Dr. Michael Maehara Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Maehara?

February 8th, 2016

Poor office skills in the office

August 12th, 2015

Busy guy.

July 5th, 2014

Don't waste your time.

I can self diagnose better than he diagnosed me in the 3 seconds he spent in the room with me.

August 5th, 2013

Wonderful doctor!

Dr. Maehara is a vital part of why I am able to function today. He took his time with me and was very patient. He ran tests and found out that I had cancer along with my R.A.. He went to the hospital even though he was off. I was treated and today cancer free. Thank you Dr. Maehara for giving me my life back!

February 22nd, 2013

The Best

I started seeing Dr. Maehara in 2003 when I could barely walk. He diagnosed me very quickly with RA and set me on the path good health. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Today I am relatively pain free thanks to him.

August 17th, 2012

On My Last Leg While Under His Care

I can recall having Dr. Maehara as my Rheumatologist back in '07, when, at the young age of 35, I went to him, experiencing severe joint pain. He was routinely short, and rather rude with me. He never explained WHY I was experiencing the pain that I was in, and prescribed a "pill" for every complaint. I'll never forget the time that I went in there, after having lost nearly 40 lbs in less than 2 months, and he didn't even notice/care. I asked him "Am I dying?" He told me that, at the rate I was going, at 35 years of age, I'd never have kids, all of my hair would fall out, and I'd probably be dead within about 6 months. How "sensitive," right? Needless to say, after my Mother (who, because I was so weak, had to transport me around everwhere) gave him a VERY stern tongue-lashing, I left his office, and never returned again. That same night, I Googled and searched, until I found the BEST Doctor/office in the world: The Arthritis Center of Riverside! Here I am, 5 years later, in remission (as opposed to being in a casket), and functioning quite well. If nothing else, my WILL to live was formed as a result of the care, patience, and understanding that I received from my current Rheumy. I can't believe that Dr. Maehara is still in practice; and, my heart hurts for all of the many patients, who have nearly given up on life, due to all of the "unexplained" pain that they are in, while under his care. I am living proof that, you CAN live, and live WONDERFULLY, with RA and Lupus and Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (MCTD), which are ALL of the conditions that I suffer from. You know, Dr. Maehara, the ones that (according to YOU) were all in my HEAD???!!! But, while under YOUR care, you gave me a "pill" (Lexapro) for that! Shame on you, and the horrible, horrible care that you provided.

July 3rd, 2012

Very upset

My wife was recently diagnosed at age 27 with Rheumatoid Arthritis.Those that are familiar with this disease know what it can do both physically and mentally to an individual. After my wife attended 2 sessions with Dr Maehara, she complained both times stating that he showed no interest in her case. When she asked questions about life style changes, he said she will just adjust, but didn't explain how. For every question, he had a medication, which we don't want. She is very scared being 27 mother of 3 with this recent diagnosis. After he requested she be put on very light duty at work, my wifes work placed her on disability and paperwork was sent to Dr maehera's office for signatures. His office failed to respond for a full two weeks, when he finally did, he told my wife he's not going to sign paperwork to take her out of work, which wasn't even her call. Her work placed her on disability!!! Now due to his lack of communication, we are left trying to pick up the pieces for over two weeks of missing pay and 3 kids. He has no heart. He is only there to collect a pay check! What a heartless crook! We are left struggling because of him. He fixed nothing, only created new problems.

June 6th, 2012

Great doctor

He is the best. I wouldn't not want any other doctor. He diagnosed my RA quickly and got me back on my feet in short order.

March 1st, 2010

He is the best

Dr. Maehara has been my Rheumatologist for some 16-20yrs. Even though I moved to Texas he is still my Dr, I make the trip out for appointment 2-3 times a year.In my books he is the best and most patient Dr I have ever gone to.Keep up the good work Dr.

December 10th, 2008

Very caring, listens to what you have to say, explains what he means so that you can understand. Very patient and kind

April 19th, 2017