Dr. Michael Perry MD, FACOG Patient Reviews

• Gynecology Atlanta, GA

• Good
  • Bad

September 14th, 2015
First visit. Was very impressed.
Very professional. He made me feel very comfortable and answered all my questions. Followed up with my exam results personally by phone. Will definitely return for next check up and would refer him to friends and/or family.

November 14th, 2012
Horrified by the Front Desk Receptionist
I have been to this office only for less than a year but have received a few procedures on a few occasions. Dr. Perry and the nurse have always been amazing, incredibly concerned with my needs and very professional. However, it is unfortunate that his front desk staff fall horribly short of the service he provides. I needed to be reimbursed for a sum of almost $1000 for something I paid for up front but my insurance later paid directly to the office. After many many unreturned calls to the front desk inquiring about my refund, the person that handles their insurance claims, etc. finally told me my check would be mailed in 2 weeks. Two months have passed and I still have no check in my hands, with countless calls to the front desk. I called today and she told me the check was mailed, and I expressed to her that I was upset about how long this had finally taken. She told me she didn't feel like talking to me, and HUNG UP on me immediately. I've never been anything but completely calm on the phone, and never even mentioned before about how long this was taking on previous calls. I called back, and I calmly told her that I found it unacceptable for a person that works the front of a specialist's office, an office specifically for the healthcare of women, to treat someone so unprofessionally that has been a patient and was assuming to continue as a patient. She set the phone down and ignored me, I heard her talking to other people. She told me she "didn't care" what I was saying when I asked why she couldn't just address the fact that I was hung up on in such an unprofessional way. I'm sorry to say that I simply can't give this office my business any further because the first person I interact with has such a horribly rude and unprofessional manner. I never had any issues with them before but I have seen a nasty side of this office and it's really unfortunate -- I really liked Dr. Perry.
Doctor's Response

I'm sorry this patient had an unpleasant experience in dealing with my front office staff. This issue has been addressed and this employee is no longer with my practice. Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. It helped us to uncover other similar complaints regarding this employee.

March 10th, 2011
Good Doctor / Awful Staff
Staff is very unprofessional. 1st strike:I have been hung up on in mid-sentance on various occasions, kind of the standard now. 2nd strike:The receptionist assured me they had contacted/faxed my previous doctor to obtain records and when I followed up 1.5 month later to find out what was taking so long the other office said they never received a request for records. I again requested Dr.P staff to try again to fax request and after too many follow up phone calls/emails no requested was ever sent. I picked them up myself 3 months later.3rd strike: Dr. P's nurse provided me with instructions that my help someone with out my special needs. When I tried to explain to her how these instructions did not address my specific needs she acted defensive and insulted that I would question her directions.Don't get mad just, READ the chart!
Doctor's Response

I am sorry that this patient did not have the experience with my office that we strive to achieve at Atlanta Midtown Gynecology. I can assure you that my staff is very professional, very thorough and we follow through with each and every patients concerns or requests. In regards to her issues about her old records, i can assure you that Sheila, the front office receptionist works very hard to obtain all information and documents i request her to get. the likely problem was with the other office in just not following through with the request for whatever reason, and they just pass the blame back to the requesting office. Our office can only fax,phone or email requests so many times, if the other office wont reply, it unfortunately will fall on the patients to pick up their old records. when i place a request for old records up front, the request is faxed immediately by Sheila. Maybe this patient gave us the wrong fax information, maybe the other office just lost the request and blamed it on us. we are unfortunately at the mercy of the other staff and fulfilling the request! I am not sure what instructions this patient is referring to as all instructions for patients come directly from me. i personally call every patient with test results and also with any phone calls that patients make to the office. i do not hand this task off to my medical assistant like so many other offices do. i try to respond to each and every patient and their personal questions. many times i give patients detailed instruction sheets regarding their management and if they have questions, they can call back to discuss them with me. i will keep this patients concerns in mind as we continue to try and provide each patient with exceptional care here at my office!

March 5th, 2017