inactive

Michael P Merck MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 21st, 2015
After prompting the bedside manner and time spent with patient had well improved, but had to complain to get it to that level. Before asking he acted like you were just another number. I was that 1% of patients that had a difficult cataract surgery and was treated like big deal.

November 30th, 2014
I would have given about a 1/4 th of a star but it would not let me. Two years ago my husband had cataract surgery with Dr Merck. As we left the office I could tell something was wrong but they pushed us out of the office anyway. I called back to the office around 4pm as his intense eye pain was unbearable. They examined him and said all was fine. The following day as he was unable to see with that eye he went to see a Ophthalmologist in St Cloud who informed him that his lens capsule had been ruptured during the lens placement the day before and he would require an additional surgery if he ever wanted to see out that eye again. No one from Dr Merck's office ever told me there had been a complication during the surgery. Upon conversations with several other patients whom have had similar results. I question his Medical Ethics. Two years later he has limited vision in that eye, but not the result that should have been achieved had surgery been performed as expected.