Obstetrician & Gynecologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

• Currently 2.9761904761905 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.2340425531915 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch. Kudzu. Judy's Book.
 |  Horrible Staff  |  show details
by Julia B. on Dec 17th, 2014

Dr. Randell needs to fire all if his staff and start over. Upon arrival to his office, the waiting room was standing room only. The window to the reception are is opaque and was closed. I stood and waited for 1/2 hour before they even opened the window to acknowledge me! There was not sing in sheet to bell to ring.... After finally checking me in, I waited for another 2 hours with no update from the staff. All in all I was in his office for 4.5 hours that day! I asked if it was always this disorganized and they assured me that this was atypical. The next day, one of the staff called to give me the appointment time for my MRI. She had already scheduled it for the next day without asking me about my availability. Ummm, I have a job and can't just NOT show up for work. Also, her accent was so thick that I couldn't understand most of what she was saying. Currently, I have left numerous messages for Dr. Randell and have not received a response to my questions. Honestly, I don't know if he is even receiving the messages from his staff. I am seeking care elsewhere. There are other qualified doctor's out there & you don't need to subject yourself to this mistreatment!

Nov 12th, 2014

Don't subject yourself to the abuse

|  satisfied patient  |  show details
by VM Walker on Oct 10th, 2014

Dr Randell is an amazing doctor,I had the DA Vinci Robotic Surgery,when I tell you this doctor know what he is doing,I was out the hospital the next morning.not a lot of pain,he was great.I would recommend Dr Randell to anyone,very professional.

|  A Miracle Worker  |  show details
by Nicola, G on Oct 1st, 2014

I am 44 years old, I have been to five "so called specialists". Two of which are here in Atlanta. And they all said my fibroids were too big and my uterus would have to be removed. Dr. Randall removed all twenty-one. One as big as a football.

|  A Great Experience!  |  show details
by Julie S . on Aug 22nd, 2014

My whole experience from the moment I came for my first visit was so wonderful. Of course you never want to hear you should have a procedure done but from that moment on I never worried. The whole staff, and especially Dr. Randell , made the process easy and clear. I knew what was going to happen and sure enough it went very well. I am feeling like a new woman and am so grateful that I found this practice!

by Tami Pettway on Aug 7th, 2014

I am so grateful that I came accross Dr. Randell on my last search for a specialist. I had fibriods and was 37. I wanted children. He was very adamant thathe could do the suregery using the Davinci Robotics with minimal down time and I should be good to go even at my age. I had one surgery in August and in April he found another that was in the same spot as the ones previously removed and was an agressively growning. He decided it would be best to remove it. I had the surgery done in May and was out of work for a week. On my follow up visit 6 weeks later I told him my husband and I had been trying for 6 years to concieve and we weregoing to give up trying naturaly. We wanted to with the IUI. He stated that he beleived I would be pregnant within 3 months. I found out I was pregnat 3 weeks later. I am 39 years old and am the happiest person I know. Thank you so very much Dr Randell. And thank you Andi for being so polite every time I called to ask questions. I would recoment anybody and everybody to Dr. Randell. Make sure you go there with something to keep you busy while you wait. There are long wait times, but why not when he is what he says he is...THE BEST!!

|  Amazing Dr!  |  show details
by Corey C. on Mar 28th, 2014

I went to see Dr. Randell for a second opinion. My previous Dr. found a fibroid tumor and immediately told me I had to have a hysterectomy because my uterus was enlarged. I was not thrilled about that information so I went to see Dr. Randell. He sent me to do an MRI and completed a biopsy. After my consultation, he assured me that I did not need a hysterectomy if I did not want one. He successfully removed my fibroid in February of 2014 by using the Davinci Myomectomy method and I had very minimal pain or bleeding! My recovery went very well. Dr. Randell is an angel and I highly recommend him.

