Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, Psychiatrists

312 N Alma School Rd
Ste 18
Chandler, AZ 85224
480-732-1900
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Rebuttal to the two junkies who hijacked my google account and misrepresented themselves as me.  |  show details
by Jack Vachel Smethers on Jan 3rd, 2014

I have been one of two of Dr Michael Mahl's office assistants. . While it is true that I possess a valid medical marijuana card in the state of Arizona, it is not true that I am some sort of pothead freak. This and other medications I am on help me cope with well-documented chronic back pain. Sadly, though, people that I believed to be friends turned out to be malicious, backbiting animals with no moral compunction. Dr Mahl is, and has always been good to me and his patients, and, as is rare these days, he puts the needs of others before himself. The two people, who misrepresented themselves as Jack V Smethers lied about Dr. Mahl,s conduct, and his paperwork. He has always been nothing but professional with me and all his patients. I will be taking legal steps against the perpetrators of this Fraudulent crime. I can strongly recommend Dr. Mahl as a skilled and compassionate doctor!!!!

|  DR. MAHL GENUINELY CARES ABOUT EACH PERSON AS AN INDIVIDUAL! HE HAS CHANGED MY LIFE! I LIVE & LOVE LIFE AGAIN THANKS TO DR. MAHL! DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS!  |  show details
by Destiny W. on Dec 12th, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr. Michael Mahl for several years and I can assure you first hand that Dr. Mahl does not look at his patients as another paycheck or some numbers on a chat unlike other practices I've unfortunately encountered in the past! You are a name, a human being, a person in need an Dr. Mahl cares about your needs, your well-being from his heart! He's NOT a get you in and out real quick like most Dr's.! He spends the proper time needed with each patient! You are not a time slot! I have never met such a thorough, caring person/Dr. in all my life! Dr. Mahl takes the time to truly listen to you and listens closely! When is the last time you got that with any Dr? I have read the negative reviews that have been said about Mahl & his staff on here and they are FALSE FALSE FALSE! We all know that not everyone can be pleased no matter what someone does! You are so well cared for, cared about that you will feel as if you are family at the practice of Dr. Mahl! IF WANT REAL HELP DR. MAHL IS THE DR. FOR YOU! HE LITERALLY GAVE ME MY LIFE BACK! DR. MICHAEL MAHL SAVED MY LIFE! HE WILL DO THE SAME FOR YOU!

|  BEST DOC EVER  |  show details
Oct 21st, 2012

I WAS SO DEPRESSED AND STRESSED DR MAHL HAS CHANGED MY LIFE. I DEF RECOMEND YOU GOING TO SEE HIM IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN OR STRESSED.

|  Avoid this doctor!  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2012

This poor excuse for an Addiction Medicine Clinic is just the worst I've seen in my 30 years. The "Doctor" just sits and shares his entire life story with you, rather than listening to yours writes a prescription, charges you hundreds of dollars. He is always highly inappropriate about patient confidentiality. Worst of all, the doctor is too cheap to hire a janitor, so the office is always disgusting. The one redeeming quality about this office, is if you need patient assistance or a letter for work , the office manager, Bunny, is always on top of it and ready to help you. I was able to get three of my prescriptions covered by the manufacturer because she filled out the forms with me! Still, the office is not worth the money you pay... and I would strongly avoid it.

|  Pot abuse and arguing.  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2012

Dr. Mahl is a horrible human being. He is just out to line his pockets and does not care about his patients. I was a patient of his for about 6 months, and that was all I could take. He would charge me $100 for 30 minutes, and see me for about 15-20. Which was how long I had to wait for him to even get to me after he spent 15 minutes socializing (actually, arguing is a better term) with Jack, one of his office workers. The receptionist, Bunny, was the only redeeming quality of the entire office, and I'm sure without her the entire office would cease to function. Dr. Mahl would come out of his office, and go into the back of the building, and Jack would be smoking pot in the back, and the doctor would catch him EVERY time I would come in for an appointment. I felt completely ignored, and couldn't believe I paid $100 to listen to some argument about Jack's pot abuse. Then instead of just firing Jack, he would tell him to go home because he didn't want to see him anymore. Don't come to this office if you expect professionalism out of anyone except the receptionist.

|  FILTHY!!  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2012

Dr. Mahl's office looks like it has not been cleaned in over a year...seriously. It is disgusting!! A dirty band-aid was in the same spot over a two week period. This does not leave a good impression! While he does take some time to talk to his patients, it doesn't feel thorough and I don't fully trust him for the care of my loved one's addiction problem. I found out more about the drug he prescribed (suboxone) online than we did in the 30 minute appointment with him. He didn't go over his long term goals, or make any sort of clear plan, he just handed out a prescription and said come back (and pay another $100)next time. Positives: He is very accomodating on times he is available to patients and is available into the evening. He's straightforward about his own addiction issues, and in general is a no BS kind of Dr. I think he needs to be more organized and clear about his plan for patients and clean that filthy, filthy office!!

|  show details
Sep 3rd, 2011

Great doctor. A real expert in addiction medicine. He has always accommodated me when I have needed an appointment on short notice. I have been clean for 2 years with his help. He really cares.

|  Frightening  |  show details
by J T on Aug 7th, 2009

This guy spends the whole session on the phone and talking to his "impaired" office worker. What a joke. I have never been so disapointed in a "dr." in my entire life, and I'm 65 years old. He just sits and rambles about himself, writes a prescription, charges you $200.Pathetic.

|  great dr  |  show details
by satisfied relative of Dr M's patient on Jun 25th, 2009

Dr Mahl diagnosed my family member, prescribed the exact medicine she needed, and she's on the road to recovery thanks to this caring physician. One of the valley's great psychiatrists. Very caring, compassionate.

|  Spends more than 5min with you  |  show details
by Susan on Apr 27th, 2009

My experiance with this Dr was that he took as long as needed to work with you. None of this wham bam thank you now give me your money kind of Drs so many of us are used to. In my opinion a Great Dr.

|  show details
by Margaret Nahmias on May 28th, 2008

Takes time to explain things and is responsible. Won't push you to take medications you won't need.