Dr. Michael Macadams MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

July 15th, 2015
I read all of the reviews and was dreading going to this office. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The office was very clean and tidy and the receptionist was very kind. The only negative experiences that I had was the wait time. I was referred to this office by my primary care physician for suspicious nodules on my thyroid. I was given an appointment the same day. All of the staff were very courteous and helpful. They answered all of our questions without hesitation. Dr. MacAdams has over 30 years experience and it shows. He performed the necessary test quickly and I did not experience any pain or discomfort thanks to his expertise. I was told we would receive the results of the biopsy in about two weeks. He has a great sense of humor and calmed our fears. I would certainly recommend this office.

July 2nd, 2015
TOTAL CHAOS
This is the worst office I have ever seen. They are always behind and if you try to ask to receptionist /flunky a question, she interrupts and won't let you finish. She is rude and not professional at all. Her mother also works there. That's trouble in itself. The girl who checks you in is so polite but there is this lady with long black hair comes at her demanding she do something quicker. I ask who that lady was a she said it was the doctors wife. Whoa, that's he wife? Seriously Dr. Mac Adams is a great doctor and he has gotten me through a lot. He is smart and he will figure out what is wrong one way or another. I would recommend him to anyone. If you can get by the staff. He assistant is so gracious and pleasing. She is very helpful too. Dr. MacAdams deserves better office staff than he has. It is ridiculous talking in Spanish in front of people they know can not speak it. The receptionist has been there too long. They need new blood in there. As far as the lab, it is great knowing you don't have to go somewhere else for labs. The lady there is sweet and you can tell she is a christian. I just wish Dr. MacAdams would make some changes starting with the receptionist and then his wife, who proclaims to be a nurse. Help me Lord if she is. Pretty washed up.

June 24th, 2015
Unprofessional
I absolutely hate going to this office. The receptionist is very hateful and calls after hours to remind us of our appointments. When and if we try to reschedule, she hounds us at to "why"! She needs a little bit of some phone etiquette! They are always running around like overworked employees who obviously need about 2- 3 more employees to help out! After waiting in the lobby doe about 1-3 hours, we get called back. The girl who does all our meds and vitals is probably the only nice and considerate being in that office. She is always polite and smiling, what a blessing she is to that office.. After waiting for so long you listen to what goes on in the office. You can hear his God awful wife yelling at everyone in that office. Being very condescending and rude to everyone of Dr. MacAdams employees! Even when I've called to get labs or a new prescription she's quick to tell you she is the wife and that it will be taken care of. After waiting a week, I still have yet to hear from her. At times when I am going over meds with the nurse, you can hear her talking about how stupid and needy "they" the patients are! If she thinks that either of the nurses arw takung to long with a patient, she'll bang on the door or tell at them to "hurry up already!!" I can't imagine what those girls in the office put up with and Dr. MacAdams is getting works to the ground by his wife and is always running off very good nurses!! My husband and I absolutely plan on finding another Dr. We can't go through this every time we have an appointment!

February 18th, 2015
Dr. McAdams is a very good doctor ...but. I read all of the other reviews and decided to join the rest of the reviewers. From staff to getting test result is terrible. It takes an act of congress to get any results. I have seen one staff be the receptionist, sonographer and the phlebotomist. What is really going on? If I were that young lady, I think I would demand a raise. Thought to self maybe that is a relative. I am looking for another doctor because I can't allow the staff to put my health in jeopardy.

February 17th, 2015
WORST DR. EVER
HORRIBLE. NASTY RECEPTIONIST AND PEOPLE. SO RUDE.

February 13th, 2015
I am a big fan of Dr. MacAdams. He stays up to date on meds and research, visits with me one on one during each three month appt. ; and is even watching some issues outside the diabetes that I see him for primarily

February 4th, 2015
Poor quality care
I waited a week to call for lab results its been two week and I am still waiting for someone to call me back. But you can bet this office has already filed on my insurance. I work in medicine and our patients questions are answered within 12-24. How sad that the office staff is ruining his reputation. The follow up after visit does not even deserve one star.

January 30th, 2015
Horrific office staff!
Dr. MacAdams employs the worst office staff I have ever experienced. They are totally non-responsive to phone call backs and requests for records.

May 6th, 2014
receptionist is very condescending and rude and loves to put me on hold when I call, the dr. is very knowledgable but he just walks out of the room doesn't say "see you next time" or anything he just leaves the last time I went I was there for a long time

April 28th, 2014
Rude staff. They all seem to be in a hurry, even the doctor, and don't spend enough time on you. Also they will get angry if you have any concerns regarding the expenses.

December 3rd, 2013
Best Endocrinologist I have ever seen!!
I have Type 1 diabetes and, as a military person, have seen diabetes doctors literally all over the world. Dr McAdams has been the most knowlegable and helpful doctors I have seen.

June 18th, 2013
Worst doctor I have everseen
Dr. Macadams saw me for 15 minutes and charged me $ 597. He never told me his fees upfront; never mentioned he is not a doctor in my network. Probably the worst doctor I have come across in Lubbock, Texas.