Feb 27th, 2014

In October 2013, my husband and I walked into Dr. Randell's office after attempting to conceive naturally for one year, paying over $17,000 for an unsuccessful round of IVF and having no hope or what we considered options because we agreed that IVF was no longer an option. During a meeting with who we now call the "Guru" he offered hope and a huge shot of confidence in his ability to get women pregnant LOL!!! Well on October 25, 2013, the "Guru" performed a Tubal Cannulation, a Chromohertubation, a Davinci Myomectomy and a Hysteroscopy all on a 40 year old me. He advised us not to try and conceive until 3 months post op and it was our goal to follow the "Guru's" instruction to the T. We proceeded slow and steady and were very cautious, well so we thought :-). Now after turning 41 on the 21st of February, can you imagine my surprise when the ultrasound showed a heart beat at 6 weeks and 5 days on February 27, 2014. Pregnant me, WOW!!! Tears of joy, laughs of love and all the emotions that go along with being happily in love and PREGNANT!!! My husband and I have a strong faith in God and believe with every fiber of our being that he answered our prayers and blessed us through the "Guru" Dr. Michael Randell with our very first addition to our new home! So if you have an ounce of hope and willing to explore one more option, start with the "Guru". No matter what your problem is, I fully believe that Dr. Michael Randell is your answer! Call him NOW!!!!

by Andrea B. on Jan 20th, 2014

Dr Randall and Amazing. Prior to my visit with him I first met with my personal OBGY in July 2013. At this visit, I expressed concern with heavy bleeding, fatigue, and sudden weight gain. My physician never discovered that their was any issue. Therefore, I requested a second opinion. Upon this visit the physician performed an ultrasound where several fibroids were found. At this point My uterus was enlarged to the size of 26 wks. The plan of action suggested was a traditional myomectomy. But I felt there had to be other options. I'm only 34 and I've never been pregnant. I was referred to Dr. Randall and I'm so glad!!!! Right away Dr. Randall order a MRI to ensure there weren't any other issues with other organs. The MRI showed 4 large Fibroids and two medium size which would require immediate removal. Dr Randal was able to schedule my surgery and remove using the Da Vinci Robotic Myomectom. Dr Randal was thorough with explaining that this procedure would be miniamally invasive and I would have a reduced recovery time. Anyone having any female challenges and desires a physician who is an expert and will inning to educate you as he facilitates treatment, He is the BEST!!! I'm so Thankful that I was able to have him conduct my surgery!

|  Amazing!!!!  |  show details
by T Bierria on Dec 16th, 2013

All I can say is Dr Randell and his staff are the best! From his accurate diagnosis and aggressive treatment plan to the prompt and courteous office staff, I CAN TRULY SAY we have experienced excellence in OB/ GYN care. I am a walking billboard for Dr Randell. Call and make you appointment now, you won't regret it.

|  Complicated Case but Very Successful Outcome  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2013

