Dr. Michael Sherman MD Patient Reviews

• Hematology and Oncology Walnut Creek, CA

2.8

December 3rd, 2016
I have been going to Dr. Sherman since 2007. He is a kind, thorough doctor who always has my health at the forefront of his care. I have come to like/love him as a friend over the years. I am glad to be alive!

November 20th, 2012
True Healer
I saw Dr. Sherman during one of the darkest periods of my adult life. His patience, reassurance and caring attitude did a lot to get me through my ordeal. Dr. Sherman and his staff are the most competent professionals I have ever dealt with.

September 8th, 2012
Difficult to talk with
Dr Sherman seems to be bothered by patients, and the questions they may ask. He seems disassociated from the appointment , egar to leave the room to do more interesting things.

June 2nd, 2012
John muir walnut creek
Does not have privelges at this hospital. they were revoked!!! PLEASE investigate before choosing him as a Dr.

December 13th, 2011
Not Recommendable
I would not recommend this doctor. He was so rude and uncaring that I have found another oncologist. Dr. Sherman does not have hospital priviledges - this bothered me too.

July 28th, 2010
I'm not sure what the deal is with the negative reviews. I was referred to Dr. Sherman back in 2005 by the Breast Cancer Advocate at John Muir Hospital Walnutcreek who had nothing but positive things to say. I was scared and lost and he and his staff treated me with the utmost respect and compassion. His knowledge in the field is vast and he keeps me informed on new up to date info in the Breast cancer field. I am very fortunate to have found Dr. Sherman and his team and would refer him whole heartedly to anyone who was in need of an oncologist.

June 28th, 2010
another view....
I have worked for Dr Sherman for 5 years..I have never seen anything that resembles what is written from the "McKenna Family" this letter sounds like something that is coming from someone who is very jealous of his success. We have no records of a "McKenna Family" member as our patient. Dr Sherman is a very caring, compassionate and excellent physician... he is a highly intelligent doctor who takes very good care of his patients...The situation at JM/WC has absolutely NOTHING to do with a patient or patient care.I find it amazing that anyone can post something like that without any merit to it.

March 1st, 2010
gives all the facts and is compassionate

February 2nd, 2010
Not my first choice
To aggressive for me, ordered a lot of testing that may not be necessary.

October 11th, 2009
overbooked
I HAVE GONE TO SEE DR. MICHAEL SHERMAN 4 TIMES IN THE LAST 3 YEARS. ACCORDING TO THE RATINGS I READ ON THE INTERNET HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A VERY GOOD DOCTOR. EVERYTIME I HAVE SEEN HIM I LEAVE WITH AN EMPTY FEELING. HE SEEMS TO BE PREOCCUPIED WITH SOMETHING ELSE EVERY TIME I'M THERE. PERSONALLY I WOULD NOT GO BACK TO HIM. I'M IN THE PROCESS OF RESEARCHING ANOTHER PYSICIAN. HOPEFULLY A PHYSICIAN THAT CAN CONCENTRATE ON ME, THE PATIENT

September 29th, 2009
Incredibly bright physician who uses all the latest resources available to treat his patients.

July 10th, 2009
Excellent Doctor in all aspects....
Dr. Sherman showed the expertise I needed, the professionalism we all want from a doctor. HE knows what he's saying, and I trust that. He will sit with you and answer all your questions, and at that point during the treatment when you're lost and don't even know what questions to ask, he will still be able to explain all you need to know. That is my experience... but besides all that, I see sparks in his eyes when he talks to me. He truly cares. And at the end of the visit, I get a tight and warm hug. wow... that makes all the difference.