Dr. Michael Pickford MD Patient Reviews

• Otolaryngology Duluth, GA

2.6

July 21st, 2015
Never would ever go back
I went to him and wasn't told what he was going to do which was never done but he still charged my insurance company for a procedure that never happened

July 16th, 2015
Pickford - BAD
This guy shouldn't be allowed to take care of a plant, let alone deal with with the public. He was unprofessional , rude, rough with the scope, AND gave me the wrong diagnosis. Got in to see him right away, now I know why, - he is beyond bad. When I found a good Dr, the people in the office already knew of Pickford and his bad reputation. NEVER go to him, can't say it enough.

April 9th, 2015
Made me wait an hour - why even make an appointment to begin with? Nurses get oddly defensive whenever patients ask how long the wait is (as more than 5 other patients were waiting and have been waiting way pass their appointment time). Took less than 5 minutes with me, and ordered the standard sinus medication and a CT scan - which they have still not followed up with for the past month and won't call back. Never again.

February 20th, 2015
Very professional staff and doctor. I plan on having dr Pickford perform nasal surgery on me.

October 17th, 2014
Warning - If you have a child, find a good Pediatric ENT
I took my child to Dr. Pickford for ear tubes. At our nine month follow-up appointment, Dr. Pickford said that he had wax in his ears so he couldn't examine him. He had the audiologist (who is great) perform a tympanogram on him which showed that his right ear was flat lined. Dr. Pickford told us this meant there was fluid present and most likely hearing loss. I asked if we could do a hearing test, but he said that is not necessary. He told me to go home and put peroxide in his ear for the wax and come back in six months. My son is under 2 years old and learning to talk so hearing is vital at this stage. There was no way I was going to wait 6 months to have him evaluated again. I made an appointment the next day with a pediatric ENT, who said over and over that he was so glad I brought him in. He cleaned out the wax in his ear (painless and took less than 2 minutes) and found that my son has a major ear infection. So glad I found a different doctor who took the time to correctly diagnose and treat my son. If you have a child, I highly recommend finding a good Pediatric ENT to treat your child.

May 13th, 2013
Uncaring
I took my child to Dr Pickford and my first impression upon meeting him was not good. He was arrogant , uncaring and unwilling to listen to my concerns however quickly started the process to schedule surgery for my child. He couldn't get us out of there fast enough and appeared annoyed with my questions and my squirmy child. The staff was not much better and were not at all personable. I did not feel right about him operating and thank God that I read these reviews before surgery ! We are now seeing another ENT with a much more caring personality.

October 11th, 2012
My visit to Dr. Pickford was completely useless.
I had reoccurring, abnormal swelling of my lymphnodes and I had concerns about lymphoma which were dismissed by Dr. Pickford. He just recommended I have my tonsils removed. He did not run any tests and just told me information about lymphnodes that I did not understand or need to know. It sounded like he was just reading to me from a medical textbook. He did not prescribe me any antibiotics. When it came to my lymphnodes, one under my chin was swollen and he told me that this was uncommon UNLESS I was having teeth problems, which I was not. After telling him this, he said he wouldn't worry about it. That made no sense considering the fact that he just told me that the swelling was abnormal in that area.There was no point in visiting him because I gained absolutely nothing.His staff was very courteous and professional but I don't think that matters too much if the doctor was completely unhelpful.

August 22nd, 2012
Find another Doctor
I seen Dr.Pickford for the first time and my visit was VERY disappointing. It took him forever to get in the room, once in the room he spent all of two minutes, and didn't really listen to my concerns. I'm still have the same problems I was before. He would rather recommend surgery than properly diagnose the problem. Don't waste your time or money (even if you only have a small co pay) He's not worth even that.

August 10th, 2012
Initial impressions...
I went to Dr. Pickford because his office was the closest ENT that was covered by my insurance. The initial visit and follow-up for hearing tests went well, but as hearing loss is significant and surgery is being recommended, I'm doing some more research!

January 16th, 2011
worst care ever
he stopped my heart on the operating table and tried to cover it up...one nurse stood up and told the truth..im on disability now

August 21st, 2010
Don't waste your time.
I should of listen to all the others. This guy messed up my nose and my surgery was awful. I was in pain for over 4 months I almost needed a blood trans the night after surgery. I had to go to the ER several different times right after surgery. I am so sorry I step foot in his office. He even had the nerve to charge me for a follow up visit after surgery, WHO DOES THAT. I have had the correct surgery a few weeks ago and I am so very pleased. I had it done by a REAL Dr. I had very very little pain after and never saw blood afterward like I did with pickford. Oh and NEVER had to go to an ER afterward. Please if you need to see someone KEEP LOOKING. All he wants is your money and not do his job correctly.

March 2nd, 2009
all about having you spend more money
He had no idea what to do.... except to refer me to someone else in his practice for more testing.....more money!!!! and then mention maybe surgery if that Doctor had no explanation. Also assured me that the antibiotics I've been taking could not in any way make me tired...even though they have been...to the point where I had to take them at night so I could function. He had many explanations for why they made me sleepy. So after everything I have no answers.....he is very nice but doesn't seem to care about expense or the big picture...your health