A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Edmunds:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Edmunds is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Edmunds, MD, FAAOS, FACS is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Edmunds graduated from University of Nevada, Reno.
Dr. Edmunds has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center
- Sierra Surgery & Imaging
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Edmunds accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Anthem - 2 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- Hometown Health Plan - 5 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Health Plan of Nevada - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael R. Edmunds practice?
Dr. Michael Edmunds practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near Carson City, NV.
Additional practice locations include: South Lake Tahoe, CA and Gardnerville, NV.
See Carson City Orthopedic Surgeons and Carson City Sports Medicine Doctors.