A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Wood:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Wood, Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery,Critical Care Surgeon, Thoracic Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Wood, MD is board certified in Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Diseases
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Beating Heart)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Critical Care
- Heart Failure
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Lung Cancer
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Percutaneous Arterial Septic Defect (ASD) Closure
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Thoracic/Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Ventricular Septal Defects
Education & Awards
Dr. Wood graduated from All-India Institute Of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Wood has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Southside Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Neall Wood MD is a male Surgeon and practices in Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Michael N. Wood practice?
- Dr. Michael Wood has 2 office locations.
Dr. Michael Wood practices Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Chester, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Petersburg, VA.
See Chester Surgeons and Chester Cardiothoracic Surgeons.