A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Mack:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Mack is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Mack, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 27 areas:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Restenosis
- Coronary Stenosis
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Lung Cancer
- Mediastinum Cancer (Mediastinal Neoplasm)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Myocardial Infarction
- Percutaneous Arterial Septic Defect (ASD) Closure
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Mack graduated from Saint Louis University. He has 12 awards.
Dr. Mack has 11 hospital affiliations:
- North Central Medical Center
- THE HEART HOSPITAL Baylor Plano
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mack accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael J. Mack practice?
Dr. Michael Mack practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Dallas, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Plano, TX.
See Dallas Surgeons.