Dr. Michael Nejat, MD
Ophthalmologist (eyes)
Video profile

by Ivette on Mar 26th, 2015

I had the lazik surgery through Dr. Nejat. I was able to see clearly immediately after surgery.

by Melissa M. on Mar 15th, 2015

I was recommended to Dr. Nejat from several coworkers and friends, and finally went a few weeks ago. I must say I am beyond impressed and very happy I took the chance in seeing him. I have been from office to office seeking answers on why my vision keeps fluctuating. He is extremely knowledgeable, professional and answers every question I came in with. You actually feel like he cares and that's what made me feel so comfortable, because he does. This doctors saved my eyes, saved my life!

My Hero show details My Hero
by T. K. on Mar 10th, 2015

Dr Nejat had been recommended to me by my neighbor who had LASIK surgery by him last year. I was having trouble with my contact lenses and was thinking about having laser vision correction. I went to his New Office on Victory Boulevard and was impressed on how modern and gorgeous his office looked and how courteous and professional his staff was. I didn't wait very long and his technician took me into the exam room and took some information and put it into the computer. After a few minutes, Dr. Nejat came in and checked my vision, examined my eyes and did some tests. He asked me why I wanted to have laser surgery. I told him that I hate wearing my lenses and that I didn't what to be seen in public with my glasses. He then looked at me and asked "if I can prescribe you lenses that are more comfortable and don't hurt your eyes will that be enough to make you happy?" I wasn't sure why he was asking me this since I came to see him for surgery but I decided to go along with his question and said yes. He gave me a sample of lenses to try and told me to come back in a few days. Well, he was right. The lenses were amazing and I could see and was comfortable. I went back to him and reported the good news. He gave me a prescription for the lenses and then sat me down and said "I could have done your surgery and made you glasses free, but I felt that because of the shape of your eye it may have compromised the quality of your vision. For you contacts are the better option". Obviously, I was really grateful to have such an honest ethical doctor but here is the kicker. When I asked him how much I owed him for all of his time he smiled and said "Nothing, I'm just glad you didn't go to someone first else who may have just used you to a make an extra buck". You have a new patient for life!! <3

not that good show details not that good
Feb 9th, 2015

Dr. Nejat is nice and everything, but who needs nice when you're in pain for months in your eye and he sees nothing and tells you come back in a month. Meanwhile, the pain is getting worse and I don't know where to go or what to do. I always thought that if you have a pain in your eyeballs you go to an eye doctor and he fixes it pretty quickly. I guess not. I've been going to him for months now...pain still there and worse. Don't know what else to say. It's mind blowing. Maybe I should go to a GYN to get my eye fixed if an eye doctor can't tell you what's wrong with your eye!

Nov 23rd, 2014

Dr Nejat convinced me to do early cataract surgery with enticing false promises of better vision with Restor Multifocal IOLs. But he never disclosed all the information of the vision trade-off these IOLs can (and did) create. He disregarded my expressed concerns. His misleading, untruthful and biased information did not permit me to make an educated decision in my own best interest; I was not as good a candidate for these IOLs as he had said. My vision results were so unacceptable, these multifocal IOLs had to be removed. Then he failed to achieve even close to the discussed targeted vision requested on the first replacement. My vision quality has been permanently compromised because, as I now believe, his primary concern was to push the sale of these lenses for the profit of the out of pocket payment

Doctor's Response

I am aware of this patient very well and very saddened to see this review. Prior to her surgery she was very nearsighted and had a best corrected vision of 20/40 in each eye. She complained that she could not drive at night and trouble watching television. I diagnosed her with a cataract and discussed the available options for intra-ocular-lenses (IOLs). She stated that she wanted to be glasses free if possible. She wanted to see both far away and up close. I explained to her that the only lens available to correct these concerns was a multifocal lens. After an extensive review of the side effect of these lenses and giving her informed consent , she agreed to go forward with the surgery. Part of the informed consent includes signing a waiver explaining to the patient that initially after the lenses are implanted that patients will see halos at night. These symptoms usually disappear after a few months. The surgery went flawlessly and the patient's vision after surgery was 20/20 without correction at distance and near! At first the patient was very satisfied with her vision but after a few weeks she complained that she was not happy with the vision. I tried to explain to her that her uncorrected vision was 20/20 and prior to surgery her BEST CORRECTED vision was a blurry 20/40. Unfortunately, she failed to understand that she was seeing better. Regardless of what I said, she was convinced that her vision was worse and she could not see. Her husband even apologized to me for her and gave me four free VIP Nets tickets as an appreciation for my help. After 20 visits, she stopped coming to my office. What trouble me most about her review is that she claims I that I "permanently ruined her eyes" and that my primary concern was to make a profit on her. These accusations could not be farther from the truth. She seeing better than she has ever seen without glasses. In addition, as a physician, I hold myself to the utmost ethical standards and would never let monetary gain influence my judgment or standards.

Apr 17th, 2012

One of the best doctors I have ever seen (and not hard on the eyes either!)

Sep 14th, 2011

I had a stye that turned into this huge horrible cyst in my eyelid. I was able to be seen quickly and in only a few days after my treatment I looked totally normal and back to my old self. Dr. Nejat was efficient, smart, and very caring. He even introduced me to his new puppy! What a nice doctor. Overall great experience with Dr. Nejat and his office staff

Best ever show details Best ever
Mar 3rd, 2011

I saw Dr. Nejat for corrective vision surgery. He was the greatest, I wish I could find a Dr this good for a Primary care physician. My vision is 20/15 after three years.

Feb 10th, 2011

Horrible experience. Basically accused me of scrating my own cornia. Why on earth would anyone do that to themselves. It has to be one of the most painful things to endure.

he's VERY good! show details he's VERY good!
by julie d'arrigo on Nov 13th, 2009

my cataract surgery went very well. He made some decisions that went well beyong a surgeon doing routine cataract surgery would have done. Very personable, caring and well recommended.