A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Wood:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Wood, Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery,Critical Care Surgeon, Thoracic Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Wood, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 29 areas:
- ASD PFO
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Diseases
- Aortic Surgery
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Carotid Surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Beating Heart)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Critical Care
- Device Interrogation
- Esophageal Surgery
- Heart Failure
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Lung Cancer
- Pacemaker Implantation
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Wood graduated from Loma Linda University. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Wood has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Southside Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Neall Wood MD is a male Surgeon, has 28 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Michael N. Wood practice?
- Dr. Michael Wood has 2 office locations.
Dr. Michael Wood practices Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Petersburg, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Chester, VA.
See Petersburg Surgeons.