Dr. Michael Vaughn MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

December 5th, 2015
a doctor that belongs in phychiatry. he seems to me that he should be under the care of a phychiatrist himself. a strange acting fellow.

June 23rd, 2013
Great doc whom I have recommended to several ppl
Dr. Vaughn is wonderful. His office staff is friendly and I have no trouble getting appts after work, and on the few occasions when i needed it, he fit me in quickly, including working through his lunch hour. He does run late, but he always spends extra time with me. He is flexible with medications and is open to my input as the patient. It is difficult to get through on the phone but the office just hired more front desk staff. Remember that since he is a psychiatrist specializing in addiction, he deals with a population that is more difficult to please than average, so take the comments here with a grain of salt.

May 25th, 2013
HORRENDOUS EXPERIENCE !!!!!
This was the worst experience ever. I visited Dr Vaughn at Peachford and almost from the beginning things went wrong. The Dr prescribed me meds the first visit and set up a return visit for the following week, when I returned he prescribed me different meds and set up another visit for the same week. He never diagnosed me saying he was trying to "get a feel" for what my problem was. This was just the beginning. The receptionist gave me an appointment card with the wrong fax number on it that was necessary for extremely important info to be sent from my insurance company causing extreme inconvenience. When confronted they simply said it was a mistake that they would fix. They didn't. The Dr was then supposed to fax some paperwork for me which he never sent. I called him for THREE weeks. Unlike the previous poster I was able to contact the receptionist who told me multiple times that she passed him the messages. The only way I was able to contact him was when I made another appt. and when I did he acted like he didn't remember me and said he didn't set up a follow up appt. when the receptionist clearly said otherwise. Then he suggested "terminating" the relationship. This is entirely not enough space to list all the negative aspects of this experience and I am currently seeking consultation to see if I can take some type of legal action. With the exception of one of the receptionist the entire office was unprofessional (botched appointments..etc) I wouldn't recommend this Dr to my worst enemy.

April 22nd, 2013
Not able to reach anyone and admin staff not helpful
I saw Dr. Vaughn at the Peachford Rd location and every time I called I got their answering service. I would leave a message and no one would return it. After days of trying unsuccessfully to reach someone to schedule an appointment, my medication ran out. Having no other choice, I took time off of work and went to his office in person. When I arrived, the receptionist initially said the next available appointment would be in a month. After much discussion, she said they would try to fit me in. After 2 hours of waiting, I was able to see my doctor to get my prescription. The entire time I was waiting in their office, I never heard the phone ring, because as the doctor later confirmed, they HAVE THEIR PHONE TURNED OFF!!! Apparently they do not have enough admin staff. To make matters worse two months after that visit, I then received a bill from their office for the cost of the visit, minus my insurance deductible (which I paid at their office). They mistakenly sent the balance of my bill to me instead of processing it with my insurance!! To clear this up, I called their office and (you guessed it) the call went straight to their answering service. Called an hour later at 11:45 am and their answering service said they were at lunch. Called back again at 1:30 pm still no one there. I still have not reached anyone over there and I am NOT going to take time off of work to visit their office in person because they won't answer their phone or return calls. What would happen if there was some sort of emergency and I needed to reach my doctor? Good luck. Bottom line, I would advise anyone thinking of using these guys to look elsewhere.

September 21st, 2012
Compassionate, spends extra time
Dr. Vaughn is great. He always is concerned about my well-being and just such a kind man. You can tell that he is passionate about his practice. He has always spent extra time with me and fit me in on the same day when I needed to talk to him.

April 11th, 2012
dar vaughns receptionist has moody problems, her moddiness affect the paitents

September 1st, 2011
Needs to listen to patient's more
First of all, I have to say that there are some positives with the office and the doctor. The office staff is great- very caring and responsive. It is also fairly easy to get an appointment and Dr Vaughn is good about not rushing you in and out the door. I agree with another poster who said that Dr. Vaughn is often not there on time for his scheduled appointments and when he arrives he sees people in the order of their appointment. So if he has 4 appointments and he arrives 20 minutes late for the first one, then each person's appointment can expect to be delayed at least that long if not longer. Additionally, he requires each of each patient's to take a urine test before each appointment. Since he sees a lot of patient's with addictions ( he indicated he is drug testing each patient) I understand FOR THESE patient's however that is not my issue ( mine is depression and anxiety) so it does not make sense clinically to have this done. I find it insulting actually. Lastly, he does not seem to listen well to complaints about medical side effects. I had common side effects with a medication I was on and he indicated he had seen these before. He suggested adding another medication. Really- all you have to do is look up the common side effects of the medication. Why not consider switching to another medication- maybe one with a smaller number of potential side effects.

July 13th, 2011
Diagnostic and understanding
Unfortunately, this Doctor suffers with a serious prejudice toward patients who may have or in the past had an adiction to opiates.I found him myopic and lacking in understanding the theory of adiction as a disease. He seems to think the "substance" is the problem; not the addictive nature of the user.

May 26th, 2011
Unresponsive at best
* Won't return phone calls* Doesn't call back when promised* Didn't even know my son was admitted as his patient at the hospital* Didn't know or provide necessary daily medications to my son for 2 days

December 19th, 2010
Appears to know his field but has very little personality.

August 5th, 2010
Underwriter
Psychiatric services are much different from my hometown in Indiana. If you schedule an appt after 4 there is no reception at the desk. The doctor is not on a set schedule at the office. Yesterday he was only at the office 8-9:15. In emergency situations he is not quickly to respond and it is difficult to get ahold of him.