Dr. Michael Maeder Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

September 11th, 2012

great doctor just not a people person

June 13th, 2012

Horrible Experience

Dr. Maeder was EXTREMELY cold and rude to me. He acted as if my problems were only in my mind. He told me that based on my bloodwork there is nothing wrong with me and he didn't know what he could do. When I asked if he could look further into my thyroid, he said that the tests my family doctor ran were the same tests he would run, even though after research, I knew that an endocrinologist should be able to look further than just the basic test. Complete waste of my time and money, I would highly recommend to NEVER see this "internist."

February 11th, 2011

I would not recommend this doctor to my enemies.

I went to Dr. Maeder because I was having some metabolism problems and pain in my hands and feet. My family doctor refferred me to him. All he did was check my vitals, didn't run a single test. Told me I must be starving myself and thats why I am losing so much weight. Also told me he had no recommendation or suggestions for the pain I was experiencing, he told me I'd just have to live with it. I have been dealing with this for 4 years now and this is the first specialist I have seen. What a jerk! I would NEVER recommend him or the office in general. I had scheduled an appointment and they didnt put it into the computer so someone else got MY APPOINTMENT! So I had to wait another month to get blown off by Dr. Michael Maeder. This office and christ hospital affiliates in general are a joke! I went to Dr. Maeder because I was having some metabolism problems and pain in my hands and feet. My family doctor refferred me to him. All he did was check my vitals, didn't run a single test. Told me I must be starving myself and thats why I am losing so much weight. Also told me he had no recommendation or suggestions for the pain I was experiencing, he told me I'd just have to live with it. I have been dealing with this for 4 years now and this is the first specialist I have seen. What a jerk! I would NEVER recommend him or the office in general. I had scheduled an appointment and they didnt put it into the computer so someone else got MY APPOINTMENT! So I had to wait another month to get blown off by Dr. Michael Maeder. This office and christ hospital affiliates in general are a joke!

December 21st, 2009

Dr. Maeder comes across aloof, keeping the distance - which can be interpreted that he does not seem to care about your health issue or concerns. I was not impressed by his knowledge outside of endocrinology - despite the fact that he sees patients as an internist.

July 16th, 2009

Dr. Maeder is unable to think outside of the box. His knowledge was extremely limited, and he made decisions based on very basic bloodwork, going strictly by the book. If you have symptoms that do not exactly fit a disease he will not be able to diagnose you or help you feel better. He also goes strictly by TSH to disgnose thyroid, even though multiple websites say you may have thyroid problems with TSH being in the "normal" range and T3 and/or T4 being wrong, especially if you have the symptoms. His bedside manner was terrible; he is very rude. It seems to me he just needs to retire if he has no interest in continuing his education, which it is obvious he doesn't.

February 6th, 2017