A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Pourfar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Pourfar is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Pourfar, MD is board certified in Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Essential Tremor
- Movement Disorders
- Parkinson Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Pourfar graduated from Drexel University , Philadelphia.
Dr. Pourfar has 15 hospital affiliations:
- NYU Hospitals Center
- Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Pourfar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 3 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- American Sign Language
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael H. Pourfar practice?
Dr. Michael Pourfar practices Neurology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Great Neck, NY.
See New York Neurologists.