General Surgery
901 W. Main Street
MAB Suite 107
Freehold, NJ 07728
(732) 303-3837
Locations and availability (2)

• Currently 3.9178082191781 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.9178082191781 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.7945205479452 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by John L. Fosa on May 10th, 2014

I had an extremely large ventral hernia that other doctors would not take care of. Dr. Menack performed the operation and I was extremely pleased with the results. I would recommend him to all who have minor or major hernia related procedures to undergo.

|  Robotic gall bladder removal  |  show details
by Kelly on Apr 25th, 2014

I was very demanding on when I wanted my surgery done and the office staff especially Lori were overly accommodating on fulfilling all my needs so the surgery could be done. I have one incision in my belly button and was feeling great with 3-4 days. I am now 10 days post op and feel awesome.

|  Wish every doctor could be like Dr. Menack  |  show details
by Rebecca Jason on Mar 20th, 2014

I am normally a big nervous mess before I have anything done at the hospital. Not this time. Doctor Menack made me so comfortable with the whole procedure. He step by step explained things in a way I totally understood. He made me very comfortable with the procedure I was about to have. His dedication to his patients shows through in his words and actions. He comes to check on you with real concern, not just because he has to. His staff is amazing sweet and supportive. I wish every doctors office had a team like this. I had no wait in my office visits, which is amazing for a doctor that can give you such great time and attention. I have already recommended him to a friend who needs a similar surgery. Hopefully I won't need anymore surgeries for anything else, but if I do I know right where I'm going. Thank you Dr. Menack for improving my quality of life!

|  Total Professional  |  show details
by TM on Mar 18th, 2014

Dr Menack was the total professional. I wish him continued success in the future. Thank you Doctor Menack. TM.

|  Excellent care  |  show details
by Nicholas Kipriotis on Mar 16th, 2014

Dr. Menack, and his staff were outstanding. Laurie was extremely helpful! They all were attentive and friendly. I would definitely recommend them to my family and friends.

by Rob R on Nov 3rd, 2013

Dr Menack and his staff made every step leading up to and including my surgery very easy. I was very impressed by his promptness at office visits.

|  Total package  |  show details
by Thomas Meyer on Oct 4th, 2013

Total package: Brains and Personality, Simply put, if Mike was the captian of a ship destined to sink, I would be proud to go down with him because I know he gave it his all. Good luck Mike and Thankyou.

|  exceptional  |  show details
by david w wolfe on Sep 4th, 2013

Professional-patient oriented--pleasant staff-

|  Dr. Menack is just what you want in a doctor.  |  show details
by Sue K on Jan 21st, 2013

He is up to date on the newest technology, experienced, and confident. We all look for the best surgeon first and hope we luck out and that he is also a caring and compassionate person. With Dr. Menack you get the full deal. Expert in his field and with the latest way of doing things translates into a much faster and pain free recovery. But the icing on the cake is his sincere devotion to his patients. He went out of his way to answer all my questions and tell me exactly what was up in a caring and thoughtful manner. Despite a full day of surgery before him he scheduled a port implant for me with little notice because I did not want to miss any chemo sessions. I recommended a friend for a hernia operation he needed and he was equally impressed. The staff is great, especially Lori who is indispensable in coordinating all the surgeries and putting it all together. Look no further for a surgeon. Dr. Menack is the one you want.

|  Dr. Menack Thank You & Your Wonderful Staff  |  show details
Nov 26th, 2012

In searching for an experienced surgeon i researched, and found the very best Surgeon Dr.Michael J Menack , he was experienced, knowledgable,and his background impressive, but more importantly he was concerned for me, and my health situation, which involved an infection, and abcess of the breast. Dr. Menack worked quickly, and his staff advised me so i was informedin every procedure leading up to the day of surgery, allowing me to feel comfortable in the pre admission process, and as a patient at Centerstate . Dr. Menack is the go to Surgeon here in NJ you will find his staff and Dr. Menack to be the perfect team when the need should arise. Thank you Dr. Menack for your honesty professionalism and wonderful staff especially Jennifer and Lori.Loretta

