Dr. Michael Otoole Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Michael Otoole?

Beware of this doctor

Posted on November 3rd, 2016

Dr O Toole is not who he portrays himself as. He uses scare tactics to perform unecessary testing and then yells at you when you get anxious about things. He was much nicer to me when my husband was around interestingly enough. He wouldn't listen to me. He promised to move heaven and earth to be there at the birth of my child (his words) and scheduled an induction to ensure this. When I checked into the hospital, the nurse called to let him know I was there and he said "why are you calling me, I'm off this week," She told me word for word what he said. As it turned out, this was a good thing. The oncall doctor was amazing and guided me through the birth without envoking fear. Dr Jazeeari and all of the midwives/Np's are awesome but I wouldn't recommend O'Toole if he was the last doctor around. I've switched groups and physicians now that I'm pregnant again and am so much happier. I feel I can enjoy this pregnancy-something I didn't do the first time because I was worried about everything

Complete Trust in Dr O'Toole

Posted on May 26th, 2016

Dr O'Toole is blessed with an incredible vault of knowledge and the ability to make sound healthcare decisions. He took my pregnancy, delivery and post partum health personally. I am 100% confident in his recommendations for my health and appreciated how he shared the full picture of my healthcare options with me and let me make my own decisions (even though his decisions always ended up being the best ones!) My mental/emotional and physical postpartum healing was eased by knowing he has my back and will do everything he can to make sure I remain healthy! His caring spirit encourages me to take my own health more seriously! I will continue to trust Dr. O'Toole with the health and lives of myself and my babies!

Posted on February 4th, 2016

I was very unpleased with Doctor O'Toole. He seemed nice when he came in to meet me I explained my problem an he told me that birth control was the solution I explained I preferred to not go that route when I asked for the other solutions he would dodge the question an go back onto the birth control idem. He did not focus on the real reason I was there. Very unprofessional. Got side tracked alot. I felt very belittled because I did things differently then he saw fit. Would not recommend for anyone.

Butchered

Posted on April 8th, 2015

Patient beware! Dr O'Toole was my OB/GYN for my last 2 c-sections. He strongly recommended the Essure procedure to me in 2005 prior to the birth of my 2nd child. I did not ask for council on this topic. I declined his recommendation. During my 3rd and final pregnancy, he again recommended the Essure procedure to me. He stated that it was safe, easy, painless and that I "could leave the office doing cartwheels". Due to the opinion that further C-sections were undesirable for me, and his STRONG recommendation that it was safer than tying my tubes during the C-section, I agreed to the Essure procedure. Without pain medication and wide awake, Dr. O'Toole tortured me in his office that day for 45 minuets and was irritated/angry at my pain. He stated that he had never had a patient handle the procedure with such pain in a manner that placed the burden of blame on my inability to handle such minor discomfort. Later during my HSG test to confirm blockage, he further tortured me at Bellin Hospital and was not only angry at my pain, but snapped at me several times. This was the last time that I willingly let any doctor near my private areas. I bled for 6 months and was told it was the depo shot after which, I stopped seeing Dr. O'Toole. For the past 7 years since the Essure "procedure" (it is REALLY a SURGERY), I have suffered with debilitating reactions and side effects from Essure. Not until recently was I able to make the connection to the devise because Dr. O'Toole CHOSE to not tell me the fact that a nickel allergy can develop AFTER Essure is implanted. He also CHOSE to not tell me that Essure could not be litigated against due to being a "Class III medical device". I have developed constant rashes, hives, dermotographism, severe eczema AND auto immune/neurological disease resulting in permanent paralysis in my right arm. Today I just underwent a major surgery to have Essure removed and have lost a significant organ in my body to do so. Dr. O'Toole is arrogant, prideful, puts financial kickbacks over patient safety. Some women may think this man is a wonderful doctor, but I assure you, once he has damaged even one of the women who had trusted him to "first, do no harm"... that makes him, without a doubt, unqualified to practice medicine or take on any patients.

SCARE TACTICS - HOLD ON TO YOUR WALLET

Posted on March 3rd, 2015

Scare tactics used to charge patients more for unnecessary procedures; doesn't know his patients.

Posted on February 18th, 2014

I cannot express enough how pleased I was with Dr. O’Toole and the staff at Women’s Specialty Care. In December, 2013, I nervously made an appointment to discuss a surgical procedure. Dr. O’Toole’s confidence as a surgeon made me feel comfortable and definitely put my mind at ease. He was friendly, knowledgeable, and truthful when sharing both the benefits and risks of my surgery. He took time to listen to concerns and answer any questions I had. I knew I was in good hands. Not only did I find an excellent surgeon, but a new health care provider.

Pastoral Minister

Posted on August 19th, 2013

Everyone at his office was wonderful. They all took the time to listen and I felt like they cared about me. No matter how long the vist was going to take. He fixed the problem beautifully.

Arrogant

Posted on May 27th, 2013

Extremely arrogant. Didn't take time to listen. Probably knows his stuff, but with a bedside manner like that would rather have someone else. Felt belittled. Nurses were polite, office staff rude.

Posted on March 3rd, 2016