Dr. Michael Mollod MD Patient Reviews

4.7

• Good
  • Bad

November 27th, 2015
Let me start this by stating I am a 4th year medical student and I am writing this review for my Grandfather who was recently under the care of Dr. Mollod. This entire ordeal started when my grandfather showed up for an appointment in the office and saw Dr. Mollad's PA Matt. Matt diagnosed him as having an acute coronary syndrome(heart attack) and admitted him to the hospital. It was Matt's belief that my Grandfather was "infarcting in my office". This was very scary because my grandfather is 89 and had a former bypass in 1995. But fine the standard of care is to control medically and then do a catherization ASAP for possible intervention. My grandfather had the great misfortune of being admitted on a Friday instead of a Monday. First I will speak about Matt the PA. He showed up once on Saturday and then on Sunday and spent at most 5 minutes in my grandfather's room at a time and not once performing physical exam. There was no hospitalist that was consulted so my grandfather's care consisted of a spot check in by a PA twice before his scheduled catherization on Monday (once again my grandfather had the misfortune of having a heart attack on a Friday). On Sunday my grandfather's cough(from his heart failure) had gotten so bad that he could barely put 2 words together. We asked for some cough medicine from Matt and he just consulted pulmonology and did nothing to make my grandfather comfortable. But honestly the worst thing that Matt did, came on Sunday afternoon. I stepped outside to talk to him about my grandfather's prognosis and Matt stated "Well lets face it he's got a bunch of different reasons for his current state of heart failure and honestly he is probably on his way to hospice care because they won't be able to do anything in the cath lab on monday" I was appalled at his care and this statement to a family member. Finally, my take on Dr. Mollod. He did not stop into see my grandfather from his admission on Friday afternoon and did not come in to check on him until Monday morning when he got a call because his heart failure had worsened to the point that he had no option but to take him to the cath lab immediately. Dr. Mollod walked in casually and barely addressed anyone else in the room. Luckily the interventionist ( not Dr. Mollod) was able to stent the blocked arteries and my grandfather’s heart failure and suffering began to dissipate. But here is the problem, the suffering my grandfather went through on Saturday and Sunday were preventable. Let me also state that I understand using a PA as a physician is a common practice but to not lay eyes on your patient that has been admitted under your care until until 3 days later when he is drowning in his own pulmonary edema? That does not seem like compassionate care to me. I would never in a million years recommend someone to go to a cardiologist who treats his patients like this. I have followed a cardiologist as a medical student and this is not the standard of care. If a 55 year old man had an episode like my grandfather he would of been in the cath lab that night, but no my grandfather is 89 and his heart decided to have this event on a friday night. If things would have been different and this happened on Sunday night I'm sure he would have been in the cath lab the following day. But hey you need your cardiologist to have his full weekend right? As a trained cardiologist he can't be interrupted to see his established patient who is having a life threatening cardiac event because he needs his own time… Please do yourself a favor and look for a cardiologist who will advocate for either you or your family member. They do exist.

August 24th, 2012
excellent
brillant cardiologist. I come out of NYC so I tell you this doctor has his priorities well defined.

September 23rd, 2011
Care Concern
Proactive. Excellent care. Has a serious approach to those of us who suffer somewhat rare heart disease and has kept me alive - considering my condition - stents - open heart surgeries etc. - for more than 10 + years.

July 6th, 2017