Dr. Michael Mahl MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 18th, 2015
Great Doctor
If you are looking for a Dr. who is compassionate, puts you at ease and non judgmental this is your Doctor. I, like others, have a great relationship with Dr. Maul. He's not only stabilized my withdrawal from opiates to the point of non-dependency, but also introduced a new medication for my bipolar. This medication is nothing short of a miracle. I've had Bipolar for 10 years and even though the other Doctor’s did their best to stabilize my mood swings, I still had feelings of despair and self-loathing. (Those of you who have bipolar know exactly what I mean). It's like I feel normal again.

March 14th, 2015
Some people never satisfied
Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Perhaps the negative reviews are written by people trying to obtain more of their medication than prescribed. When the Doctor explains its not time yet, the patient becomes mad. Look in the mirror, many people are the root cause of their own problem. Dr. Mahl has always been good to me. Very accommodating , and has helped me tremendously. Not one of us is perfect. Don't be quick to judge someone until you walk in their shoes. By the way, have you looked at your own house, maybe you need to clean it. Thank you Dr. Mahl.

February 10th, 2015
Scary
Someone needs to make sure this guy never practices medicine again. I encourage anyone to look into Dr. Mahl's personal issues and past before seeing him as a patient. Look at criminal past and anything related to his name and be advised first before your medical information is under his name.

January 3rd, 2014
Rebuttal to the two junkies who hijacked my google account and misrepresented themselves as me.
I have been one of two of Dr Michael Mahl's office assistants. . While it is true that I possess a valid medical marijuana card in the state of Arizona, it is not true that I am some sort of pothead freak. This and other medications I am on help me cope with well-documented chronic back pain. Sadly, though, people that I believed to be friends turned out to be malicious, backbiting animals with no moral compunction. Dr Mahl is, and has always been good to me and his patients, and, as is rare these days, he puts the needs of others before himself. The two people, who misrepresented themselves as Jack V Smethers lied about Dr. Mahl,s conduct, and his paperwork. He has always been nothing but professional with me and all his patients. I will be taking legal steps against the perpetrators of this Fraudulent crime. I can strongly recommend Dr. Mahl as a skilled and compassionate doctor!!!!

December 12th, 2013
DR. MAHL GENUINELY CARES ABOUT EACH PERSON AS AN INDIVIDUAL! HE HAS CHANGED MY LIFE! I LIVE & LOVE LIFE AGAIN THANKS TO DR. MAHL! DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS!
I've been a patient of Dr. Michael Mahl for several years and I can assure you first hand that Dr. Mahl does not look at his patients as another paycheck or some numbers on a chat unlike other practices I've unfortunately encountered in the past! You are a name, a human being, a person in need an Dr. Mahl cares about your needs, your well-being from his heart! He's NOT a get you in and out real quick like most Dr's.! He spends the proper time needed with each patient! You are not a time slot! I have never met such a thorough, caring person/Dr. in all my life! Dr. Mahl takes the time to truly listen to you and listens closely! When is the last time you got that with any Dr? I have read the negative reviews that have been said about Mahl & his staff on here and they are FALSE FALSE FALSE! We all know that not everyone can be pleased no matter what someone does! You are so well cared for, cared about that you will feel as if you are family at the practice of Dr. Mahl! IF WANT REAL HELP DR. MAHL IS THE DR. FOR YOU! HE LITERALLY GAVE ME MY LIFE BACK! DR. MICHAEL MAHL SAVED MY LIFE! HE WILL DO THE SAME FOR YOU!

October 21st, 2012
BEST DOC EVER
I WAS SO DEPRESSED AND STRESSED DR MAHL HAS CHANGED MY LIFE. I DEF RECOMEND YOU GOING TO SEE HIM IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN OR STRESSED.

August 15th, 2012
Avoid this doctor!
This poor excuse for an Addiction Medicine Clinic is just the worst I've seen in my 30 years. The "Doctor" just sits and shares his entire life story with you, rather than listening to yours writes a prescription, charges you hundreds of dollars. He is always highly inappropriate about patient confidentiality. Worst of all, the doctor is too cheap to hire a janitor, so the office is always disgusting. The one redeeming quality about this office, is if you need patient assistance or a letter for work , the office manager, Bunny, is always on top of it and ready to help you. I was able to get three of my prescriptions covered by the manufacturer because she filled out the forms with me! Still, the office is not worth the money you pay... and I would strongly avoid it.

August 9th, 2012
Pot abuse and arguing.
Dr. Mahl is a horrible human being. He is just out to line his pockets and does not care about his patients. I was a patient of his for about 6 months, and that was all I could take. He would charge me $100 for 30 minutes, and see me for about 15-20. Which was how long I had to wait for him to even get to me after he spent 15 minutes socializing (actually, arguing is a better term) with Jack, one of his office workers. The receptionist, Bunny, was the only redeeming quality of the entire office, and I'm sure without her the entire office would cease to function. Dr. Mahl would come out of his office, and go into the back of the building, and Jack would be smoking pot in the back, and the doctor would catch him EVERY time I would come in for an appointment. I felt completely ignored, and couldn't believe I paid $100 to listen to some argument about Jack's pot abuse. Then instead of just firing Jack, he would tell him to go home because he didn't want to see him anymore. Don't come to this office if you expect professionalism out of anyone except the receptionist.

September 3rd, 2011
Great doctor. A real expert in addiction medicine. He has always accommodated me when I have needed an appointment on short notice. I have been clean for 2 years with his help. He really cares.

August 7th, 2009
Frightening
This guy spends the whole session on the phone and talking to his "impaired" office worker. What a joke. I have never been so disapointed in a "dr." in my entire life, and I'm 65 years old. He just sits and rambles about himself, writes a prescription, charges you $200.Pathetic.

June 25th, 2009
great dr
Dr Mahl diagnosed my family member, prescribed the exact medicine she needed, and she's on the road to recovery thanks to this caring physician. One of the valley's great psychiatrists. Very caring, compassionate.

April 27th, 2009
Spends more than 5min with you
My experiance with this Dr was that he took as long as needed to work with you. None of this wham bam thank you now give me your money kind of Drs so many of us are used to. In my opinion a Great Dr.