Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Cosmetic Surgeon

Best Surgeon for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome show details Best Surgeon for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Feb 7th, 2011

I saw Dr.Papalian back in the '90's. He did carpal tunnel surgery for me on my right hand. I waited a few years to do my left and had moved away from the area, so I had to use a different doctor. The comparison between the surgeries was vast. Dr. Papalian used laser surgery and my scar is minimal. I had no Occupational Therapy afterwards, although a little would have been nice. The left hand by another doctor left a big scar and I had hand therapy for weeks after. There was also a lot of bruising. Although both cured my syndrome, Dr. Papalian's method was the lest invasive and honestly, it is really hard to find the scar. If he recommends some O.T. afterwards, that would be optimum, though as my tendon took the usual 6 months to recover (just soreness mostly, no usability problems).

by Patty Smith, Redwood City on Jan 4th, 2010

Dr. Papalian has done reconstructive work on three of my friends after cancer surgery and his work is pure artistry. I was involved in all the appointments with two of my friends, and Dr. P. could not have been more concerned and caring, while maintaining a sense of humor to try to ease the pain his patients were feeling.I went to Dr. Papalian myself for some in-patient facial work (my first time- scary-)--he didn't think I needed all the work that other doctors had quoted me on - and he explained why and what could be done for now and so I had him do Botox and a lipfiller. He was gentle and took his time and the results were great!I have highly recommended Dr. Papalian several times. And, by the way, his staff, including the lovely Angela, are wonderful.