2.5

TOTAL CHAOS show details TOTAL CHAOS
Jul 2nd, 2015

This is the worst office I have ever seen. They are always behind and if you try to ask to receptionist /flunky a question, she interrupts and won't let you finish. She is rude and not professional at all. Her mother also works there. That's trouble in itself. The girl who checks you in is so polite but there is this lady with long black hair comes at her demanding she do something quicker. I ask who that lady was a she said it was the doctors wife. Whoa, that's he wife? Seriously Dr. Mac Adams is a great doctor and he has gotten me through a lot. He is smart and he will figure out what is wrong one way or another. I would recommend him to anyone. If you can get by the staff. He assistant is so gracious and pleasing. She is very helpful too. Dr. MacAdams deserves better office staff than he has. It is ridiculous talking in Spanish in front of people they know can not speak it. The receptionist has been there too long. They need new blood in there. As far as the lab, it is great knowing you don't have to go somewhere else for labs. The lady there is sweet and you can tell she is a christian. I just wish Dr. MacAdams would make some changes starting with the receptionist and then his wife, who proclaims to be a nurse. Help me Lord if she is. Pretty washed up.

Unprofessional show details Unprofessional
by fed up on Jun 24th, 2015

I absolutely hate going to this office. The receptionist is very hateful and calls after hours to remind us of our appointments. When and if we try to reschedule, she hounds us at to "why"! She needs a little bit of some phone etiquette! They are always running around like overworked employees who obviously need about 2- 3 more employees to help out! After waiting in the lobby doe about 1-3 hours, we get called back. The girl who does all our meds and vitals is probably the only nice and considerate being in that office. She is always polite and smiling, what a blessing she is to that office.. After waiting for so long you listen to what goes on in the office. You can hear his God awful wife yelling at everyone in that office. Being very condescending and rude to everyone of Dr. MacAdams employees! Even when I've called to get labs or a new prescription she's quick to tell you she is the wife and that it will be taken care of. After waiting a week, I still have yet to hear from her. At times when I am going over meds with the nurse, you can hear her talking about how stupid and needy "they" the patients are! If she thinks that either of the nurses arw takung to long with a patient, she'll bang on the door or tell at them to "hurry up already!!" I can't imagine what those girls in the office put up with and Dr. MacAdams is getting works to the ground by his wife and is always running off very good nurses!! My husband and I absolutely plan on finding another Dr. We can't go through this every time we have an appointment!

by Frustratedpatient on Feb 18th, 2015

Dr. McAdams is a very good doctor ...but. I read all of the other reviews and decided to join the rest of the reviewers. From staff to getting test result is terrible. It takes an act of congress to get any results. I have seen one staff be the receptionist, sonographer and the phlebotomist. What is really going on? If I were that young lady, I think I would demand a raise. Thought to self maybe that is a relative. I am looking for another doctor because I can't allow the staff to put my health in jeopardy.

WORST DR. EVER show details WORST DR. EVER
Feb 17th, 2015

HORRIBLE. NASTY RECEPTIONIST AND PEOPLE. SO RUDE.

by Randy Henson on Feb 13th, 2015

I am a big fan of Dr. MacAdams. He stays up to date on meds and research, visits with me one on one during each three month appt. ; and is even watching some issues outside the diabetes that I see him for primarily

Poor quality care show details Poor quality care
by Kerri P on Feb 4th, 2015

I waited a week to call for lab results its been two week and I am still waiting for someone to call me back. But you can bet this office has already filed on my insurance. I work in medicine and our patients questions are answered within 12-24. How sad that the office staff is ruining his reputation. The follow up after visit does not even deserve one star.

Horrific office staff! show details Horrific office staff!
Jan 30th, 2015

Dr. MacAdams employs the worst office staff I have ever experienced. They are totally non-responsive to phone call backs and requests for records.

May 6th, 2014

receptionist is very condescending and rude and loves to put me on hold when I call, the dr. is very knowledgable but he just walks out of the room doesn't say "see you next time" or anything he just leaves the last time I went I was there for a long time

Apr 28th, 2014

Rude staff. They all seem to be in a hurry, even the doctor, and don't spend enough time on you. Also they will get angry if you have any concerns regarding the expenses.

Best Endocrinologist I have ever seen!! show details Best Endocrinologist I have ever seen!!
by Josh on Dec 3rd, 2013

I have Type 1 diabetes and, as a military person, have seen diabetes doctors literally all over the world. Dr McAdams has been the most knowlegable and helpful doctors I have seen.

