Dr. Michael Mayfield MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 8th, 2017
Very good doctor
I have been seeing Dr. Mayfield for about a year now and I LOVE his bedside manner. He is very nice and seems to be genuinely concerned about his patients well being. The only minute issue is that sometimes they overbook him and you'll have to wait a bit to be seen. Once seen though, the wait seems miniscule!

July 26th, 2016
Great doctor
Very nice and cares about his patients

January 28th, 2016
Dr mayfield is a very understanding compassionate phsycatrist. (I know I didn't spell that right) but he caresponded about his patients well being

December 3rd, 2015
patient comment/Dr. Review
I've known Dr. Mayfield for over 5 yrs. He is a Very Good listener, But most Patients that are Regulars fail to go to "Talk Therapy" (Psychotherapy) and take up time that he isn't always at liberty to be their therapist too. He also needs patients to understand that it's their responsibility to give him feedback about what works for them or not. He is NOT a mindreader. I say this because the truth is MOST patients Do NOT understand how general psychiatry works. It is essential to every client to have friends or family help you evaluate your mental thought patterns (If possible) & or of life circumstances to better enable the assistance of ANY Dr. Including General Practice. The reason I say this is because you, your loved one's, peers, etc. know YOU better than anyone else. Unless you just keep quiet & to yourself. This is not meant for blame, but It Slows down (Wait times) for established patients. I have Only done the "Talk" thing upon changing meds & asking or noting what the results were about the change of meds were. Lots of conditions "mimic" other Mental or Psychological conditions. Get Reg. Bloodwork from your primary Dr. have your Lithium levels checked, thyroid, & visit a Neurologic Dr. this can also help tremendously as well. Best Wishes. Oh, Please answer the phone, Please. I'm not going to hold you up forever.

August 27th, 2015
The Receptionist
The ladies in there that they have are very disrespectful to My Wife when she was trying to make another appointment they got rid of the nice receptionist and got worse ones the nice receptionist gave us food when we was hungry because it took so long for a ride to get therethere I don't think we are going this doctor office anymore. We are going to find my wife a new doctor that's for sure.

May 22nd, 2015
Great Shrink
An Excellent Psychiatrist who seems to tryly care about outcome! Excellent.

March 26th, 2015
pill dispenser
I know several people that go to this man for narcotics. I also see several other reviews claiming the same thing. Something needs to be done about this. He is nothing more than a drug dealer in a white coat.

March 3rd, 2015
Quack a doodle do! This man is dangerous! He fed me lots of Xanax

February 24th, 2015
Best
Best Psychiatrist; appears to sincerely care about patient outcomes and does whatever to minimize suffering (professionally). Extremely easy to relate to and trust in his intentions. I've had many psychiatric and serious physical trauma; therefore I've interacted w many Doctors and Psychiatrists. I wold give him highest laurels.

February 9th, 2015
Terrible
Rude staff, a doctor who gives no eye contact and says nothing...

June 16th, 2014
My adult son went to him several years ago for depression and anxiety. The first time he went by himself, the second time he asked me to go with him to get my thoughts on the doctor. As everyone else rated him 1-2 stars and their TRUE comments, I can reiterate everything they said. I don't understand how this man got a license to practice. He is nothing but a pill dispenser, misdiagnoses and is the oddest person I have ever encountered. if you want a real doctor, DO NOT GO TO THIS MAYFIELD person....

May 8th, 2013
Great Doctor.
Although the wait times can be unbearable at times, Dr. Mayfield takes the time to really listen and work with his patients to improve their quality of life. He has helped me tremendously.