Dr. Michael Neuwirth MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 23rd, 2016
Great first time visit
I went to see Dr. Neuwirth last week, it was my first time seeing him. He was courteous and very interested what I had to say. I have been having pain in my back for two years, and had many procedures at another well known hospital in New York. I decided to seek for another opinion after my Dr. wanted to perform a procedure on my back which was not FDA approved. Dr. Neuwirth spent over one hour with me, which in the past I felt like I was at a mill. I give him 5 stars after my visit and I am confident he will help me. Thank you again

September 20th, 2016
President, Creative License
Interviewed several top spinal fusion surgeons here in NYC, Dr. Neuwirth inspired my wife the most. He suggested there was a 90% chance I would be in great shape following surgery. Unfortunately, following surgery I was experiencing a lack of nerve response in my legs. He suggested I see a neurologist. This was a bad sign. As it turns out, I have to wear a brace on my leg, walk with a cane and am in pain all the time. Dr. Neuwirth said he was disappointed with how the surgery went. He's disappointed? If I could go back in time and choose my first choice in surgeons. It's been five years now (surgery 2011) and my life as I knew it, an active, athletic, guy is virtually over. I fall once a week and there is no hope for improvement. I was disappointed he was so quick to refer me to a neurologist and basically move on. I suggest you get referrals from patients who have undergone the same surgery and meet with not less than 3 surgeons.

August 5th, 2016
The Best Choice in Spine Surgery!
Dr Neuwirth is an exceptionally knowledgeable spine specialist. I chose him several years ago after checking out 5-6 others. He did my complicated 360 surgery and basically give me back my life! I will forever be grateful.

June 26th, 2016
Thanks for making me able to walk again
Dr. Neuwirth did my spinal surgery after another doctor messed my back up with my first surgery. He saw me in pain on Friday and did my surgery on Monday. Its been two years later and I am feeling fantastic. I always mention Dr. Neuwirth's name to anyone who has major back problems. For me, Dr. Neuwirth is my GOD!

March 9th, 2016
Superb communication skills as well as top doc

November 5th, 2015
EXCELLENT !!!!!
I met DR NEUWIRTH in 2012 in his office for a consult on 3 herniated discs in my neck. Immediately I felt completely confident, relaxed n in the best hands for my surgery. My surgery was a complete success and I was completely pain free. Amazing staff n bedside manors he has. I would highly recommend Dr Neuwirth and his expertise.

August 7th, 2015
Great surgeon
I have had cervical spine fusion in 2009 and the results are amazing. Excellent doctor, has patience for your questions and is not an alarmist.

July 24th, 2015
I've had complicated surgery with Dr. Neiwirth. His staff is amazing. Great follow up. Really talk to you.

April 24th, 2015
Dr. Neuwirth is a phenomenal surgeon with wonderful bedside manner. Absolutely the best!

July 5th, 2011
Very Satisfied for Someone of his caliber
He is recommended as a top surgeon in his field and I was treated commensujrate with what I would expect. Waits in the waiting room are not very long (10-15 minutes), staff then handles preliminary procedures (wait to take an x-ray can be 10-15 minutes although it can seem interminable), thereafter waiting time for Dr. Neuwirth to see you is a factor of the time he must spend with prior patients [something which his staff in most cases can not ascertain in advance] Once he sees you I find he is patient and explains everything, even repeating if necessary. In the hospital he was attentive seeing me daily and conferring with the fellows and residents in my presence and answering any questions I might have.All in all I believe that he is well deserving of his exemplary reputation.

March 16th, 2011
After 3 failed back surgeries i saw Dr.Neuwirth. After 10+ years of constant pain Dr Neuwirth did a multi-level spinal fusion. My surgery was 5+ years ago and I have been virtually pain free. Dr Neuwirth was very caring and spent alot of time with me and answered all my questions. He is wonderful.

August 31st, 2010
Good doctor, dishonest staff
I do not doubt Dr. Neuwirth's strong credentials in his field, but I discontinued using him as a health care provider because his staff gave me false and misleading information about insurance coverage, leaving me with un-remimbursed bills they were unsympathetic about. My experience with his office was awful, and his front office staff themselves admitted that they just gave me his "shpiel".