Oct 5th, 2012

For a first time patient my experience was excellent. I was able to make an appointment within two days of my issue, surgery was schedule at my convenience and the follow up was superb. I would highly recommend Dr. Menack and his office to a friend or family member.

|  Piece of cake  |  show details
May 21st, 2012

I used Dr. Menack quite frankly based on the positive feedback on these sites. He removed a large Lipoma that was touching a nerve on my cervical spine. The office people were amazing. I felt his initial exam was very thorough and gave me a lot of confidence in using him. The medical facility was also great...the anesthesiologist were very professional as were the entire staff. The surgery went like clockwork. My surgery was a complete success and I am extremely happy with the results. I would definitely use Dr. Menack again and recommend him to my friends and family.

|  Dr.Menack Confident and Professional  |  show details
May 7th, 2012

I was recommend to Dr.Menack from my primary Doctor I am not very good with opeerations even though my surgery was considered minor to me it was on my mind 24hrs a day Dr Menack and his staff put my mind at ease and gave me one of the worst experience of my life a little easier to handle .i never waitited more than 5mins in waiting room From the minute I was admitted The hospital and Dr.Menack were by my side and let me know what was going on step by stepThank you Dr.Menack and girls at the office for always having smiles on your faces and your professionalism

Apr 18th, 2012

Dr. Menack did Laproscopic Surgery to remove my gall bladder. I found Dr. Menack to be highly competent in his diagnostic skills as well as being a highly skilled surgeon. I had no complications such as an infection or ozing from any of the puncture sites from my surgery. Dr. Menack explained the entire process in good detail and left my wife and I confident that we were making the correct decision to have the surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Menack to any of my family members and friends. Sincerely,Dr. Vincent Tecchio

Feb 29th, 2012

Dr. Menack prepared me well as to what to expect during and after my hernia surgery. He fully explained the surgery and answered any questions I had.His manner had a very calming effect on me. The result of the surgery was excellent. If I need surgery in the future I would use Dr. Menack.

|  Dr. Menaick  |  show details
Dec 12th, 2011

I Highly reccommned Dr. Menack for lapiscopic surgery. He has a positive attitude and gives you a feeling of hope that everyting is going to be okay. In the end everything was okay far behond my expectations. I would go to Dr. Menack if I every had any more trouble surgery related. The best compliment I can pay him is that I will tell all my friendss about him. Great Job!

|  Hernia Surgery  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2011

Surgery went very well. I had the least amount of pain. Recovery went well. I was better in three days.

Nov 30th, 2011

His bedside manner was wonderful

Nov 7th, 2011

I developed a hernia and asked my primary physician for a recommendation and he pointed me to Dr Menack and I'm very happy that he did. I was able to get a quick appointment and Dr Menack explained the procedure to me and since I'm an insulin-dependent diabetic he made sure that I got a very early (7 am) surgery time so I wouldn't have problems with blood sugar levels. The surgery went smooth and while I was pretty sore for about 2 days it was not that sore that I needed any pain medications and was less pain than I expected. It's been barely 6 weeks since my procedure and the healing has progressed very well and I'm back to my previous exercise routines(except for heavy lifting).I would highly recommend Dr. Menack and his caring staff.

|  As it should be  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2011

This is the guy, he's young and current,superior skillset, fixes others failures.This is what I searched him out for, and he delivered. D.S.

|  Great Experience  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2011

This was my first time having a surgery (appendix being taken out) and Dr. Menack made me feel very comfortable and explained everything that was going to happen. He came back and checked on me a few hours after my surgery as well To let me know everything I was experiencing was normal. There are barley any marks from the surgery and Im sure there will be no scaring. Overall Im very pleased with everything.

