A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Markel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Markel is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Markel
Obesity Patient Education Our obesity patient education guide explains causes, diagnosis and treatments for obseity and how to lose weight.Before Visiting Dr. Markel Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Markel, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Markel graduated from The Ohio State University , Columbus.
Dr. Markel has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Union Hospital
- Alliance Community Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael L Markel MD is a male Internist, has 30 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- Where does Dr. Michael L. Markel practice?
- Dr. Michael Markel has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Markel practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology near Massillon, OH.
See Massillon Internists and Massillon Cardiologists.