Dr. Michael Plokamakis Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Plokamakis?

Look Elsewhere. You can do better

Posted on February 26th, 2017

The most important thing that a patient should depend on from a physician that calls himself a primary care physician is referrals. Dr. Plokamakises referrals were disastrous. He sent us to a sleep specialist who's office was not clean, his staff was not empowered and he had a huge attitude. This was not the only bad referral. We also feel that Dr. Plokamakis is cold, indifferent and not personable. It felt like we were meeting him for the first time every time we went to see him. My wife went to him because she had a cold that was going sour. She had bronchitis the year before. He sent her home with an over the counter recommendation and that night she went to the ER. Once you have bronchitis the doctor should be on the watch for it because it's likely that you will get it again. Lastly, I would like to recommend that Dr. Plokamakis get with the times and computerize his office. We called three times and I had to go look him in the face to get a letter for my wife to apply for Access-A-Ride. That should not be difficult right? His excuse was that his office was very busy. So I'd say if you are looking for a good primary care physician look elsewhere. You can definitely do far better.

Posted on April 22nd, 2016

Fantastic Doctor!

Excellent Physician

Posted on September 13th, 2015

This is the best primary physician my wife and I ever had. We both are very satisfied with all that Dr. Plokamakis has been doing for both of our health. He is very specific, accurate in diagnosing and truly cares. I was diagnosed with diabetes type II, and I am off medication since more than a year; with his guidance, my diabetes is completely under control, and I feel better than ever. His entire office staff is always very helpful. Thank you, Dr. Plokamakis. Special Thanks to Mary (Office Manager); who is very knowledgeable and helpful on the phone and in person.

The Mooke

Posted on June 11th, 2015

Despite his shortcomings; Steadily overcrowded waiting room (due to 100% walk in policy) and poor concern for the patient after the visit, he is excellent in certain areas; listens intently, does not rush the patient out. I have stayed with him for years. Nobody's perfect.

Stay away and save time

Posted on May 29th, 2015

Even though the doctor and his staff are nice but the doctor is too for from being called a doctor. I visited his office few times complaining about a pain but he never badder to look at or check it up. The first thing he does is to grub his pad and send me for lab work. Follow up forget it, you will never get a call from his office. After 4 years I called quit.

Excellent Caring Professional

Posted on June 18th, 2010

Have kept dr as my primary bc of his knowledge in all and caring manner with complete follow-through.

The best doctor

Posted on April 13th, 2010

Dr. Plokamakis is the most caring doctor I have ever met. His successful diagnosis led us early enough to the hospital for a needed operation that saved my partner's life. Dr. Plokamakis every single day was in contact with the patient and the family and CARED for the medications and answered all the questions. He helped us all go through these difficult times. He is an excellent doctor.

Posted on December 10th, 2009

One of the finest physicians i have ever met. Extremely professional, caring and compassionate about his patients and their well being. His credentials and expertise as an internist make him one of the most renown physicians in New York. I would highly recommend his services to everyone.

GUEST SERVICES AGENT