A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Newan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Newan is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Newan
Type 2 Diabetes Patient Education Learn about type 2 diabetes symptoms, treatments and medications by reading Vitals' patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Newan Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Newan, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Sleep Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
Education & Awards
Dr. Newan graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Newan has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Anthony's Hospital
- St. Petersburg General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Newan MD is a male Internist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Sleep Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Michael Newan practice?
- Dr. Michael Newan has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Newan practices Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Sleep Medicine near Saint Petersburg, FL.
See Saint Petersburg Internists, Saint Petersburg Pulmonologists, and Saint Petersburg Sleep Medicine Doctors.