A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Merhige:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Merhige is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Merhige, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Merhige graduated from University of Kentucky , Lexington. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Merhige has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Catholic Health System/Kenmore Mercy Hospital
- Catholic Health System - Mercy Hospital of Buffalo
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Merhige accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HealthNow New York - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 2 plans
- Independent Health - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael E. Merhige practice?
Dr. Michael Merhige practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology near Niagara Falls, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Tonawanda, NY and Buffalo, NY.
See Niagara Falls Internists and Niagara Falls Cardiologists.