Dr. Michael Gruber MD Patient Reviews

3.6

September 12th, 2016
Incompetent is an understatement
My 13 yr. old daughter was referred to him for an orthopedic evaluation, by an urgent care center, after almost 2 weeks of knee pain in her left knee that wasn't getting better. Her injury was sustained while playing soccer. After describing in detail what my daughter had been experiencing and looking at the MRI that had been ordered, he told us that my daughter had a stress fracture and recommended appropriate treatment. The radiologist however had said that the MRI was completely normal and refused to agree that there was a stress fracture. Four days later, we returned to his office, still in severe pain, having done what he prescribed and not seeing any change or improvement. He asked me if my daughter was having problems at school, implying that she was possibly just making it up to get out of school. I am formed him that my daughter was not making it up and that she was not having problems at school. I suggested to him that it might be time to get a second opinion because doctors had been wrong when it came to my daughter before. He very rudely informed me that he didn't expect that any doctor would see anything he hadn't, and that it wouldn't hurt his feelings if I got a second opinion. So trusting his opinion I took my daughter home kept her out of school and rested her knee for a total of four days over a weekend. Within her first two days back at school she was back in severe pain again at which point I contacted another orthopedic for a second opinion. After explaining to them the exact same symptoms to them that I had explained to Dr. Gruber, they evaluated my daughters knee, duplicating the pain that we had expressed to them she had been experiencing. They told us they knew exactly what was causing her pain and she would need Physical Therapy. They looked at the exact same images and said there was no evidence of stress fracture (or Osgood Schlotters... Another possible diagnosis offered by Dr. Gruber when he couldn't figure out what was going on with my daughter) and that the radiologist was correct. They also said that she should have been started on physical therapy right away and that she would probably already be better, had that happened. after just one full week of physical therapy my daughter was able to get off the crutches that she had been using for almost a month. She is an extremely athletic soccer player, playing elite level soccer, and will hopefully get back to it within the next week. I would not recommend Dr. Gruber in anyway as both his bedside manner and his medical ability seem to be lacking.

October 15th, 2014
Hard to please specialist
Dr. Gruber has an impressive knowledge of his specialty. He can immediately go to the source of the problem, identify the name of the malady and the muscles/joints without hesitation and decide on a course of action. He is efficient and respectful of my time. He delivers on what is the most important to me -- my health and well-being. I would recommend him unconditionally.

October 10th, 2014
Excellent physician
As a former operating room nurse, I have known and worked with Dr. Gruber since 1995. He is always very professional, answers all my questions, and his staff is great also. When I started having trouble with my knees, there was no one else I would consider but Dr. Gruber. I drive 150 miles round-trip just to seek his services. He performed a total right knee replacement 2 weeks ago, and I am doing fine, not an easy surgery to get thru, but I am doing great. I would recommend Dr. Gruber highly! Over the years, he has performed 4 major surgeries on me, always with a great outcome.

September 24th, 2014
A great experience!
Dr. Gruber and his entire staff have been nothing less than wonderful at each and every office visit. Jared is a very knowledgeable P.A. and Carlee is very friendly. The real standouts to me, though, are Stacy and Megan. Somehow, whether it is an office visit or a phone call, they seem to remember me and always provide personalized attention. No matter how heavy the patient load, they always maintain a positive attitude and those beautiful smiles! Thank you, GB&J, for providing our community with such a terrific orthopedic option!

April 17th, 2014
pharmacy tech
Dr. Gruber is an excellent Dr. He is caring, and is very good at his job. The staff is great, call backs are prompt and caring. Office is comfortable and clean.

May 17th, 2013
Rude!!!
I went to this doctor because he did my mother's knee replacement surgery. I figured he would be ok since my mom seemed to like him. The only problem is that I don't need surgery. These arrogant doctors won't give you the time of day if you don't need surgery. He was in and out in less than 3 minutes, didn't even say bye. Just got up and walked out. Also, he belittled my family doctor basically for sending me. It has gotten to be where you cannot find a good, quality doctor who actually cares about what is wrong and actually wants to make you better and doesn't just see dollar signs when you walk in the room. It's sad what our healthcare has come to. I worked for a surgeon for 11 years and know first hand how people are treated differently based on their needs, payor source. I have insurance and still was treated like a second class citizen by this man. I would recommend you look elsewhere if looking for a caring doctor.

January 31st, 2013

August 18th, 2012
My experience was horrible. I waited for an hour and half for Gruber to spend less than five minutes with me, only to give me a website where I could research my condition. I left there feeling like their only interest in me was just an insurance claim. I will not be going back to GB&J nor will I ever recommend that practice to anyone.

July 2nd, 2011
Worth the Wait
Dr Gruber is an excellent orthopedist...some visits there is no wait at all to get in...others can be lengthy...but I believe that just means he takes the necessary time with his patients and he doesn't rush you through. He is thorough...current...and remembers your unique requests...I absolutely trust him!

May 10th, 2011
Awful experiences!
Dr. Gruber is rude. He flies in and out of the exam room with no thought of how his patient is feeling. The only good thing about my combined experiences is his nurse, Bridget. She is so sweet and helpful. He could learn a lot from her! I will never see him again despite my pain. I will see another Dr. He has no sympathy for his patients, not care for their well being. I hope no one else has to have the awful experiences I have had. :(

September 30th, 2010
Arrogant
What is it about orthopedic surgeons???? I have now seen 4 different surgeons over a 20 year period for the same knee problem. All have had the same arrogant personality. Dr. Gruber spoke down to me and acted like I was an inconvenience rather than a patient looking for answers. I will switch doctors before I trust someone who treats me poorly to perform surgery on my knee.

January 12th, 2010
Great Doctor/Could not ask for better!
Dr. Gruber is wonderful no only personable but very Knowledgable! The wait to see him can be a little long but I would wait any day to see a doctor like him who honestly cares about his patients! Doctor's like that are hard to find these days!