Dr. Michael Pfannenstiel MD Patient Reviews

2.9
  • 4 reviews

April 23rd, 2014
Mrs
I took my 10 year son to the ER yesterday with stomach / abdominal pains, Dr. Pfannenstiel was polite, professional and was very thorough. He ordered many tests to conclude his diagnosis and my son is now on the road to recovery. I wrote this review as the previous reviewers were so negative and I think doctors are not meant to be friendly chat buddies, they are busy and dealing with numerous cases in an ER situation. I also think moms should always have Motrin or Tylenol in their homes as a precaution as kids get fevers and growing pains regularly. I don't know this doctor personally but I would trust him to see my son again.

November 8th, 2012
He should have his license revoked
I am commenting on this doctor from an experience from 2007. When I read the recent comments on this doctor, I felt it necessary to chime in.-2007 I brought my 2 year old to the ER. Her o2 level was read a 85%. The Triage Nurse rushed her in the back to see the doctor. While we waited for the doctor she had a chest x-ray. Pfannestiel, this supposedly medical school graduate, looked at my daughter and said, "what do you want me to do with her? She has a cold. I looked at her x-rays and they are negative." Well, I waited hoping that she would seem better but she didn't. I took her back to the ER. She was then admitted to the hospital and then airlifted to Children's hospital in Missouri. At children's hospital she was diagnosed with RSV, Pneumonia, a collapsed lungs. Had Pfannenstiel had interpreted her X-Ray correctly things may have possibly been different for my child. She spent nearly 2 weeks in Children's hospital, all because the Doc is so unwilling to care for patients. WARNING If you get this guy as your doctor in the ER ask for whoever else is on staff or go elsewhere....

April 5th, 2012
His bedside manner is horrible. He was very rude & had my daughter in tears.

April 5th, 2012
ER Visit
I was completely humiliated by this doctor at my recent visit. I was ridiculed in front of others and was completed disrespected by his personal opinions.