Dr. Michael Pertschuk Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Michael Pertschuk?

Posted on July 10th, 2016

a fine man with uncelled honor

Run from this guy

Posted on December 27th, 2015

This guy bills insurance companies for psychiatric analysis but really does an average of 2 minutes per session asking about symptoms & eating, then types alone for about 5 minutes on unknown subject. Refuses to release evaluation reports, has hostile staff who refuse reports, most patient time in his unit spent in group talk under psychologist w/ dubious competence. If you want results go elsewhere.

A Complete Waste of Time

Posted on November 21st, 2015

Terrible doctor.he just cares about the money and typing the same things in his computer over and over..He doesn't care or listen to his patients ..I was at the eating disorder unit at FriendsHospital and it was really a waste of time every minute I met with him..

This man is an egotist who gives bad advice.

Posted on May 15th, 2015

My cred: 3 MA degrees and Ph.D., one MA in Pastoral care, Ethics and Spirituality. Pertschuk s a self-important egotist who treats clients as deficient inferiors. He dshjould not be practicing medicine. One wants a doctor who believes in her/his clients, bot one who degrades them. His credentials are unwarranted; don't see this guy.

Posted on December 10th, 2013

I really benefited from the program! Dr. Pertschuk knows how to manage medications and really cares about his patients. I could tell from watching his interactions with other patients. He did a fantastic health education group for all of us. The office staff are amazing and always on their toes trying to help out with insurance and appointments. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes. An excellent experience!

Didn't Care For His In-Patients

Posted on March 4th, 2012

I was an in-patient at Friends for an eating disorder. Shortly after admittance, during the weekend, I discovered there had been a mix up with my meds. He could not be reached until Monday, meaning he could not correct this mistake. I didn't even meet him until I had been there for three days. After meeting with him for five minutes he told me that he wanted to meet with my parents- tomorrow. He would not listen when I told him my parents would not be available. He told me and them that if they really cared, they'd find a way to make it there- even though they are both physicians. Ironic considering how it took three days for him to fix a simple med mix up. However, he was unwilling to work with them to find a time that they could make.He then forced me to sign out AMA because he didn't think I was ready to leave, based on two issues. One, he had the dates on my medical history wrong, thinking my last issue had been one month before, not a year and a month before. He also said that the nursing staff said I had been lethargic- not exactly surprising considering that my meds were mixed up and they had been giving me the meds that I need to sleep in the morning!

Amazing Doctor

Posted on June 29th, 2011

Helped me and my family with everything. After speaking with him and visiting his office several times, I knew I had chosen the best doctor for my daughter!

Posted on April 13th, 2010

Very good experience.

Awkward bedside manner

Posted on August 12th, 2009

I felt uncomfortable during my consultation with Dr. Pertschuk. Although articulate, the doctor tends to convey cryptic messages which result in confusion and anxiety on the paitents part. He's rather aloof and difficult to talk to, don't be suprised if it feels as you're being personally attacked at times by him as well as his staff. We were assured over the phone his progam lasted 2 months, but no one brought it to our attention that the fine print in the contract stated 4 full months to be completed. The only therapist I met with, Fran, seemed to have a severe case of ADHD. Another began sobbing at the end of a group therapy session in front of all of us due to lack of participation.

Posted on August 8th, 2017