Dr. Michael Mckinney MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

August 21st, 2014
I have used Dr. McKinney for several years. Before me, my grandmother used him. I value his opinion and he is always so pleasant and always smiling makes you feel so at ease. His staff is also excellent. So caring. I wouldn't use anyone else. I trust him with my life.

July 9th, 2012
a good buddy,but
i think that he gets false readings from the people he sends you to - for instance ultrasounds of carotid arteries last year mine had 50% blockage and this year normal - i had stress tests done was completely out of breath and almost fell off of the treadmill one of the assistants caught me and it took forever for my heart rate to come down and it was normal - he is a nice guy i just think that he gets poor lab results.

March 2nd, 2012
Wonderful
Dr. McKinney is a fabulous physician. He takes the time to listen to his patients and put them at ease about any concerns. His office staff is fantastic as well. His nurse practitioner is very compassionate as well as competent. I think anyone would be in great hands with Dr. McKinney.

February 13th, 2012
Love physician and his wonderful NP...

September 8th, 2011
AGram Not Right After Care
This Dr. Seemed (in office) sweet,concerned, and caring. But, I would not recommend him post-op care. I had Arteriogram and was sent home in pain, with no medication for the site probed during AGram. Having talked to many people before I was admitted, and at the Oslo al about procedure, they were all given ample medication to control the pain during and left the hospital with ample pain medication for site @femoral artery by different doctors. This is why I would suggest that you find another cardiologist. Maybe just me but I like for my caregivers to actually care(not just appear) they do and when they are really needed not.

February 16th, 2011
Friendly down to earth manner that really put me at ease.

September 27th, 2010
If you just need a buddy who really seems to care about you, Dr. Mc Kinney fits the bill but in reality you most probably need a psychiatrist. Mike is a great guy but is not an exceptional cardiologist. He has several offices. The one I tried to use was Cardiovascular Consultants at Brookwood Medical Center. It was and is a dysfunctional entity i.e. your appointment time means nothing..prepare to spend half a day and watch those who came in half an hour after you go in before you. There is no order, when you finally get in you will see an arrogant nurse practitioner. I guess you can spread yourself too thinly. That place is a fiasco. Sorry Mike

December 10th, 2009
Excellent
Great personality. Very through. Staff was very friendly.