Ophthalmologists, Pediatrician, Pediatric Specialist
1220 S Higley Rd
Ste 106
Mesa, AZ 85206
480-835-0709
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  His diagnosis of my daughter eye caused her lifetime iireverible damage as he gave wrong viral medication for a sty in 2006  |  show details
Sep 23rd, 2013

Shouldn't he be barred from practice and pay my daughter lifetime support, she is 11 now and was under 4 years in 2006, when he gave her a wrong medication and treatment. We continue a 7 year nightmare with 3 other eye doctor regularly, but the corneal damage is permanent. Is there any justice to the girl for his negligence.

|  dfdsf  |  show details
Nov 26th, 2012

adsfadfa

|  Dr. Pachtman needs bedside manners  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2012

Sad to say, but I should have listened to all the previous replies on this doctor. I believe in giving a person a chance, but this guy really won the award of worst bedside manner. As a new mom with a 2 year old and concerned about her vision, he has no manners and diagnosed her as being near sighted. I thought that was so strange and told him so as she never complains of trouble seeing. She is sensitive to light, & recently we saw her eye shift, but he dx her with this and stated she needs bifocals and trifocals.??? really! & when i asked him questions to try and understand his remarks were that of a smart allec. wow! as a professional in the healthcare field, i would expect better from an MD. So not going back to follow up. def looking for a new doctor.

|  go somewhere else  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2011

cranky, mean, nasty, rude. Too many other good options.

|  NEVER AGAIN! Dr. Pachtman is HORRIBLE!  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2011

Dr. Pachtman is one of the most nasty, arrogant, unprofessional and angry people we have ever encountered! I cannot believe he is allowed to practice medicine. It is obvious he does NOT like children and has no patience for them or for their parents. He yelled at my child, was very rough with her and spent very little time examining her. I would NEVER trust this man to perform any clinical procedure on my child! He kept leaving room to answer phone calls and could hear him yelling in the hallway about his personal/family problems. We will NEVER return to him again! My pediatrician was not surprised when I told her about our experience and apologized for his behavior. She said he is a good doctor, but is known to have a terrible bedside manner. Thank goodness there are other doctors in the practice- Dr Salevitz was wonderful, caring and very attentive.

|  Unacceptable care  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2011

I took my daughter to see Dr. Michael Pachtman when she was an infant and I was very unimpressed. My daughter and I have a congential condition, so I've been down the same road personally. He insulted my choice in eye surgeon, the treatment I received (which was extremely well researched and I flew 2,000 miles to have it done by the country's expert). He insulting, outrageous manner had me in tears, and I'm not exactly a weepy kind of person. He TOTALLY mis-diagnosed my DD, a fact that has borne out clearly over the last five years. I was mortified at his bedside manner with both my daughter and myself. STEER CLEAR OF THIS ONE.

|  show details
Jul 20th, 2011

I agree 100% with the past few comments. We've gone to Dr. Pachtman for some time, and I've finally reached my breaking point. He doesn't answer questions, and actually replies with rude responses. I am all for confidence in a doctor, but arrogance is another story. Furthermore, he spent about 1 minute with my child (not joking) before suggesting a course of action for his condition. I am simply not comfortable relying on his "decades of experience" (his words) over real medical evaluation.

|  show details
May 5th, 2011

I also had a horrible experience with Dr. Pachtman when I took my son to see him about some vision issues. He was simply rude and smug. Don't dare to ask any questions at all, lest he will do his best to make you feel like an idiot.

|  worst attitude in any doctor EVER!  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2011

this man is a monster. the absolute worst attitude of any doctor i have ever seen. long wait to see him, and then he is rude, almost mean...sort of abusive in his manner. he also overcharged me, and reported this overcharge which i refused to pay cuz i had a zero balance due bill (proof)...he reported me to some ???? agency so when i tried to make an appt with another doctor not affiliated with hima t all...THEY REFUSED TO SEE ME. saying i left on a bad note with pachtman.....balance due!??? awful! surgeons treating people like this! this man is a millionaire, but felt the need to deny me continuity of care...maybe because i replaced him??? i dont know....BUT I DO KNOW>>>>DO NOT USE THIS JERK!

|  DON'T TAKE YOUR CHILD TO DR. PACHTMAN!  |  show details
by Mom on Nov 17th, 2010

We arrived on time to our first visit with Dr. Pachtman with high hopes he could help us with our daughter's vision. The technician completed the basic eye test and stated Dr. Pachtman wasn't in yet (20 minutes after 9AM appointment time). After waiting in the tiny examination room for 40 minutes, we wondered if he had an emergency elsewhere and perhaps we should re-schedule. My husband stepped out of the room to ask the front desk staff member, who replied, "The Dr. will be with you in a few minutes." As my husband was walking back to the exam room, in the hall, Dr. Pachtman sternly asked my husband, "How long have you been waiting?" My husband replied, "40 minutes, sir." Pachtman barked, "What time was your appointment?" My husband replied, "9:00". Pachtman barked, "Impossible...we don't make 9AM appointments here!" My husband responded, "We'll be leaving now." As we quickly guided my 3 yr old down the hall toward the exit, Dr. Pachtman barked, "You are banned from the practice!...They are banned from the practice!" My 3 yr old started crying in confusion, disappointment and fear. She had been patiently waiting to see a nice doctor who was going to help her to see better. Instead, she had to witness an inexcusable burst of arrogance from an unhappy man who clearly does not care about his patients, or his staff. As we were exiting, we stopped at the front desk to confirm payment would not be expected. The front desk staff quietly said, "No, you're fine." All three of the nice ladies had looks on their faces as though Dr. Pachtman's behavior and demeanor this morning was not out of character. Our appointment was indeed scheduled for 9AM and we were told to arrive at 8:45 to complete the first time patient forms. We are patient people, who don't mind waiting, as we know that happens at many Dr.'s offices. We do not, however, have patience for professionals who think it is okay to behave as Dr. Pachtman did this morning. This experience allowed us to learn all we need to know about Dr. Pachtman, as we would never want a man of this character to operate on my child, and anyone elses child, for that matter. We hope this review will help you in your decision to find the best Dr. for you or your child.

|  Office staff and Doctor  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2010

The staff was very rude as was the doctor. When you are working with children you have to have patience, they aren't always going to do what you want when you want them too. So, snapping your fingers and telling them to focus isn't going to get you far. And, when I was checking out they argued with me over the insurance. I had to ask them several times for the glasses to put over my sons eyes after they put the drops in them. I WILL NOT BE GOING BACK THERE AGAIN. I WILL FIND A BETTER DOCTOR WHO KNOWS HOW TO WORK WITH CHILDREN.

|  Our Family LOVES Dr. Pachtman!!  |  show details
by Susan on Feb 17th, 2010

Our pediatrician highly recommended Dr Pachtman~ we were very happy and extremely satisfied with our visit to Dr Pachtman's office. We felt he was warm, caring and VERY thorough! He spent quite a bit of time with us carefully explaining our child's condition. We would NOT trust our child's eyes to anyone else!! We give Dr. Pachtman and his staff a 5 star rating!!

|  excellent  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2009

Been with Dr. Pachtman for 12 years - wouldn't go anywhere else.

|  Great Eye Surgeon  |  show details
by SSSteph on Sep 24th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Did surgery on my child a few years ago and was exceptional. Her care couldn't have been better and he works with difficult eye care issues.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com