Dr. Michael Novak Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Michael Novak?

Preconceived diagnosis

Posted on March 20th, 2017

Told I have migraines because I look like every other patient who comes in his office. Took meds anyhow and had terrible side effects. His suggestion was more meds. 3 trips to ER and 2 other opinions and I am off meds and much improved.

Posted on December 1st, 2015

Great doctor !

Posted on July 29th, 2015

Dr. Novak just lost two customers! What horrible office staff! I just spoke with the office manger about how I was treated when trying to make an appointment. If I were you I'd go some where else.

Lack of professionalism by Phone operator

Posted on June 15th, 2015

I called to get a message to Dr. Novak regarding a recent visit and medication prescribed for my husband. He ran out 4 days early and needed to refill. It is a controlled substance and we realize the fragile matter this can be. However, the receptionist (Janette) was so rude, she accused me of talking over her but she was so "irritated" she would not listen to me. I simply needed to get a message to Dr. Novak and although it had been requested 5 days earlier, we had not gotten any response. My husbands health is very fragile and his quality of life is declining daily. That is all I needed was to communication with the doc and a revised precription per out last visit. I was seriously offended by the unprofessional attitude of Janette and I would hope the office would have only compassionate, professional staff when dealing with some very serious medical conditions such as my husbands.

Tread lightly with this one...

Posted on February 27th, 2015

I ended up in the ER due to my back,the ER referred me to Dr. Novak. Long of the short is I was paying 100% out of pocket, I needed MRI's, he insisted I use his facility. I shop around and find another local facility that will allow me to pay $350 cash because I have no insurance. I contact Dr Novak's office and asked if they could do the same, answer was no. Novak's was more than twice as much even after a discount was offered, I chose to use "my" facility and everything broke loose. My facility had one heck of a time getting Novak's office to send the script, it was a major fight but his office finally conceded. When the results came back, I try and schedule an appointment with the office and am informed that they will not be able to do that, Dr Novak refused to see me and dropped me as a patient. Numerous attempts to contact him ended in his office staff, once upon asking my name, hanging up on me. Icing on the cake, prior to the MRI fiasco he refused to give me a refill on pain meds, basically told me he didn't think there was anything seriously wrong, I felt like he believed I was just there trying to get drugs, that's how he made me feel. The MRI results showed a massive L5S1 herniation with an extruded disk extending 6-7 CM into my spinal canal and compressing the S1 nerve root. L4 was also herniated, severe stenosis, severe DDD etc etc. I now have permanent nerve damage in my left leg. If any doctor out there deserves to be called greedy and uncaring it's him. He didn't care about me once I cost him a potential few dollars. I had multiple visits with him, always paid in full and was always polite and courteous. I wasn't given the same. Thanks Dr. Novak, for NOTHING.

One of the best doctors I've ever had

Posted on October 21st, 2013

I would highly recommend Dr. Novak for his ability to diagnose the reason for a serious trauma in my life, his treatment of another unrelated medical problem that has improved the quality of my life, his professional consultation and cooperation with five other doctors in different fields to get to the bottom of my problems, his willingness to listen to me and answer my questions, regardless of the time I needed and his follow- up several times to make sure the treatment and physical therapy (that he prescribed) was working. I feel bad for the people who wrote the bad reviews because I think their personal situation must have influenced their experience in a negative way and not this doctor. Top of him profession.

Confused Office, Mediocre Dr.

Posted on June 29th, 2013

This office is very confusing....always get another person when you call in...get referred to others in the office staff (some even have the same name). Not sensitive to the severity you my condition when calling for help. Never will let you talk to the Dr. when you call in...even when out of town and in need of advice. I believe that Dr. Novak is not sensitive to the individual..not at the top of his game and slow on diagnosis for surgery.

Posted on November 1st, 2012

the docter and staff are very helpful and helping me recover. i am very thankful for all the help.

I would recommend this doctor...

Posted on August 27th, 2012

I am very shocked by some of these reviews. I had my first consultation with Dr. Novak and I was very pleased. I felt that he was very thorough, clear, and concise. I was given an appointment for a follow up along with an order for some testing. I asume we will go over the results of those test during my follow up. I'm sure if there was something really wrong, it would be addressed sooner. I guess some are needer than others though.

Wish I had read these ratings.

Posted on January 31st, 2012

I highly recommend you do NOT go to this Dr. if you need answers. I had an MRI a week ago and he still has not read the results...or will they release them to my new Dr. I've had three shoulder surgeries and have never been treated so poorly by any Doctor in my life. Thanks to this Dr. I can only hope that there isn't something very wrong with my back.

Staff

Posted on December 30th, 2010

My problem is with Dr. Novak's staff. Although he has one of the sweetest receptionists I've ever met in a doctor's office and a great nurse, others in his office are rude, condescending, screams at you and points finger in your face. Very scary.

Posted on October 13th, 2009

Dr. Novak has been exceptional; both my husband & I believe if he didn't know my rare disease so well I would no longer be on this earth. He also works with my other specialists to insure my health is closely & correctly monitored.