Dr. Michael Morgan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

June 21st, 2016
Doctor is great- office staff were disrespectful
I credit Doctor Morgan with saving my life. He was extremely thorough in reviewing my history, medications, previous treatments, and helping me make the best decision for the next steps in my treatment. He helped me understand the treatment he recommended and why I needed to do it, and expressed that his goal was to get me completely better. I can say that for the first time in a year I am actually well and without symptoms of the infection that almost claimed my life several times. Unfortunately, some staff at this particular office were extremely rude and unwelcoming to my service dog. On our second visit my young service dog was stepped on, stood up getting caught on the chairs he was politely tucked under knocking one over and reacted in fear. He was so frightened he expressed his glands and barked, and I quickly removed him from the office like a good service dog handler does. I have handled a service dog for 8 years and have never had a problem until then. Instead of being understanding his office staff were extremely rude and on future trips have made comments that make me so uncomfortable I would not even consider bringing in my 9 year old service dog who is unfazed by anything to this office. The incident with my younger dog was extremely embarrassing and the comments made by staff made it even worse. While I understand that the general public is not educated on service dogs, I do expect doctors offices to have some general knowledge. The nasty comments made about my service dog, especially those revolving around how a service dog is supposed to be able to be petted and handled by other people, are frankly wrong. When my dog is working he is not to be touched, talked to, or distracted in any way, which applies to all service dogs. We tried to visit the office again several weeks later with a second handler to help, however he became overwhelmed and barked once, so we removed him from the office. Once outside the building he had no problems and was able to return to normal. The experience at this office has caused me to have to send my dog back through training as he is now unable to tolerate being in doctors offices after this experience, which leaves me unable to visit doctors offices independently or having to take my old service dog who was previously retired. The comments that he "doesn't like men" "not a good dog for a service dog" or that he "was aggressive" are all false. This is a dog that had visited all doctors offices without issues prior to this incident, however two very specific members of this office staff seem determined to greatly exaggerate the incident. In accordance with the ADA I could bring my service dog back to this office, however I myself could not bear to hear the comments made by staff even if my dog could tolerate the environment. If you are part of a service dog team I strongly discourage you from visiting this office unless your service dog is a cute, overly friendly lab who will let anyone pet him at any time, even if they are working.