Dr. Michael Silver MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Philadelphia, PA

3.6

November 7th, 2016
Unhappy
He does not listen to his patients. He did not order any test to help find out what was causing my migraines. Please do not waste your time. This doctor only cares about his check from Emory not your care.

September 28th, 2016
Dr Silver
I love the time Dr Silver takes and the fact that he listens My boyfriend was diagnosed with Parkinson's but after testing and evaluation he was diagnosed with Corticobasal Degeneration which is in the Parkinson's family. He called in other physicians to evaluate him I love Dr. Silver. he came in in a wheel chair and now he at least can walk

July 13th, 2016
Very personable and interested in my what I have to say. Willing to try new treatments. Extremely nice man.

February 25th, 2016
I saw Dr. Silver for a year for migraines, and he refused to do any diagnostic testing to find out why I was having a sharp increase in severity and frequency. He only told me "these things happen with age" (I'm 30). He would rather push heavy duty medications than find out the cause of the migraines, and all I ended up with were horrible side effects that interfered with my job as a nurse, and I still had 3-4 migraines per week. When I called Emory to switch providers, they refused, saying it's their policy to not allow patients to switch doctors, but they didn't have a reason as to why that was a policy. I do NOT recommend getting stuck with Dr. Silver if you choose to use the Emory Clinic Neurology Department!

September 10th, 2015
Doctor was nice and attentive. STAFF IS HORRIBLE! Be prepared to make several phone calls if you need help or have questions. Insurance was not filed in time for appt.

April 30th, 2015
Dr. Silver is OUTSTANDING. I'm older and have seen a lot of doctors. I think Dr. Silver is the best in every category.

January 23rd, 2015
Dr. Silver takes times and listens very carefully to what you have to say. We really think he is a very caring and loving doc

November 22nd, 2014
Does a good job
Dr Silver was spot on with a treatment plan for my Parkinson's. He provided ample time for our office visits and acts in a professional manner. My only beef is that it is nearly impossible to adjust my appointment schedule with him for less than a 4-6 month period.

June 20th, 2014
Parkinson's patient
He is more like an instructor not a doctor. Just listens and types and usually had a student in the room. Do not waste your time, you are just a specimen to him.

November 7th, 2013
Dr Silver was very professional during my visit. He spent a lot of time with me. Unfortunately, he did not really have a good plan of treatment for me except to try more medications. Very frustrating....six yrs of daily migraines and still no answers and no relief.

October 25th, 2013
Terrible Care
This "doctor" is arrogant, rude, and has zero bedside manner. He did not listen to me or think about actually sharing discourse before diagnosing me. Though a young man, his instant analysis of hysterical stress, spoke of insufferable, judgmental thinking without considering me as anything but a woman patient who's problem was in her head--very old boy doctor behavior, and inexcusable. Unless you enjoy being walked on, don't choose this doctor as your neurologist.