Michael M Gutierrez, MD

100 W Gore St
Ste 600 & 602
Orlando, FL 32806
(407) 299-7333
Locations and availability (13)

2.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
Mar 30th, 2014

The services is SUCK the worst Dr In the World. Not spend time with the patient sorry client because this DR see the patient as a Dollars. You do not ask questions that always bothers him, is desperate to finish and exit quickly. Do not spend three minutes with the patient (client) I do not recommend to my worst enemy. Not have touch and Privacy for the Patient (Client)

|  Patient Beware  |  show details
by Scott on Feb 6th, 2014

I have a mole check once per year. I needed a new doc and went to him. The MOST I've ever had removed (moles) has been two at one visit. This guy, without even looking closely, comes in with a marker and starts circling saying "We need to remove this one..this one...this one." Keep in mind, DOCTORS MAKE MONEY FOR EVERY BIOPSY PERFORMED. I left for a second opinion. The next two derms told me there was no need to remove ANYTHING, just keep an eye on them. Later I found out he has a horrible reputation for doing unnecessary biopsies.

|  Wish I had of checked reviews first.  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2013

I needed to be see a dermatologist the same day, I called so many offices within my insurance and nobody could see me that day...except this office. I thought great, they gave me an appointment. I arrived on time and waited and waited. I must have waited over 90 minutes and there was only a few people in the waiting room. After they had all left it was apparent the PA and nurse were doing nothing in the back but bantering as I could hear them laughing and shooting the breeze. Obviously the doctor wasn't there so they were enjoying their freedoms! I asked the receptionist when I was going to be seen and was taken maybe 10 minutes later. I wanted to run out of the room as soon as I was left there to change, there was a needle cap on the floor, dust bunnies, hairs, paperclips, some weird stains and the metal implement table next to the patient table had a layer of dust on it. I just kept reminding myself I needed to be seen that day! The procedure wasn't properly explained to me. As for the billing dept. that is a joke, I literally spent an forever being batted back and fourth, dropped call after dropped call when they tried to transfer me. Nobody seemed to be on the same page, each person I talked to had a different answer. It was extremely frustrating. As a patient it felt like the set-up was threw together in the efforts of opening as many offices and cranking patients in and out like a factory! Needless to say I won't be back.

|  Greatly Disappointed!  |  show details
by AB on Sep 9th, 2013

I set up an appointment because I had a really bad rash on the palm of my hands. It looked disgusting and instead of going to my primary doctor decided to see Dr. Gutierrez. Can I say DISAPPOINTED! I was surprised that I did not have to wait long, but when he finally came into my room he was most definitely rushed! He didn't take the time to introduce himself and ask me questions. He took a look at my hands and told me I am suffering from an allergic reaction. I so wanted to say "duh doc, i am here so you can help me alleviate this problem." He insisted it was the hand sanitizer in which I used for YEARS and I insisted it was not that it was a lotion that I recently just tried. I felt like i was on his way! Not personal. I am just another 'patient' to give him money! Greatly disappointed and I will never go up. He wanted a follow up but I did not set up the appointment. I will never return and will NEVER, NEVER recommend this doc to anyone. If you do not like your career or lost the compassion to help others , then find another career. As patients we want to feel that we are worthy of YOUR time doc and take the time to hear us out. I swear I only saw him for like 2 minutes!!!!!! Do not ever go to him! Honestly, he came across full of himself and a total jerk.

|  Would not recommend  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2013

I visited Dr. Gutierrez for a skin cancer screening. The staff was very nice and curious however when Dr. Gutierrez came in the room you could tell he was in a rush. He spent less than 5 minutes with me and did not examine me very closely. He ordered 6 biopsies and commented "this one is BAD" and "you have a lot of very dark moles". Not very comforting to someone that has to wait 2 weeks for the results, especially since all the results came back okay. My follow up was with a different doctor which was a little nicer and spent more time with me but overall I think the goal of this office is to push as many patients as they can through.

