Critical Care Specialist, Pulmonologist (lungs)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Don't bother trying to get an appointment  |  show details
by Anonymous on Oct 28th, 2014

Called in September, they took my number and said it would be an October appointment and they would call me to schedule. Called in October, they said it would be a November appointment and they would call me to schedule. Called end of October and they said DECEMBER. Office staff was rude and inconsiderate and it is ridiculous to not have a schedule up a month ahead of time. I will be seeking care from another professional.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
by Susan on Jan 1st, 2014

Accurately diagnosed my illness. Very nice over all. Listened to my concerns.Answered all my questions. Dr in the office very nice and helpful. All in one place testing for pulmonary function tests. followup appointment schedules were easily planned. I would recommend him.

|  Awesome Doctor  |  show details
by Rebecca M on Dec 20th, 2013

I have used Dr. Motta and his staff for over 4 years. His respiratory therapist, Kim is absolutely a sweet heart. She goes over and beyond to get her job done and see you are well taken care of. Dr.Motta himself is also very caring and compassionate. He is a busy man for sure, but he takes the time to talk with you. I have severe asthma that is hard to treat. Even though my asthma is hard to treat and resistant to many medications, he has never given up trying and has think outside the box. I credit him for saving my life and keeping me going. I have had doctors that simply gave up or showed no concern. For those of you that have hard to treat asthma, I would say he would be the one to go to. I have read the comments. Just a note to the people who apparently do not get why our system works. in order to have a good doctor patient relationship you have to take your condition seriously. You have to go do your follow ups and make your appointments on a regular basis. Asthma, COPD, Lung Disease ect is not a selective disease, you can't ignore and then cry uncle and try to make your hurry their issue. It is constantly having to be treated on a daily basis. This doctor is knowledgeable and is wonderful.

|  No Respect: Patiets Beware!  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2013

I was a patient of Dr. Motta for several years. There were no issues in the beginning and the head nurse Kim was amazing. Issues started to arise however. I ended up in the ER very sick with bronchitis. I also have COPD. Dr. Motta was out of town or unavailable and one of his partners looked at me and told me to get to the ER. I went in that evening. To shorten the story a bit, she asked me a few questions about drug use and promiscuity, which I told her I dont use drugs and Im married. She then outright told me she thought I had HIV and wanted to test for it. I said yes, they could test for it. The next 2 weeks were hellish. I was scared out of my mind, worried, stressed, crying thinking what if I have HIV. I was thinking it was a possibility I could be dying of aids by what this doctor said. 2 weeks later I got the tests back and it was negative. Why a doctor would tell a patient this based upon nothing is beyond me. 2nd issue:, I called 1 Friday to get some medication I take daily for my breathing related to COPD. She said make sure I was there by 4:30 because thats when they leave, which I already knew. I arrived at Medical City at 3:55 and Dr. Motta's office was locked up. I called and got the answering service. The answering service called his office and could not get a hold of anyone. They also told me that she found it strange, because they were not suppose to leave early and if they did, they were suppose to contact the answering service and let them know they are leaving which no one did. If I do not take my medication for 1 day, I suffer greatly. My breathing declines dramatically. I suffered painfully through the weekend for I could not get my medication since some employee decided to leave work early and not tell anyone. That next Monday, I called the office to see if I could get my medication, Kim said come in and get it. There was a young boy at the counter and I was upset due to my suffering over the weekend. I explained to him what had happened and when I was done talking he started to laugh at me directly in my face. At this point I got upset. Then the woman who had left chimed in and started makin excuses and raising her voice to me as if to reprimand me. Which in return I raised my voice and an arguement developed. I got my medication and left very upset. I could not even believe how amazingly bad I was just treated. Even the accounting lady felt the need to come out and jump in the arguement. A few weeks later I get a certified letter saying Dr. Motta's office was terminating this Dr. - patient relationship. I was trully appalled. I actually ended up seeing Dr. Motta again due to sickness and mentioned the incident that happened with some of his office staff. He denied knowing anything about it or knowing about the letter that was sent to me, which is not very likely. I called recently to get a prescription filled of my non-narcotic medication that i need to simply breathe. I was passed around on the phone and ended up talking to the dreaded accounting lady. She informed me that our relationship was terminated. I asked why. She was hardcore rude and said, I think you know why, because of the multiple incidents. This was an outright lie. There are no multiple incidenets. Simply the one caused by 1-2 inept employees. I asked politely if they could refill this last medication until I am able to find a new doctor and she refused and said no. Despite all the facts, ask yourself this one question. What kind of organization or human being denies a disabled person medication that they must have to breathe properly? I was not a problem patient whatsoever, even though thats what they were implying. I even bought the head nurse a nice gift from bath and bodyworks for no reason other than she was extremely nice and did a great job, just to show my appreciation for her and her work. Conclusion: There is only 1 logical explanation for why this happened. No one would talk to me about this and I was immediatly blacklisted. One word-----> Nepatism. Its quite obvious that the young boy at the counter or the excuse making latina office lady who was full of excuses that day was related to Dr. Motta. That is the only logical explanation. With the exception of Kim (head nurse) these people do not care about others nor do they respect others. I will close with this: I have never in my life been treated with so little respect and so badly by any individual, organization or business to date.

|  New patient w/asthma and respiratory problems  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2012

This doctor accurately diagnosed my problems, prescribed the right (effective medications) and ensured that I scheduled a follow-up. (Two other doctors had failed at diagnoses.) I recommend this doctor!

|  Retired Respiratory Therapist  |  show details
by Robert H. Allen on Feb 25th, 2010

I worked with Dr. Motta for quite a long time. I would not hesitate to reccomend him to anybody with pulmonary problems.