Dr. Michael Measom MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Sandy, UT

3.3

June 21st, 2016
Excellent experience and life changing care
I would highly suggest Dr. Measom. Of 5 psychiatrists I have worked with over 17 years he is the one who changed my life. He reduced my medications while managing my bipolar and diagnosing restless leg. I hated to move away from the Salt Lake area because he would no longer be my psychiatrist.

June 26th, 2015
arrogant

April 5th, 2015
I'm back in Utah and need the supportive understanding and diagnosis Dr. Measom provides.

October 13th, 2011
I see Dr Measom at A&D Psychotherapy. The building looks absolutely horrible and the foyer needs a major makeover. I mentioned this to the Dr and he let me know he does not own the building or it would look better. Regardless of the appearance of the building he works in, Dr Measom is excellent at what he does! He is always attentive and kind. He can even be humorous when it is appropriate. When I have a question or concern in between appointments, his recepionist is quick to respond. He is well qualified and I highly recommend him.

September 26th, 2010
I attended the AD Psychotherapy clinic and saw Dr. Measom. During my initial appointment:I knocked on two doors at the Ad Psychotherapy clinic and received no response;I entered through the door and found an elderly counselor doing psychotherapy. I communicated that I was there to see Dr. Measom and if I was in the right place. The counselor told me to try the West door again. I tried the West door and received no response. I came back to the elderly gentleman and he adviced me to wait until someone showed up. After coming back to my car, I spoke to a patient of Dr. Measom, who was waiting in the parking lot in her car. The fellow patient said Dr. Measom was 30 minutes to her appointment and she couldnt wait anymore and soon left;Ten minutes later, a second car came, again I asked if I was in the right place and if I needed to just keep waiting in my car. This was another patient of Dr. Measom and he said he would just wait until someone showed up to the clinic;I waited until Dr. Measom showed up;Dr. Measom was 1 hour late to my appointment and took the patient before me. In the meantime he handed me a questionnaire to fill out, underneath the questionnaire was a manila file with the name penciled with my first name as my first and last name. It is important to note that prior to my appointment, I talked to the secretary twice on the phone, emailed her three ending my communication with my first and last name. Additionally, I mailed her the required three forms and insurance authorizations that also included my first and last name. Besides my name being grossly misspelled, the doctor had me fill the same papers I sent the office staff; During my appointment with Dr. Measom, I felt he diagnosed me correctly but did not listen to the questions I asked regarding the medicine prescribed and my concerns about the medication. After the appointment, I went to the North door and walked in again and knocked on what I perceived to be the office. No one answered. AGAIN, I bothered the elder counselor who was in therapy to help me because I needed to pay my co-payment. He also looked in the office and said the secretary was not in. Needless to say, I was two hours late to my job and left very disappointed about my experience at AD Psychotherapy. Then, I received a bill stating that I not only owed my copayment but a $10 charge for not paying it at the time of my visit. My question is WHY AM I BEING CHARGED $10 WHEN NO ONE WAS AVAILABLE TO TAKE MY PAYMENT, WHEN CAME FOR MY APPOINTMENT? It goes without saying that I will choose not be a client of such an unprofessional and unresponsive organization. The same day, I wrote the secretary an email canceling my next appointment with Dr. Measom. In my email, I specified that I would like the secretary to write me back verifying she received my email and canceled my appointment. The secretary wrote me an email verifying she had canceled my appointment. Two months later, I received a bill for my erroneous "missed appointment". I wrote the secretary another email forwarding our previous emails canceling my appointment. Since my poor experience at Ad Psychotherapy I have contently been a client of another psychiatrist and clinic. In addition, it could be noted that I am a psychologist and constantly refer clients to psychiatrists for psychotropic treatment and no matter how good Dr. Measom is at correctly diagnosing patients, I will not refer my clients to him or the Ad Psychotherapy clinic due to the unprofessionalism I experienced.