Prior to seeing Dr. Randell I'd seen many other gynecologists. My visits with them left me feeling like they were treating me like a textbook case rather than a person with real life experiences and concerns. Prior to my initial exam, Dr. Randell listened to my concerns, previous medical history and my desired outcome. He took notes and asked questions. Having had a history of a myomectomy 10 years prior with major complications, I went in requesting a hysterectomy. While he didn't agree to do the hysterectomy based on information I provided during the interview, I felt like he truly listened to my concerns and treated me like an individual. After my exam, he verified that I wanted a hysterectomy; and, agreed to do it. Because of the complexity of my case, an abdominal hysterectomy was indicated. I expected that prior to going in; but, wasn't concerned as my fibroids were affecting my quality of life negatively in a major way. At least 2 1/2 weeks per month, I experienced significant fatigue and I was constantly battling anemia. After agreeing to perform the surgery, Dr. Randell ordered tests to get more information. His staff notified me of the results in a very timely manner. Fast Forward to my pre-op visit which my mother attended with me. Again, Dr. Randell reviewed my condition and the plan of treatment. He advised me that my case would be difficult; however, he assured me that he could handle it. His confidence made my mother and I feel much better about the pending surgery. On the day of surgery, Dr. Randell visited with my mother and I. Once again he confirmed that I understood, and was in agreement with the plan of care. Like before, he assured me that I would be fine. After surgery, my mother reported that he immediately recognized her and went to give her the update before the desk could activate her buzzer. This may not seem like a big deal to many; however, it meant a lot to my mother and myself that he remembered her. He shared GREAT NEWS with my mother. My surgery was successful AND I was in recovery doing well. My first memory of Dr. Randell post surgery was the following day beca was a quite pleasant. He was smiling and quite jovial. Dr. Randell confirmed what my mother told me, my surgery was a success. He gave me instructions to follow, and advised me that I would probably go home the following day. I was discharged the following day with clear post-op instructions, a list of warning signs that might indicate complications, and instructions to call immediately if I experienced any of the situations on the list. My post-op visit was very pleasant. Not only did Dr. Randell ask about my health, he inquired about my happiness about the outcome. I currently hold the record for the biggest uterus in the history of his clients. It was a whopping 14 pounds. Now that you know the weight, you have to know how complicated my case was. I'm happy to say that I followed post-op instructions and did NOT experience any complications. My incision healed nicely and still looks well. Dr. Randell cleaned the incision from the previous myomectomy; and, honestly, I think he was very careful to minimize scarring. My incision site was much smaller than I anticipated. In addition to Dr. Randell's expertise as a surgeon, his staff is friendly, courteous and considerate. Although, I'm relocating out of the Atlanta area, I will continue to be a patient of Dr. Randell. The care I received during my experiences make me feel as if it is worth the trip and the wait time. I read reviews about Dr. Randell so I went in expecting to have a wait. My experiences with doctor's visits is that most of the time there is a wait time. Take something to read and relax while you wait. Time is important; but, quality care is much more important than waiting. Just know that you're not waiting because the doctor and staff are goofing off. You're waiting because they are spending time listening to and caring for other patients, just as you would want them to do for you. The staff is human, they can't anticipate that an appointment might last longer than expected. Even though I'm relocating out of state, I will continue use the services of Dr. Randell and his staff.

|  The Best Experience I've Ever Had  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Randell by my current OBGYN. I had huge fibroids that were causing me pain and heavy periods. Dr. Randell was very helpful in explaining what I had by reviewing my MRI with me in his office. He drew pictures of what I had and showed me videos of what the robotic procedure would be to remove just the fibroids and save my uterus. I have never experienced a more comprehensive and detailed visit with a doctor. it is obvious that he is confident, not arrogant and has lots of experience with managing complex cases like mine. The surgery was amazing. I was only in the hospital overnight and was back to work in less than a week. The 4 scars look like small scratches. His staff is awesome too. The are very helpful answering questions, scheduling appointments, and dealing with insurance issues. I am very happy with the experience I had and highly recommend Dr. Randell to everyone.

|  Eh...I shall not return  |  show details
by ALS on Jul 4th, 2013

This doctor comes highly recommended, but I did not like him. I was referred to him by my regular OB/GYN. His staff is very friendly and nurturing. I have no complaints about them. The compliments end there. I waited over 1.5 hours to be seen. I was livid. I never expect to be seen exactly on time for a doctor's appointment, but over an hour? I did not like his bedside manner at all. He came off as a little arrogant, quick to come to a conclusion and he seemed to talk over me before I could complete a thought. I felt no compassion from him. He was unable to do the procedure that my doctor was hoping he could do. This is no slight against him, because we expected that I wasn't a candidate, but wanted to make sure. It was no sweat though, because I wasn't looking forward to working with him anyway. Some doctors are blessed with real compassion and expertise. This doctor just has the expertise ,apparently, not good enough for me.

|  Would NOT recommend  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2013

I had to wait over an hour to be seen. Once the Dr came into room, I felt very rushed and felt that he spoke down to me. He comes across as very arrogant. He did not seem to care about my symptoms but only in doing surgery. He criticized my current GYN several times and my current dr. came highly recommended to me by other physicians. His staff was busy being loud in the hall having personal conversations while I continued to wait. I will not return despite his supposed expertise.

