Dr. Michael Mellman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Mellman?

Best Endo doctor in the business!

Posted on August 7th, 2017

Dr. Mellman is a wonderful physician, he always has time to listen. I know that I can ask or tell him anything. He is always positive even when I feel that I could have been a better patient. His appointments run on time 99% of the time & usually its the patient running late that may delay an appointment. I have to drive 25 minutes to see him & he is worth the drive.

Mrs Irene Fitlin

Posted on July 16th, 2017

I find Dr. Mellman to be an Excellent Doctor. He truly is concerned with the welfare of his patients.

Graves disease

Posted on January 29th, 2017

Dr Mellman has been a. Big h.elp with my Graves Disease and thyroid eye disease.

Posted on August 23rd, 2016

Dr. Mellman was dismissive in treating my father's diabetes. He was curt and only adjusted his insulin levels after his second admittance to the hospital in one month. He finally adjusted his insulin after the whole family made an appearance in his office. He had my father write down pages and pages of blood sugar levels to mail into the office. I am convinced no one ever looked at them. Despite this, my dad saw Dr. Mellman as scheduled and diligently continued to write down insulin levels three times a day and mail them in. He was admitted the hospital earlier this month with blood sugar of over 700. He was discharged without my family ever laying eyes on Dr. Mellman and died 6 days later. He had more than diabetes in the end the blame lies with many but I hope that in the future, Dr. Mellman recognizes that all patients are people with lives and families and deserve the respect and treatment the Hypocratic Oath is designed to provide.

Mr

Posted on April 1st, 2016

Wrong cancer diagnosis

Posted on January 7th, 2016

I had a nodule on my thyroid and had it biopsied by Dr. Mellman. The nurse called me to tell me I had thyroid cancer and had to have surgery to completely remove it. I went for second opinion to UM Sylvester Cancer center and had their head pathologist look at my biopsy results. He determined that the cells were not cancerous after all. Dr. Mellman showed zero care, never bothered to call me himself or give me any suggestions as to what my other options were. Had I listened to him I would have to live my life with a large scar o my neck and without such an important organ such as thyroid.

Dr. Michael Mellman has been my endocrinologist for many years

Posted on October 27th, 2015

Dr. Michael Mellman has been my endocrinologist for many years and although he is busy...when it's you're turn he takes time and has pa personal interest in your health.

Been a patient for several years.

Posted on January 8th, 2014

Dr. Mellman has always listened to my needs. He never makes me feel rushed or that i am an intrusion in his busy day. He has late office hours on Thursdays to accomodate those of us who have to work and can not take the time off. it does not matter to him if you have insurance, he is there for the purpose of his patients. i think the world of him and have referred other patients to him and will continue to do so.

I'm so glad I changed doctors

Posted on January 7th, 2014

I went to him several years ago and just came across this site. So I wanted to add my two cents. After going to a competent doctor now, the new doc asked me if Dr. Mellman was practicing medicine in the 18th century. I am so glad I got out of the practice before he did any more damage to me. If you had no stars, that is what I would have checked. I am sure he is involved in many law suits.

Former Patient

Posted on May 5th, 2013

I think the worst doctor I have ever had the displeasure of not being treated by. Spends less than 2 minutes with you, asks no questions, lab results are wrong, does not call when results are alarming (even if they are wrong), staff is rude, calls in wrong prescriptions, will not give you your results. My primary had to threaten to report him to get the results, and then was so alarmed by them immediately redid the tests, which produced correct and completely different results. This guy is not a doctor, he is a money machine, and incompetent. His staff is even more incompetent, if that is possible. Stay away from this guy if you are being treated for anything. I have filed a formal complaint with the State.

Would not believe this was possible if it did not happen to me

Posted on April 1st, 2013

I have seen few bad doctors in my time, but Mellman cannot be even categorized in the same group. There is no resemblance here to any medicine, not the staff, not the setting, not the jack in the box himself. 5 minutes total was called a first visit, not asking any questions, not asking or listening to history, not offering any tests or options. The conclusion sentence verbatim: “ if your referring physician told you I can help you, they misinformed you” . That is coming from the mouse of so-called endocrinologist in relation to endocrine disorder. WOW. There are some individuals that should not be called doctors and who do not have the knowledge, the background or the morals to serve in this profession, but this person should be kept away from seeing patients by law order.

Impatient and incompetent

Posted on February 20th, 2013

I was a diabetic patient for 13 years. When the blood sugar went bad so did he. Put on insulin shots which created highs and very lows, passing out. When asked for a formula for the amount of insulin to take he did not provide it or any meaningful guidance. When asked about a diabetic pump he po-pooed it for type 2 diabetics. After a year plus of this I insisted on the pump. Only at that time did he order a blood test to see what my was insulin output. The results showed my pancreas no longer worked! After my own research I got a Medtronics Mini pump. The Metronics people taught me more in 2 weeks, including the formulas built into the pump and have worked with me in managing my blood sugar. Also, got a new doctor who is competent and whose practice is engaged in your treatment. Stay away from Dr. Mellman!