A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Nissen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Nissen is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Nissen, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Nissen graduated from Albany Medical College. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Nissen has 21 hospital affiliations:
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
- Lenox Hill Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Nissen MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 21 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Michael Nissen practice?
- Dr. Michael Nissen has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Nissen practices Ophthalmology near New York, NY.
See New York Ophthalmologists.