Dr. Michael Gutierrez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.2

August 1st, 2016
Dr. Gutierrez is a rude jerk. He didn't knock on the door, he didn't ask any questions about me, he was rude and condescending, and he didn't even look at an area of my skin that I specifically mentioned having problems with. I'd rather look like a pepperoni pizza for the next 6 years instead of following up with this piece of trash. Staff was quick and friendly though.

March 4th, 2016
Horrible and Rude Staff
I've been trying to get a pre-authorization for over two months now. They have the dumbest staff I have ever encountered. I've left no fewer than 15 messages for them and they never call me back. I've physically gone into the office twice to resolve the situation and they still can't get it done. Brenda from their downtown office hung up on me today because I was frustrated that they still can't get this figured out. My advice is to find another practice as these people are complete morons!!!

January 23rd, 2016
Beware!
Be careful. This guy INSISTED that I needed 8 MOLES removed. (Remember, someone makes money for every mole removed.) I knew this was WAY too many moles to remove since I have a yearly checkup and only occasionally do I need something removed. He actually made me feel horrible when I said I was going to get a second opinion. "I am warning you that you could have skin cancer." He actually asked me to sign a document that I had refused his surgery. After two second opinions, I had one mole removed. I told another Orlando doctor about my experience. Before I even mentioned a name, she said, "Let me guess: Dr. Gutierrez." Unbelievable.

January 8th, 2016
Awesome care. Thanks

September 18th, 2015
Saw Dr. Gutierrez several years ago to remove a fat deposit under my chin. Very impatient with this patient. I will never go back to him. I still go, but have the nurse p.

July 23rd, 2015
No bedside Manner/ Churns patients.
Spends no time with patients. Does not listen to patients concerns or try to explain issues. Very RUDE!! Seen many doctors and have not come across such a pompous doctor as Dr. Gutierrez. No care for patient just how quickly he can be in and out.

June 12th, 2015
Dr Gutierrez flew into the pt room, immediately started giving orders to the med asst, would not review meds I was already prescribed, did not ask any questions, did not review blood test results from Quest. He spent less than 4 mins in the room. Waste

April 24th, 2015
Rude and unprofessional
The nurse practitioner and assistant were both nice. They did all the examination and asked all the questions. Dr. Gutierrez didn't even come into the room. He stood in the doorway for not more than 30 seconds. No "good morning" or anything when he opened the door. He said a total of four words to me: "Stand up. Turn around." And those four words were said in a gruff, non-friendly, condescending manner. All his other comments were made to the nurse. His appearance was not professional. He basically looked like a bum -- nothing like the Glamorshot picture on his site. Regarding the office, while I was waiting, I asked the receptionist if I could go to the restroom. On my way back to the waiting room, I guess one of the nurses thought I was snooping around backstage. She followed me back to the waiting room and sarcastically asked, "Can I help you?" Later, when I was taken into the examination room, I had to pull the paper down on the examining chair. The assistant just watched and didn't try to help or even apologize. Bottom line: There are plenty of other dermatologists in Orlando. I WON'T be back.

March 30th, 2014
The services is SUCK the worst Dr In the World. Not spend time with the patient sorry client because this DR see the patient as a Dollars. You do not ask questions that always bothers him, is desperate to finish and exit quickly. Do not spend three minutes with the patient (client) I do not recommend to my worst enemy. Not have touch and Privacy for the Patient (Client)

February 6th, 2014
Patient Beware
I have a mole check once per year. I needed a new doc and went to him. The MOST I've ever had removed (moles) has been two at one visit. This guy, without even looking closely, comes in with a marker and starts circling saying "We need to remove this one..this one...this one." Keep in mind, DOCTORS MAKE MONEY FOR EVERY BIOPSY PERFORMED. I left for a second opinion. The next two derms told me there was no need to remove ANYTHING, just keep an eye on them. Later I found out he has a horrible reputation for doing unnecessary biopsies.

September 13th, 2013
Wish I had of checked reviews first.
I needed to be see a dermatologist the same day, I called so many offices within my insurance and nobody could see me that day...except this office. I thought great, they gave me an appointment. I arrived on time and waited and waited. I must have waited over 90 minutes and there was only a few people in the waiting room. After they had all left it was apparent the PA and nurse were doing nothing in the back but bantering as I could hear them laughing and shooting the breeze. Obviously the doctor wasn't there so they were enjoying their freedoms! I asked the receptionist when I was going to be seen and was taken maybe 10 minutes later. I wanted to run out of the room as soon as I was left there to change, there was a needle cap on the floor, dust bunnies, hairs, paperclips, some weird stains and the metal implement table next to the patient table had a layer of dust on it. I just kept reminding myself I needed to be seen that day! The procedure wasn't properly explained to me. As for the billing dept. that is a joke, I literally spent an forever being batted back and fourth, dropped call after dropped call when they tried to transfer me. Nobody seemed to be on the same page, each person I talked to had a different answer. It was extremely frustrating. As a patient it felt like the set-up was threw together in the efforts of opening as many offices and cranking patients in and out like a factory! Needless to say I won't be back.

September 9th, 2013
Greatly Disappointed!
I set up an appointment because I had a really bad rash on the palm of my hands. It looked disgusting and instead of going to my primary doctor decided to see Dr. Gutierrez. Can I say DISAPPOINTED! I was surprised that I did not have to wait long, but when he finally came into my room he was most definitely rushed! He didn't take the time to introduce himself and ask me questions. He took a look at my hands and told me I am suffering from an allergic reaction. I so wanted to say "duh doc, i am here so you can help me alleviate this problem." He insisted it was the hand sanitizer in which I used for YEARS and I insisted it was not that it was a lotion that I recently just tried. I felt like i was on his way! Not personal. I am just another 'patient' to give him money! Greatly disappointed and I will never go up. He wanted a follow up but I did not set up the appointment. I will never return and will NEVER, NEVER recommend this doc to anyone. If you do not like your career or lost the compassion to help others , then find another career. As patients we want to feel that we are worthy of YOUR time doc and take the time to hear us out. I swear I only saw him for like 2 minutes!!!!!! Do not ever go to him! Honestly, he came across full of himself and a total jerk.