by Conny P. on Jul 15th, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Gutierrez since I was 17 (20 years ago) as a very upset teenager with acne issues. I saw Dr. Gutierrez personally at the Gore Street office several times and he was always kind and very reassuring that he would help to treat my acne. In just a few months, my skin was amazingly clear and I couldn't have been happier. I had stopped treatment during college because I thought I was no longer in need of medication, but I had issues pop up again here and there until I needed Dr. Gutierrez's care once again to provide the miracle clear skin I needed for my wedding that was 3 months away. He promise me that my skin would be beautiful for my wedding, and it was. I have always trusted him because whenever I have had flare ups after a few years of no medication, he has come to my rescue every time. Now in my late 30's, I am on medication and treatment and my skin is so clear that I only need to go once a year for a checkup to renew my prescriptions. I am surprised to read the negative reviews about him, but I know that for me, Dr. Gutierrez has been instrumental in caring for my acne and giving me back the self-confidence I need and helping me to feel that it's ok to have these issues because they indeed can be treated successfully. If my children have acne issues, I will most certainly bring them to him as well. I see his PA's sometimes, but when I have seen him, he has been so sweet and funny with my boys and we reminisce about the years that have passed. He is one of my favorite doctors ever and anyone I have recommended to him has had good experiences as well.

|  Horrible  |  show details
by NO NAME on Jun 9th, 2013

I would not recommend this doctor , I couldn't even explain with details my problem and he decided to call me delusional....not what I expected. NEVER again!!! horrible experience!!!

|  disappointing office  |  show details
May 6th, 2013

unfortunately is was difficult to get biopsy results from this office. it seems that they arem so big and with so many locations they dont really have patient care as their top priority. I had to literally chase them down for biopsy results that turned out to be some pre-cancerous lesions that needed follow-up care that i received at a different doctor. I will definitely NOT RECOMMEND this doctor or any of his offices to anyone!

|  Removed mole without numbing first  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2012

Ok this happened 12 years ago but I haven't forgotten and I finally remembered this guy's name. I've kicked myself for not reporting him to a medical board but oh well, at least I can warn others now with this online review. I had a mole that needed removed for suspicion that it might be cancerous someday - family history. I was late for my appt but apologized (overslept). He did the usual numbing shot first that I have had since this time and worked great, always numbs up the area. However, this time it didn't. I don't know if he didn't wait long enough before slicing away - he did start immediately and I could tell he was peeved that I was late. I started yelling to stop because it hurt! He kept telling me to just hold tight it would be over soon. He proceeded to cut the mole off and stitch it up while I felt EVERYTHING. I was furious but I didn't complain, SHOULD HAVE. The nurse afterward looked stricken like she was apologizing for and surprised by his behavior. I have no idea if this has happened with any other patients, but he should have given me another shot or waited instead of proceeding. I'm not a paranoid person but I do feel he was "punishing" me for being late for my early morning appointment. Oh, and it's the ugliest scar, looks like railroad tracks and I've had other dermatologists comment on it and can tell they think it is less than cosmetically acceptable.

Doctor's Response

Dear Anonymous, I am deeply sorry to hear about your appointment twelve years ago. Thank you for bringing your issue to our attention. At Mid Florida Dermatology, we pride ourselves on making sure every patient is comfortable in our dermatology offices and it seems this day, that goal was not reached. Dr. Gutierrez's personal philosophy is "To provide the highest quality medical care to the people of Central Florida." We apologize for your experience and will learn from your story to make our practice better.

|  Worst Dr ever!  |  show details
May 24th, 2012

Will never ever go or recommend Dr. Michael Guitierrez! Worst Dr experience in my whole life! Didn't even introduced himself when he came into the room. Very out of touch and inensitive about patient feel satiesfied and cared for. No manners either! Can't believe a person like this deals with people on a daily basis! Avoid this Dr at all cost!

Doctor's Response

Dear Anonymous, Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. At Mid Florida Dermatology, we pride ourselves on keeping patients comfortable and it seems this day we did not reach our goal. We are sorry that you felt like you did not receive the proper introduction and manners that were needed on this visit. We apologize for your experience and will take your review and help make our practice better.

May 21st, 2012

I find this man to be a hack. After suffering with a skin rash for several weeks, my doctor advised I see a dermotologist. As I wanted to get this taken care of ASAP, I went with the doctor that I could get in with the fastest. He wasn't even in the room 30 seconds when he looked at my shoes and told me I was allergic to them, or rather the black dye in them. I'm 33 years old and have worn black shoes/socks my entire life without any issues. Not to mention, the rash was not contained to my feet, but it was on my hands. I did my own research, compared symptoms and believe I found out what it was. He didnt even come within 5 feet of me to get a closer inspection of the affected skin area. I do not recommend this man to anyone and I cannot believe he won any award that I read about.