|  Great surgeon--worth the wait!  |  show details
by MP on Jun 26th, 2013

Before my myomectomy by Dr. Randell, I was suffering from periods that lasted 3 weeks or more, and all the other awfulness that comes with fibroids--fatigue, back pain, anemia, painful intercourse, etc. I was skeptical at first, thinking that Dr. R. would be like the doctors over the past few years who prescribed "cures" like bc pills, UFE, etc. I did the UFE. It didn't work. Although my periods shortened to 10 days (before they slowly started lasting longer and longer each month), I had a BI off and on for more than a year due to complications from the UFE. So when I wasn't on my period, I was still suffering from discharge so heavy I had to wear pantiliners. Needless to say, all of this really tested my relationship with my partner. Now, 4 months post myomectomy, my periods are unrecognizable and there is no infection in sight! First period was 10 days, second was 8, third was 7, and the last was only 5! It has been more than 10 years since my cycles were this short and light. Because my cycles are no longer heavy and long, I don't have to take iron supplements and am not anemic. I donated blood for the first time in years last month. Randell did the surgery without opening me up, removing 10 fibroids, including a 7 cm. I have 4 small incisions on my abdomen. This was important to me (although not as important as getting rid of the huge, numerous fibroids) because any cut on my skin will eventually be an ugly keloid. I have more energy, and no pain with sex. Better yet, I still have a chance to conceive b/c my ovaries and uterus are intact. Dr. Randell is amazing and because of that, his patients face a long wait time. If you have an appointment, be prepared to sit for an hour at least before being called back, but know that he is worth it.

|  Dr. Randell Fixed my sister and me!  |  show details
by Harriet Swaray on May 15th, 2013

My experience with Dr. Randell was exceptional and very professional. Dr. Randell and his staff at OBGYN Atlanta come highly recommended by me and family. My sister fibroids were removed in September 2012 and she have no more symptoms and she has her life back without the heavy bleeding monthly. I had a few fibroids in my uterus that caused me a couple of miscarriages and ongoing bleeding monthly. He used robotic procedure and removed the fibroids by making 4 small incisions on March 1st 2013. I can now say that I feel fabulous. Dr. Michael Randell. YOU ROCK! My Sister and I are grateful, Thanks for the job well done. KUDOS!!!

|  My Two Son's with Help from Dr. Randell  |  show details
by Difficult Pregnancy's Great Doctor on Feb 14th, 2013

I had a history of both early and late miscarriages - ten all together and an ectopic pregnancy. Dr. Randell put me on blood thinners & managed two high risk pregnancies through to fruition delivering two amazingly healthy beautiful baby boys. My oldest is now nine and has Down Syndrome and my youngest is seven and typically developing. I feel blessed that I found Dr. Randell. I cannot imagine my life without my two very different and very special boys. Thank you Doctor Randell

|  Great Surgery Experience  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2012

I had a robot assisted laparoscopic surgery for fibroids about 6 weeks ago. The incisions were small. I didn't need my pain meds after 2 days and the best part was that Dr. Randell removed all the fibroids. I've never met anyone so passionate about this procedure. I found him on the internet and was encouraged to see him after reading the reviews. Upon meeting him, I was confident that I was in the right hands. I had been dealing with this condition for over 2 years and I finally feel like my quality of life is being restored. If you're reading this and have issues with fibroids, I highly recommend making an appointment to see Dr. Randell.

Sep 26th, 2012

Great Experience, he is very forward and honest which i appreciate very much. When i first went to him i was scared because i was currently using a Dr. who was not straight forward with me and wanted to try an alternative method of treatment which could have led to cancer, he was very honest and matter-of-fact and took immediate action. I am very thankful for Dr's like Dr. Randell

|  Ovarian Cystectomy  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2012

Dr. Randell was truly a godsend! After seeing two doctors prior and being told that I would lose my last functioning ovary; I was very frustrated. I am so glad that I stumbled onto his website, while trying to locate another doctor referral. During my first visit, he diagnosed the problem and was ready to get the ball rolling. No wishy-washy bed side manner here. He took charge and did what he need to do. Upon removing my large right ovarian mass; he also did an excellent job of removing all the scar tissue that was left behind from my previous surgery. My post op wounds healed extremely fast, with little scaring and minimal pain. I was up and at 'em in no time. In a couple of days I felt as if I hadn't had surgery at all. I would highly recommend Dr. Randell and I am so grateful for his level of expertise. He is truly the BEST!

