our goal. We are sorry that you feel you did not receive the care that was needed at this appointment. We will take your review to help make our practice better.

Rlb show details Rlb
Feb 21st, 2012

Worst Dr Experience ever. This is patient mill. My husband and I went in together. They put us in same room stripped us and ran circles around us. They were cold, insenstive and we felt and if we were just specimens. They are just out for insurance. I would never recommend anyone to this Dr. We have made several visits and things have not changed. No more chances.

Doctor's Response

Dear Anonymous, Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. At Mid Florida Dermatology, we pride ourselves on quality patient care and making sure our patients feel comfortable. It is proper procedure to have patients in gowns so Dr. Gutierrez can check all over the body for moles and pre-cancerous spots, however you are not suppose to feel like specimens. At this practice we always try to put our patients first, over everything else. We are sorry that you felt this way after coming to our practice and will take your review to better our practice.

Feb 3rd, 2009

I saw four other dermatologist before seeing Dr. Gutierrez and beng correctly diagnosed. He is a good doctor.