Dr. Michael Nosek MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 14th, 2017
Do not see this doctor
Didn't call me a liar to my face, but made it clear that he thought so. Missed my problem with the test results in front of him, though the next doctor I saw didn't have that problem with the same documents. Walked out and shut the door while I was speaking, and just generally made me feel horrible about myself. After months of visits with competent professionals I am able to accept my symptoms as real, and had he not been so humiliating I would have come to acceptance sooner. I'm embarrassed for Elmhurst that they have someone like this as their representative.

January 19th, 2017
Ride and Unprofessional
I just got home from an appointment with Dr Nosek. I really don't even know what to say. He was SO rude and unprofessional. First, let me say that there is a big difference between educating a patient on ways to be healthier and making demeaning comments about their health. Second, when you are done with a patient, don't just walk out the door without saying anything. I now fully understand why you were the only doctor with open appointments.

July 2nd, 2016
Dr appointment with Dr Nosek was a terrible experience. He introduced himself and shook my hand very fast. He then asked why I had come in. I said overall body aches and pains. He sat down and yelled at me "is that why you came in today?" He was disrespectful of me, and did not care to listen what I had to say. He spent very little time with me, acted like he had better things to than be around me. He obviously is not satisfied with his practice. It was the worst I've ever been treated by any Doctor.

January 5th, 2016
typical of elmhurst clinic
rude and pretentious.. thought he was "better than me".. showed no empathy about my problems, told me I couldnt have certain meds as =they are not preferred on my insurance plan.. I will never see this man again.. wrote a letter to CEO of elmhurst clinic, never got a response back.. typical

November 21st, 2015
This doctor didn't seem to care that I had been taking OTC meds for 4 months for stomach pain. He grudgingly gave me a referral to see a gastroenterologist.

November 5th, 2015
Pass on this quack!
Has no clue about women's health, doesnt know what a total hysterectomy is -he thinks its partial as he has no knowledge of a bilateral oopherectomy, doesnt prescribe meds, told him i was suicidal and he couldnt have cared less, condescending & rude. Irritated that i had several health issues as a new patient and blatently did not even address two of them. Done with this jerk- Dont waste your time, not a decent Dr.

July 6th, 2015
Doctor Nosek has been my "go to" doctor for at least a dozen years. I am a fortunate man to have found him.

April 15th, 2015
Go with your gut!
My knee had been hurting for over a month, I'm 24 and never have had a pain that did not get better on its own with rest. My knee hurt with no real injury but it would pop and crack when ever I squated. So I went in to see Nosek, he did a knee exam, prescribed me some anti inflammation pills and said it should get better. 3 weeks later it still hurt and popped. So I called his office looking for a referral to a orthopedic Dr. They insisted I HAD to come in, fine, health care is messed up and it's part of the deal. So I did, and Dr. Nosek said my knee seems fine what do you want me to do, he had no suggestions, thankfully my gut told me something was wrong. I asked for a referral to the orthopedic Dr. and within two minutes of me explaining my symptoms and the Dr. performing a simple test where he twists my legs while I laid back with them strait, he said I need a MRI and it's likely a Meniscus tear. I am mad at myself for not demanding a referral the first visit. So 2 months went by and I wasted all that time I could have gotten the issue fixed and back on the road to recovery. The main issue I had with Dr. Nosek was the way he looked at me when I said I wanted a referral for someone that can take an MRI of my knee, he made it seem like that was the most unreasonable request I could have asked. The fact that he did not perform the simplistic meniscus tear test on my knee that reproduced the popping noise/sensation really concerns me. Seems like something a primarily doctor should know, the orthopedic Dr. said just by explaining my symptoms it sounded like a meniscus tear. Meniscus tears are rather common, how does a primary doctor not know the symptoms?

November 5th, 2014
Not a people person. My impression is he is profoundly unhappy with his career choice.

June 1st, 2012
A rare breed
On my first visit to Dr. Nosek, he was completely professional as one would expect. But the very next day he called me with the results of lab testing. Not a nurseNot some administrative assistantHe called himself! I was very impressed as Ive never in my life had a doctor that made these calls himself. Then to add to that I received a written explanation of all the tests that had been run on that date. Written out in a way any common person would be able to understand. Im seriously impressed with this doctor and will continue seeing him in the future.

April 12th, 2012
I would like to see his grades from med school. I could likely make a better doctor with a mere B.A. Do yourself, and your family a favor, and skip this guy.... He has no time for your concerns, or interest in explaining your diagnosis.

November 3rd, 2011
Excellent doctor
Dr. Nosek is the best doctor I have ever been to. He gets you in, diagnoses your problem and gets you on your way. He is somewhat standoffish, but I see that as professional. He has always taken the time to explain everything to me and to give me his honest opinion.