|  atlhradmin  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2012

Dr. Randell is SIMPLY THE BEST!!!!!!!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE him. On my very 1st visit to him, he listened attentively to my issues and was immediately able to conclude what the diagnosis was when 4 doctors prior to him to me that it was simply a hormone embalance. Dr. Randell was and has been very courteous to me, answered ALL of my questions, and didn't make me feel like something unusual was wrong with me. I LOVE Dr. Randell and I'm glad that he is and always will be my doctor!!!!

|  hysterectomy  |  show details
May 25th, 2012

I was referred to Dr Randall for hysterectomy. During the operation my bladder was cut (he said due to excess scar tissue). A urologist was brought in and fixed problem, but when I returned to my regurlar GYN I found out he has cut into the bladder on more than just me, there were a couple of others that said same thing. Also, let me advise you against Northside Hospital in Atlanta, their Womens Surgery Floor is not safe. The employees on that floor do not make their rounds at night causing possible problems with patients

|  wonderful, accurate care  |  show details
May 7th, 2012

I did wait for my appointment for almost an hour before being seen, however.... I was 15 min late and it was a first appointment. I never expect to be seen right away with any doctor other than the cosmetic surgeon. lolDr. Randell was very professional and accurate in my care and diagnosis. His staff were more than helpful and accomodating. They did everything I asked of hem and more, even working to make next day appointments for me because I live 250 miles away. I drove up because I've been told by a few other doctors that he is the best.

|  Brilliant Gynecologist and Surgeon  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2012

I cannot recommend Dr Randell highly enough. Having been told that a hysterectomy was the best option for my large fibroids, I sought a second opinion from Dr Randell, who came highly recommended on many of the healthcare websites for his knowledge and skill in the use of the "Da Vinci" robotic system . I recently underwent a successful robotic myomectomy, and I cannot thank Dr Randell and his staff enough, for all that they have done for me. At all times Dr Randell was professional and courteous. He listened to, and answered my questions, and took a caring and concerned approach to my care. Andy did a great job at helping me with the insurance side of things, Nurse Michelle was very kind and reassuring, and the staff at Northside Hospital were equally caring and supportive. THANKYOU!

|  DaVinci Hysterectomy  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2011

I highly recommend Dr. Randell. I had my surgery on Tue and by Sun, I only needed regular Tylenol for pain late in the day and had resumed most of my normal activities. My scars resemble only tiny scratches after 6 weeks. I am very, very pleased with the results and I feel so much better!! Dr. Randell and his staff are very professional.

|  He's the Best!  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2011

Dr. Michael Randell is the best Gynecologist on the Planet! Not only does he perform miraculous surgeries most other Doctors wont even attempt and succeed with stellar results, Dr. Randell also brings compassion, a keen eye, open spirit and unequaled attention to detail. He treats the entire person and not just the diagnosis and Jenny & Andi are an extra bonustheyre fantastic!Doctor after Doctor insisted that all they could do for me was a Hysterectomy. I was determined to find a Doctor who understood the importance of me keeping my uterus unless my life was in absolute jeopardy. I finally found Dr. Randell and he was well worth the wait. On July 27 Dr. Randell removed 37 fibroids and reconstructed my uterus. They dont live here anymore because Dr. Randell gave them their eviction papers and gave me my body back. To say I am eternally grateful does not begin to cover what I feel. The closest word would be RESCUED! Thank you Dr. Randell!!!