Oct 17th, 2011

So caring toward the patient .happy about my Hernia operationno problem ,back on track no time .

|  Highly Recommend  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2011

Dr. Menack removed my gallbladder (laproscopic cholecystectomy).My experience with Dr. Menack and his staff was great. I received an appointment quickly and my surgery date was quick, too. Dr. Menack took time to explain my diagnosis, the procedure, expectations and exceptions. His staff was helpful and caring. I would recommend Dr. Menack to anyone in need of a great surgeon.Thank you!

Sep 26th, 2011

kind, compassionate. great bedside manner.very skilled- i am so happy with the outcome of my surgery. office staff was wonderful.

|  Ralph Z  |  show details
Sep 9th, 2011

Happy with the results of my hernia surgery. Everyone was great to me. I would definitely refer Dr. Menack to others. Thank You Dr. Menack

Jul 27th, 2011

Dr. Menack removed my gall bladder. Both he and ofice staff did a great job of getting my surgery scheduled quickly. The surgery & recovery went fine. No problems.

|  Connie C.  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2011

Very happy with results of surgery. Great Dr. and loved his staff. The girls were great also! Would refer him to a friend. Thank you Dr. Menack

|  Ella M  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2011

I dont know too many Doctors that would care that much about their patients. Thank you I have been treated like and individual and Dr. Menack has listened to me and explained to me the process I was having done. I just wanted to express my sincere appreciation for all that you have done for me. Dr. Menack, I know this is your job but the dignity and kindness you have shown towards me cannot be measured.

May 24th, 2011

After having seen several different Doctors, as well as a visit to the emergency room, and having had a cat scan and an ultra sound no one discovered the problem. I was referred to Dr. Menack by another Doctor of mine, got an immediate appointment and was found to have had appendicitis. I was directly admitted to the hospital. The Doctor fully explained everything to me. I had the surgery the next day, everything went well and I am now home. I had my follow up visit yesterday (5-23-11) and was only delayed due to an emergency that had occurred there in the office with another patient. Without Dr. Menack I would still be suffering and I believe the problem would have gotten worse. Dr. Menack is an excellent Doctor who truly cares about an individual's concerns. I would highly recommend him to anyone. He and his staff deserve the highest rating possible.

|  appendix  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2011

Dr. Menack was called in by the ER staff and I did not know him prior to my problem. He described exactly what he was going to do and what my post-op experience would be like. Everything went as planned and I could not have been happier. There was no wait time for my follow up visit ten days later, outside of the time it took me to fill out the paperwork for first time patients. Thanks, Doctor.

|  Removing a small lump on the outside of the neck, below the jaw.  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2011

I noticed a small lump on my neck and over a period of time, it seemed to get larger. My family doctor sent me for ultrasound testing to determine the nature of the lump. The ultrasound could not identify the nature of the lump. My family doctor suggested I go to a surgeon to have it removed. Dr Menack was recommended. I had no problem getting an appointment. There was minimal waiting time in the office and Dr Menack was very professional in evaluation of the lump. He provided a few options to addressing the problem and left it up to me to decide which option I wanted to exercise. He immediately performed the pre-operation testing and within a day or so schedule an operation date. The operation went off as schedule without any problems. The lump turned out to be suture material from a previous cosmetic operation. Dr Menack was very professional thru out the process.

|  lap scopic hernia  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2011

Dear dr. Menack I must say i am very pleased with the professional and friendly encounter with you and your staff, rita, lori,maryann, my surgery went so well , i was up and running in a few days. little to no pain.and best of all ! the tiny little insitions , wow ,I highly recomend anyone i know to you .also centra state is so far above our staten island hospitals, in every way. thank you soooo much!MR. J RIGGIO

by Michael J. Nagy on Mar 11th, 2011

great doctor thank you for help and your wonderful staff ...

Feb 25th, 2011

Dr. Menack performed a double hernia on me 8 days ago and I can honestly say my pains are almost complettly gone. He uses the latest technologies in surgeries available. He took his time in listening to all my questions.I would highly recommend Dr. Menack to anyone seeking hernia surgery such as I had. The staff working for Dr.Menack deserves an increase in salary for going the extra mile and then some, for helping the patient (me) in all that they did in facilitating my surgery. This was same day surgery and I was home by 4:30PM. No regrets - a Great Dr.!!

