Dr. Michael Macksood DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 31st, 2013
Lack of Compassionate and Thorough Patient Care
My father was hospitalized due to extreme abdominal and groin pain, ultrasounds and cat scan results showed a possible mass in the bladder blocking one of his kidneys. When approached about the test results he said he would do a scope outpatient when my father was discharged. Dr. Macksood said he thought the mass was just an overgrowth of the bladder, and since my fathers kidneys were in failure (due to the mass I might add) he was unable to do dye containing tests that would give a definite diagnosis without a scope examination. My father was only discharged 1 day before being readmitted to the hospital , when Dr Macksood was contacted to consult again during the 2nd hospitalization. He scolded my father for not following up with him to do the scope even though he was only out of the hospital for one day. During this time his pain medication was decreased because Dr. Macksood assured the hospital internal medicine physician that my father was fine, and that the scope could wait. He still refused to do the scope inpatient. My father was out of the hospital only 2 days and was admitted to a different hospital for the 3rd time within in a month where a different urologist did the scope and my father was diagnosed with bladder cancer stage 4. My father suffered needlessly from Dr. Macksood's judgement, if the diagnosis would have been given earlier simply by performing a scope, hospice would have been able to manage his pain more effectively sooner. Instead my father suffered needlessly. I can't recommend to that you he is not a good physician, but I can confidently say I feel as though he significantly failed my father in compassionate and thorough care.

January 10th, 2012
Bad experience
3 years ago I was referred to Dr. M. Macksood for removal of a urethral caruncle (polyp) via cystoscopy. After the surgery, the caruncle was still there and even bigger than previously. He made some vague comment that it may be due to swelling post surgery which I did not believe. I never returned to him, but have waited, unwilling to undergo another procedure. The caruncle has grown a bit larger, causing my primary care doctor to suggest I might want to be referred to another urologist.

April 16th, 2016