A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Matthay:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Matthay
Read all about venous thromboembolism symptoms and treatments by reading our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Matthay Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Matthay, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Critical Care
Education & Awards
Dr. Matthay graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia.
Dr. Matthay has 2 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- Medical Center at UCSF
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Anthony Matthay MD is a male Internist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Michael A. Matthay practice?
- Dr. Michael Matthay has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Matthay practices Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Internists, San Francisco Pulmonologists, and San Francisco Critical Care Practitioners.