Worst doctor I have everseen show details Worst doctor I have everseen
by George on Jun 18th, 2013

Dr. Macadams saw me for 15 minutes and charged me $ 597. He never told me his fees upfront; never mentioned he is not a doctor in my network. Probably the worst doctor I have come across in Lubbock, Texas.

never again show details never again
by colt on Jun 10th, 2013

Staff is rude, wont return lab results, doctor talks to you like your pond scum, does not address concerns. I don't know if it's a staff issue, but the nurse is probably the most rude, judgemental person I've had to deal with in years. Due to them not addressing my concerns I ended up in the hospital, and going to the mayo clinic in a week to figure this out, because this office is incapable of doing their jobs, they don't even try. I'm a T1 diabetic, he might be ok with T2's, but has no business treating a T1 period. I'm a very easy going guy, I tend to take things and let it roll off my shoulders, 1 visit with this guy was all I needed, and I will never step foot in that office again, period. I take great care of myself, I walked out of there feeling like I have never taken care of myself in 10 years. My a1c has been well under 7 for 8 years, now all the sudden I can't control it, I've been testing be very 2 to 4 hrs to prove my issues aren't related to T1, and nobody even looked at my previous records or my meter, then changed my pump basil rate with no knowledge of my trends. It was a waste of time, a waste of 200 dollars in diesel fuel and just caused more stress and frustration.

Can't communicate show details Can't communicate
Mar 7th, 2013

This guy should be restricted to treating lab rats. He is incapable of clear and courteous communication. I went in for testing on a heart situation which he said "could be serious." I had to call several times for results. Consistently, the answer was "the report is still on his desk. We will call back soon." A week later a nurse called and said only "the test were negative. He doesn't need to see you again." What happened to the "serious" condition. I asked for a followup appointment for an explanation and was given one. He very clearly felt I was wasting his time. His demeanor was condescending if not downright rude. After a few minutes of answering our questions he simply stood and left the room.

I wish I would of read these reviews first!!! show details I wish I would of read these reviews first!!!
Nov 12th, 2012

First the staff is horrible! They have the personality of a rock and about as friendly as a pit bull. I think I actually spent maybe a total of 20 minutes actually talking to anyone about my problem! I was there for 3 1/2 hours!! I read 1/2 of a book!!! The Doctor is indifferent and really does not seem to concerned with your problems. What he told me I already knew. So I learned nothing on the visit. The Doctor left the room without saying a word to me and I was sitting there in the paper gown when a Nurse walked in and said "Your still here? We need this room someone is waiting to come in here, you need to go to the lab, down the hall." Really? You think the Doc might of mentioned that and I felt she was a little snippy about how she told me. It has been 2 weeks and still no call back on the blood work so I guess on the upside I must not be dying! The lab lady who took the blood work was fast efficient and very nice! I called today to see if the results were in on the lab work and I was put on hold for awhile then when the receptionist came back on the phone she took my # and said someone will be in touch and then hung up! Getting the appointment is easy if you do not mind a minimum of 30 days before you can be seen. I will be searching for a new doctor immediately. I have Aetna insurance but because he is a Specialist I had to pay a 60.00 co-pay.

This is not Canada show details This is not Canada
Aug 22nd, 2012

Worse staff in a medical office. The wife probably works in office. You can tell by the staff not being cordial. I feel for them. I am now seeing a new Dr.

Good dr, office not that great show details Good dr, office not that great
Mar 5th, 2012

I think Dr. Macadams knows his field *very* well, I've always been extremely grateful for how his expertise has helped me. My problem is with the staff. They wear a uniform of surface 'politeness, efficiency, and cheerfulness' but (here comes the list): the wait time gets longer and longer every time I go (since 2004), I can NEVER conduct business on the phone (immediately upon picking up the phone they put you on hold and never come back (I've even witnessed this careless indifference while in the office)), and you may or may not get a call-back regarding test results. My biggest beef is with the non-answering of the phone. I rated 'ease of getting in for an appointment' low because of this practice (putting you on hold indefinitely) though they are actually pretty good at scheduling you fairly quickly (not to say you won't have to wait a long time in lobby) IF you're in person to make the arrangement. But that does not constitute 'ease' if you live out of town and can't go to the office every time you need to make an appointment. I have a few other smaller complaints as well, but they're too hard to describe in short space.

Answer Questions show details Answer Questions
Jan 14th, 2011

I've seen him for thyriod problems. Nice man but took three days to have a nurse call me back. Attempted to see him for issues and was asked to keep my appointment already scheduled. Which was three months away. My primary doctor had to up my dose cause i couldn"t get any answer from him. Overall i think he needs a better staff or get another physican to help him. Takes to long to return calls.

McAdams Office and Professionalism (or lack there of) show details McAdams Office and Professionalism (or lack there of)
Sep 27th, 2010

Dr. McAdams is good as far as I can tell. Staff either do not pass on messages or ignore the messages they receive. I have called to get results and not received the results after multiple inquires. Doctor is not talkative and staff are usually about as friendly as the furniture. Insurance: Aetna