Dr. Michael Leonard Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Leonard?

September 27th, 2017

Don't let the positive reviews here fool you. Pay very close attention to Jeffery Y's review, specifically regarding his interactions with Dr. Leonard's secretary, Xiomora (I believe that's how you spell it). I have nothing positive to say about her. She's curt, baselessly condescending, unreasonable, devoid of compassion, refuses to listen to anyone but herself and, consistently miscommunicates with both patient and her employer, Dr. Leonard. For instance, I received a VM from Dr. Leonard in regards to some test results and, when I listened to it, gave him a call back to discuss some findings he voiced that were alarming to me. Long story short, his secretary simply did not want to let me talk to Dr. Leonard, but rather stated he needed additional test results before we could even chat. I'm not sure how Dr. Leonard gives her the authority to make such a decision, especially without a medical degree. Seems shortsighted and negligent. Further, when a patient is concerned about their test results a doctor has not directly communicated to him/her, it's a doctor's obligation to have a conversation with his/her patient at the patient's request. A degree of compassion is necessary in the medical field. Thankfully the doctor did eventually call me back, but only after my fiancé called the office after me expressing to Xiomora how concerned I was about Dr. Leonard's VM. I was more at ease after talking with Dr. Leonard, but that was short-lived when I found a notable discrepancy between what the doctor and I discussed and what I read in my radiology report the very next day. The discrepancy was significant and, again, alarming. Leonard said I had one thing, and the report said I had something very different. Consequently, I called his office once again to inquire about the discrepancy. A nurse picked up, listened to my concern, and immediately stated the doctor would call me back. Moments later, however, I received a call from Xiomora. She was abrasive in tone, combative and outright condescending. At no point did she even listen to me as I explained my reason for calling. Instead, she kept reiterating that the doctor could not speak to me because he had already done so the day prior. Further, if I wanted to speak to him, I'd have to make an appointment. Frustrated, I pointed out the discrepancy to her in detail. At that point, she finally put me on hold and went to go speak to Dr. Leonard. Now for Dr. Leonard. When I came off hold, he was on the other end. Right out of the gate, in a frustrated and rude tone, he began reprimanding me for calling. During his rant, he reiterated most of what his secretary had said, specifically about having already spoken to me. Clearly, Xiomora didn't provide him the correct information in regards to why I was calling again. When I pointed out my reasoning for calling again, Dr. Leonard calmed a bit, and stated his secretary told him something very different. According to him, his secretary said that I was calling to complain, ranting that he had not called me back the day prior. Clearly this was not the case, nor my reason for calling that day. In a still frustrated state, however, he blurted out that he lied about my test results as he "didn't want to freak me out." I get his perspective, but, candidly, it is not his decision to make. I had a test done, he got the results. It is his job to tell me what those results are, what they mean, and where to go from there. His approach leaves room for ambiguity, confusion and, logically, increases a patient's anxiety. After a lengthy conversation that I must admit was productive, Dr. Leonard apologized for his actions and on behalf of his secretary. I appreciated that, but I moved on to another provider. I don't need the drama and harassment in addition to my health concerns. Bottom line, he's a good doctor and he knows his stuff. He does need to work on making himself available to his patients, controlling his temper, and being more considerate of other people's emotions. Most importantly, however, he shouldn't be lying to patients, irrespective of his reasoning. His secretary, on the other hand, I have no explanation nor excuses for. She is just outright cold and cannot communicate effectively with either her boss or his patients and, as a result, cannot serve as a medium between a doctor and his patients. Coming from a client-service based industry, I'm not even sure how she is allowed to be customer-facing in any capacity.

April 18th, 2016

I found him thorough, attentive and very approachable with my first visit.

February 17th, 2015

Dr. Leonard is warm and caring, He takes concerns seriously and is a excellent diagnostician. He is communicative and responsive and highly recommended.

August 12th, 2012

The best internist I have ever met

Dr Leonard was highly recommended to me by my co- worker and now I know why. Aside from being very nice, he takes time to listen to his Pts and does a thorough physical examination. He personally calls you on test results and follow up checks. The office is clean and organized and his staff are very pleasant.

April 19th, 2012

New Doctor for me

He heard my heart click which most doctors don't hear and went through a list of things I had to pay attention to about health and other issues, that were very helpful. First time I went to him; will be returning.

September 8th, 2010

RN

The receptionist experience is only OK, but the medical attention is compassionate and professional.

April 9th, 2017