Jan 23rd, 2011

Highly recommended. I was treated quickly with the latest technology. Dr. Menack is a true professional. Did A super job on myDouble Hernia...Bravo Zulu!!

|  Dr. Menack Review  |  show details
Jan 14th, 2011

Dr. Menack performed a Lipoma Extraction on my arm. I experienced no pain or discomfort. He explained everything to the fullest. I would strongly recomend his services.

Jan 5th, 2011

performed emergency gallbladder removal. He did a good job because I was released from hospital next day and back to myself the next day-minimal pain.

|  Very Happy  |  show details
by Joe Mairo on Jan 3rd, 2011

Dr. Menack and his staff did a great job during my hernia surgery.

Dec 30th, 2010

He was very supportive and put me at ease during my procedure. I would use him again if needed.

Oct 22nd, 2010

Excellent bedside manner and excellent surgeon. Very professional.

|  He didn't want to help me  |  show details
by EB, Freehold, NJ on Oct 5th, 2010

I went to see him because the hospital recommended him. I had severe stomach pain from my gall bladder, but I also have problem with my heart and breathing. He said my gall bladder wasn't that bad and i could die if I had surgery, so I would just have to live with it!

Doctor's Response

I was curious about this comment because I did not recall a patient with this scenario, I looked at our files and our office does not have a patient with these initials with a gallbladder problem in our system. I believe this is a fraudulent submission or just an error by this person.

Sep 26th, 2010

DR, MENACK IS AN EXPERT IN HIS FIELD OF SURGERY. HE IS CARING AND THOROUGH AND CONCERNED FOR HIS PATIENT'S WELL BEING AND COMFORT.THE OFFICE STAFF IS SUPER AND MAKES YOUR VISIT VERY PLEASANT. FROM LORI TO SUSAN TO ERIKA TO RITA, THEIR MAIN CONCERN IS TO MAKE YOU COMFORTABLE WHILE AT THEIR OFFICE.

|  High Reccomendation  |  show details
by Christine Nemeth on Aug 14th, 2010

Dr. Menack and his entire office staff were the friendliest most accomodating doctor's office I have been in. They made sure that my surgery was as soon as possible, and explained everything very thoroughly. I would recommend this doctor and this office to anyone any day. I am very pleased with everything about them.

|  Removing a wen from top of head  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2010

I recently had a minor procedure done in the office. Everyone in the office was great. They were caring,professional and made me feel very confortable about having this procedure done.

by Edward Luppens on Jun 15th, 2010

Dr. Menack performed a double hernia operation on me and my recovery time was only 2 weeks. I have known others who had the same procedure who took more than twice as long to recover.The staff is friendly and efficient. I have not waited longer than 10 minutes before seeing the Doctor. I have been to many Doctors offices where an appointment is just a guess as to when you may actually be seen by the Doctor, sometimes the wait is over an hour. That does not happen at Dr. Menack's office.

by vc on May 18th, 2010

Definitely recommend Dr. Menack. I grade him an A on everything- diagnosis, surgery skill, bedside manner, follow up, office staff, office quality and location, and hospital, Centrastate, where he operates out of.

Apr 13th, 2010

Dr. Menack was recommended by my primary care physician for hernia repair. I was thoroughly pleased with the result. Office staff was courteous and easy to deal with, surgical options were explained, surgery itself proceeded with no surprises, I began (light) workouts in just a few days after the operation.

by william costello on Apr 9th, 2010

I had no pain after my surgery. Before, during, and after I recieved excellent care for my recovery.

|  overall wonderful doctor and staff  |  show details
by A.B. on Sep 14th, 2009

this doctor and his staff are unbelievable. they are courteous, friendly, caring, and go above and beyond what an average doctor's office would normally do. I would and will recommend Dr. Menack to anyone. He is a great doctor.