Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Apr 28th, 2016

I had my aortic valve replaced in 1989 and in 2009 it was developing pannus tissue around the opening of the valve so that I was not getting enough blood pumped through my body. Dr. Mack replaced the aortic valve, put in a mitral valve, replaced some other parts of my heart and did a single by-pass. Although I have to have some more surgeries on my heart, Dr. Mack was wonderful and I will always be grateful for the extra years he has given me to spend time with my husband, children, and grandchildren. I thank God for this wonderful man..

Fantastic Physician show details Fantastic Physician
by Gary M. on Sep 24th, 2015

Fantastic physician who did an awesome job on my minimally invasive mitral valve replacement & maze procedure 4 years ago. I was kept relatively pain-free through the entire process.

Quad bypass 2nd chance show details Quad bypass 2nd chance
by Steve B on Aug 16th, 2015

Dr. Mack performed bypass surgery in '93. I saw it as a second chance at a normal life, but I had to be willing to make some major changes. I did my part, as Dr. Mack did his. 22 years later and I've no heart problems. Work with Mended Hearts as volunteer to show other heart patients there is hope and support out there. Thank you Dr. Mack.

Family member died after botched surgery show details Family member died after botched surgery
by Frustrated on Nov 10th, 2014

Terrible surgeon . Full of himself

Incredible surgeon and staff show details Incredible surgeon and staff
by David C on Jul 29th, 2013

I would recommend anyone who needs a heart procedure to visit Dr. Mack if at all possible. Unbelievable 5 star care.

He HeMade Me Feel Safe show details He HeMade Me Feel Safe
Dec 27th, 2011

From the moment I met Dr. Mack in his office in Plano, I felt safe. I had a very bad, bad mitral valve, and other doctors thought a replacement would be best. But Dr. Mack REPAIRED my OWN valve. Therefore, I do not need blood thinners, nor will I have to have another surgery in 10 or so years to replace a temporary porcine or bovine valve. Not only that, but he performed minimally invasive surgery, and I only have a 3 inch scar. Dr. Mack is amazing. A truly brilliant heart surgeon. I can honestly say I owe this wonderful doctor my life.

Brilliant Man, Talent Galore! show details Brilliant Man, Talent Galore!
Sep 3rd, 2011

My husband waited a lot longer to get help for his deteriorating health than was wise. He almost didn't make it, but thanks to Doctor Mack, he's getting better and stronger every day. Doc is an artist in his field; I couldn't ever thank him enough, and I immensely respect his talent.

FAILED SURGERIES show details FAILED SURGERIES
Mar 18th, 2011

TWO TIMES FAILED TO CORRECT DEFECTS DURING SURGERY. CHANGING TO BETTER SURGEON.