Dr. Michael Mastrangelo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 20th, 2016
ooops culture was lost, turns out culture was never taken
Dr. Mastrangelo has a excellent bedside matter that changes quickly when you have to confront him on an issue. I am a liver transplant recipient with a compromised immune system who seen him with an infection from a previous surgery done in MN.. After his surgery on infected wound site nobody could find the culture of the infected site to determine what the infection was caused from and what antibiotics to use . After I filed an official complaint with hospital the investigation showed the culture was never taken. The hospital assured me that this was his responsibility. This ended up not good for me as I had to fly to Mn and have another surgery to correct the problem.

August 23rd, 2015
When my daughter came into the ER with severe stomach pain, Dr. Mastrangelo arrived and explained the cause of her pain and then made his recommendation of the treatment needed. He allowed my daughter to ask questions about alternative treatments and make her choice regarding a alternative to treating her small bowel obstruction, all the while cases sing her and ensuring no further problems occurred. He spent as much time as needed for us to decided finally to go to surgery--what he had recommended was necessary. I felt very blessed that he had the needed expertise and knowledge to correct my daughter's problem and also he made evident his compassion for her. I would highly recommend Dr. Mastrangelo.

February 19th, 2015
Had double hernia operation. It was great!! Like waking after a nap with renewed vigor....Dr. Mastrangelo is my choice.

February 1st, 2014
Dr. Mastrangelo is one of the nicest, kindest, sincere Doctors I have ever met. He did a great job removing my sons appendix. He had to have an emergency appendectomy. Dr. Mastrangelo was very kind and came out after the surgery and answered all questions in plain English so I knew what he was talking about, I am truly grateful he was the one who performed my son's surgery. Great Job Doc! My sincere thanks to you!

April 7th, 2011
Dr. Mastrangelo is by far the most caring and compassionate doctor I have ever visited. His office staff are fantastic and they went out of their way to make me feel right at home and comfortable. The doc has a great bedside manner, and smiles easily (an attribute many surgeons do not have). I would highly recommend him to anyone and everyone.

March 23rd, 2011
colonoscopy review
I didn't have most of the above experiences with Dr Mastrangelo so I didn't provide ratings. I was scheduled to have him perform the colonoscopy (my first) and everything went well. My only real comment is that after the colonoscopy I wouldn't have known I even had a colonoscopy. So, what I'm saying is there was absolutely no discomfort. The worst part of a colonoscopy is prepping for it (the days before) in flushing the colon.

July 29th, 2010
No Follow up or Discussion of possibilities.
We spent time and LOTS OF $MONEY$ in both preview appointments and endoscopy/colonoscopy testing. After all the testing, neither was the prognosis discussed or any alternative to relieve the daily pain and discomfort. The only thing we learned was, everything looks normal??? But the pain is still there and wasn't in past years. Did not feel that the care that was needed to cure the problem was even considered. I felt like..I was a number or just the Next patient to take the test and pay the huge bill for ???? WHAT??