A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Ost:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Ost is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Ost, MD is board certified in Urology and Pediatric Urology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Kidney Cancer
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Percutaneous Nephrostomy
- Urinary Bladder Cancer (Transitional Cell Carcinoma)
- Urologic Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Ost graduated from New York University - Mount Sinai. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Ost has 16 hospital affiliations:
- UPMC South Side
- UPMC Horizon
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ost accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- CareSource - 2 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 2 plans
- UPMC Health Plan - 13 plans
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael C. Ost practice?
Dr. Michael Ost practices Urology and Pediatric Urology near Pittsburgh, PA.
See Pittsburgh Urologists.