Dr. Michael Nejat Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Nejat?

September 2nd, 2017

Excellent experience

I recently took my mom to Dr. Nejat for a consultation after another doctor said she needed cataract surgery. The other doctor told her she needed to have it done with a laser and special lens that would cost $5000 per eye. Obviously I wanted what was best for my mom and her health but she was concerned by the expense. The other doctor scared her and said she would go blind without the surgery the way he suggested. Dr. Nejat examined my mother and agreed she needed cataract surgery and gave her two choices. He offered the special lens and also surgery with a standard lens. The standard lens was covered by her insurance but she would have to wear glasses after the surgery. I feel he presented both options clearly and explained everything and gave us the choice to make. We ultimately decided she should have surgery with Dr. Nejat because of this and also because of his bedside manner which made both me and my mom much more comfortable with the surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Nejat.

August 23rd, 2017

I am writing this review to tell you how happy I am with the care I received from Dr. Nejat. I went to see him for a lasik consultation. His office is very modern, clean and appears to have the most state of the art equipment. His staff was helpful and pleasant. He gave me a thorough exam and reviewed my options with me. He also told me about PRK, a similar procedure which I did not know about prior to my visit with him. I felt very confident after having him explain the options and decided to proceed with the PRK. I was nervous prior to the procedure and had seen other doctors for consultations but Dr. Nejat made me feel the most comfortable. Because I am a nervous patient, bedside manner is very important to me and I felt Dr. Nejat made me feel very comfortable and took the time to answer all my questions (and I asked a lot of questions). He explained everything thoroughly and in words that made sense to me. I had the PRK 2 weeks ago and the procedure went smoothly and on my last visit I was 20-15 on both eyes. It was a success and a pleasant experience. I would recommend Dr. Nejat. He is honest and kind and calming before procedures.

August 19th, 2017

EXCELLENT DOCTOR

I had an emergency and had heard of Dr Nejat. I called his office and received an appointment for the same day. He was professional and extremely patient with me. Excellent bed side manners and very nice. I now have an ophthalmologist on Staten Island. Thank You Dr Nejat !!!!

July 20th, 2017

Horrible

Rude, doesn't care from for his patients, definetly has a God complex.

January 3rd, 2017

Caring doctor and friendly staff!

I have been a patient for years and recommend him to many friends and family. I have always had a pleasant experience. My visits are routine check ups but I appreciate how thorough he is with the check up and the time he spends with me going over results! Everyone in the office is friendly and helpful!

August 17th, 2015

Wish it were me

I like Dr. Nejat, but he says there is nothing wrong with my eye that has pain in it all the time. Feels like someone poked me in it and won't go away for months but he doesn't see anything wrong with it. How could that be? I have pain in my eye and feels inflamed all the time and is affecting my vision. I feel that he is a good doctor and will continue to see him. I hope I become as happy and lucky as you guys did with his treatments. I hope he finds what's wrong with my eye and he can fix it. You guys are really lucky. Stay with Dr. Nejat. I'm gonna keep praying he finds an answer to my pain and can fix it.

August 8th, 2015

I had surgery in right eye and it has gone very well. I will have second surgery on left eye in two weeks. Trusted Dr Nejat and have had better sight already,

April 8th, 2015

They don't make doctors like this anymore

I have been a patient of Dr Nejat for 3 months. When I called his office this week with a question, I was told he was on vacation. I was surprised to get a personal call from him 2 minutes later. It's nice to know that he cares so much about his patients.

March 26th, 2015

I had the lazik surgery through Dr. Nejat. I was able to see clearly immediately after surgery.

March 15th, 2015

I was recommended to Dr. Nejat from several coworkers and friends, and finally went a few weeks ago. I must say I am beyond impressed and very happy I took the chance in seeing him. I have been from office to office seeking answers on why my vision keeps fluctuating. He is extremely knowledgeable, professional and answers every question I came in with. You actually feel like he cares and that's what made me feel so comfortable, because he does. This doctors saved my eyes, saved my life!

March 10th, 2015

My Hero

Dr Nejat had been recommended to me by my neighbor who had LASIK surgery by him last year. I was having trouble with my contact lenses and was thinking about having laser vision correction. I went to his New Office on Victory Boulevard and was impressed on how modern and gorgeous his office looked and how courteous and professional his staff was. I didn't wait very long and his technician took me into the exam room and took some information and put it into the computer. After a few minutes, Dr. Nejat came in and checked my vision, examined my eyes and did some tests. He asked me why I wanted to have laser surgery. I told him that I hate wearing my lenses and that I didn't what to be seen in public with my glasses. He then looked at me and asked "if I can prescribe you lenses that are more comfortable and don't hurt your eyes will that be enough to make you happy?" I wasn't sure why he was asking me this since I came to see him for surgery but I decided to go along with his question and said yes. He gave me a sample of lenses to try and told me to come back in a few days. Well, he was right. The lenses were amazing and I could see and was comfortable. I went back to him and reported the good news. He gave me a prescription for the lenses and then sat me down and said "I could have done your surgery and made you glasses free, but I felt that because of the shape of your eye it may have compromised the quality of your vision. For you contacts are the better option". Obviously, I was really grateful to have such an honest ethical doctor but here is the kicker. When I asked him how much I owed him for all of his time he smiled and said "Nothing, I'm just glad you didn't go to someone first else who may have just used you to a make an extra buck". You have a new patient for life!! <3

February 9th, 2015

not that good

Dr. Nejat is nice and everything, but who needs nice when you're in pain for months in your eye and he sees nothing and tells you come back in a month. Meanwhile, the pain is getting worse and I don't know where to go or what to do. I always thought that if you have a pain in your eyeballs you go to an eye doctor and he fixes it pretty quickly. I guess not. I've been going to him for months now...pain still there and worse. Don't know what else to say. It's mind blowing. Maybe I should go to a GYN to get my eye fixed if an eye doctor can't tell you what's wrong with your eye!