A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Newan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Newan is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Newan
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. Newan Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Newan, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Sleep Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
Education & Awards
Dr. Newan graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Newan has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Anthony's Hospital
- St. Petersburg General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Newan MD is a male Internist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Sleep Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Michael Newan practice?
- Dr. Michael Newan has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Newan practices Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Sleep Medicine near Saint Petersburg, FL.
See Saint Petersburg Internists, Saint Petersburg Pulmonologists, and Saint Petersburg Sleep Medicine Doctors.