Doctor's Response

Dear Anonymous, Thank you for bringing your concern to us. At Mid Florida Dermatology, we pride ourselves on experienced and professional care. Dr. Gutierrez's personal philosophy is "To provide the highest quality medical care to the people of Central Florida," and it seems this day we didn't reach our goal. We are sorry that you feel you did not receive the care that was needed at this appointment. We will take your review to help make our practice better.

|  Rlb  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2012

Worst Dr Experience ever. This is patient mill. My husband and I went in together. They put us in same room stripped us and ran circles around us. They were cold, insenstive and we felt and if we were just specimens. They are just out for insurance. I would never recommend anyone to this Dr. We have made several visits and things have not changed. No more chances.

Doctor's Response

Dear Anonymous, Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. At Mid Florida Dermatology, we pride ourselves on quality patient care and making sure our patients feel comfortable. It is proper procedure to have patients in gowns so Dr. Gutierrez can check all over the body for moles and pre-cancerous spots, however you are not suppose to feel like specimens. At this practice we always try to put our patients first, over everything else. We are sorry that you felt this way after coming to our practice and will take your review to better our practice.

|  Thanks to Dr. Gutierrez and his staff!  |  show details
by janice79143 at Citysearch on Oct 13th, 2010 on citysearch.com

Thank you for your special care and concern each time I visit. Dr. Gutierrez is outstanding and very empathetic to my needs. I appreciate the personalized service.

|  Great Service Great Experience  |  show details
by suejenkins54 at Citysearch on Oct 13th, 2010 on citysearch.com

Today I was anxious to have some moles removed today from my body after not ever having a skin and mole check I was really worried that I may have acquired skin cancer. Still awaiting my results by phone but I must say that from the receptionists the nurses and Dr. Michael Gutierrez everyone was very helpful and friendly and made me feel really comfortable and at home with the whole procedure. I was a little nerve racked by having to have \"biopsy\" done on my moles but it was pretty quick and easy. I noticed the entire office as very clean and my appointment was right on time...less than a 2 minute wait...which is unlike most doctor offices I have frequented. By far the best dermatologist experience, to date!

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  He got rid of my skin cancer  |  show details
by cvpatt at Citysearch on Sep 14th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I was recently diagnosed with malignant melanoma of my neck area. A friend of mine noticed a dark spot that looked unhealthy last year and I made an effort to go see Dr. Gutierrez the following week. Sure enough it turned out to be melanoma. I have spent my whole life in the sun and didn`t take much care of my skin. After going in for surgery he was able to remove everything and I just went in for my checkup and so far so good. Also, you can`t even tell where the melanoma was on my face. Thanks Dr. Gutierrez!

|  Skilled doctor but terrible manners  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Dec 28th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

He is a great doctor and knows what he is talking about, but he is not very warm and friendly. I would say his staff might make up for his ...

|  Wouldn`t take my dog to him!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Sep 3rd, 2009 on insiderpages.com

This man was the most arrogant, pompous ass I have ever experienced in a doctor. He barely listened to my input, talking over me and rudely...

|  3000 almost SKIN CHECK  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Aug 17th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Husband, wife & teen son had skin checks in March 2009. Husband & son had molesspots removed to be sure & insurance didn`t pay. Now it is...

Feb 3rd, 2009

I saw four other dermatologist before seeing Dr. Gutierrez and beng correctly diagnosed. He is a good doctor.

by dfefgg on Jan 20th, 2009 on citysearch.com

I was seen at the Waterford Lakes location and was highly pleased. PA- Laura Mays saw me in a timely manner, but I got all the time with her I needed. Her office staff was very pleasent and helpful. Laura anwsered all my questions and put my mind at ease

|  Life Saver!!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Sep 13th, 2007 on insiderpages.com

Although Dr. Gutierrez is not a touchy-feely kind of doc, he has saved my life by finding 3 pre-cancerous places on me. I would trust nobody...

|  No Bedside Manner  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jun 9th, 2005 on insiderpages.com

I was seen by Dr. Gutierrez for a skin cancer check up. He was cold and impersonal and I felt like he ran through. I never had the opportu...