Sep 9th, 2011

-Staff is unfriendly. I also felt rushed, and as if the staff didn't care to hear about the reason I came.

|  Terrific Doctor and Wonder Colleague  |  show details
by SusieATL75 at Citysearch on Aug 26th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I have been a patient of Dr. Randell`s for 10 years. I am also a physician. I can say without reservation that Dr. Randell is one of the best doctors I know. He delivered both of my children. I always felt that I was in great hands. Many doctors today are too busy to answer questions or explain things to patients, but Dr. Randell is different. He makes sure that his patients understand everything. He`s very intelligent, compassionate, and detailed-- all important qualities of a terrific doctor. I send a lot of my patients to him and everyone tells me how thrilled they are to have been referred to such a wonderful doctor. In addition to his busy practice, I know that Dr. Randell is also a sought after educator. I have attended several of his lectures and I am always amazed at how much he knows. Today at my appointment we were talking about online reviews of doctors and I told him that I was upset about having received some negative reviews. Dr. Randell shared with me that he has too. I decided to check for myself and was surprised to read the other review that is here. This is why I am writing a review of Dr. Randell. You need to feel comfortable with your doctor and a doctor may not always be a good fit with every patient. All I know is that Dr. Randell is extremely compassionate, honest, and thoughtful. He doesn`t sugar-coat things, so that may come across as \"talking down,\" but he certainly provides the best care for his patients and he cares a lot about everything he does. My choice for the number one obgyn in Atlanta is Dr. Randell.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Caring, Compassionate, and Capable  |  show details
Aug 25th, 2011

Dr. Randell is always available for his patients. Very professional. Straight forward. Takes care of problems with attention to the smallest detail. Truly an amazing person. Wish all doctors cared about what they do like Dr. Randell does. Came in with a very large fibroid and within 5 days he had me scheduled for surgery. I was out of the hospital the following morning and was back to work in 1 week. Small scars and no pain. How does he do it? Andi and Jenny in the office are delightful as well. 5 stars to this great doctor.

|  One of a kind  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2011

A bad review of Dr. Randell makes no sense to me. He is truly one of a kind. The most dedicated doctor I have ever met. My gynecologist referred me to him because she does not perform the surgery I needed and wanted (robotic myomectomy). At my first visit he had already reviewed all of my medical records and my MRI films. He then showed me videos of the surgery that I was going to have and explained what I was likely to experience in the postoperative timeframe. At my preoperative visit he once again explained everything in detail to me and patiently answered all of my questions. On the day of surgery he saw me before I was taken to the operating room and reviewed everything again with me and my husband. After surgery he met with my husband and showed him pictures of the surgery. That evening he checked on me in the recovery area and the following morning he checked on me again before sending me home. He even called me the next day to see how I was doing. My recovery was so easy and I didn't need pain medications after the second day. I returned to work after my myomectomy in 1 week. At the postop visit he showed me pictures from the surgery and explained everything to me. I was happy to show him belly with tiny incisions that looked like a paper cut. I'm excited to say that I'm now pregnant (been trying for 5 years). I know that without Dr. Randell's excellent care, I would still be trying. He's the best obgyn in Atlanta and I'm proud to know him and write a wonderful review that he has earned and deserves. Thank you, Dr. Randell.

|  uhm  |  show details
by babygirl on Jun 1st, 2011

dr randell is a great doctor, he knows what he is doing, but he is always in a rush and he dont care, he just get to the point and leave

|  Doesn't get better than this  |  show details
Jan 2nd, 2011

Dr. Randell provides exceptional care to his patients. He has delivered three of my children. I trust him with everything he does knowing that he cares first and foremost for his patient's well being. He's detailed, comprehensive, straight forward, and knows what he is doing. Doesn't second guess himself and takes action when necessary.

Jan 1st, 2011

Dr. Randell is the best obgyn in Atlanta!

Apr 27th, 2010

Good at what he does..horrible personality..and definitely LACKS compassion!

|  If you`re looking for the best OBGY look no further Dr. Randell is the man!  |  show details
by Shayla Reid at MerchantCircle on Apr 25th, 2010 on merchantcircle.com

I must admit I`m a skeptic!. I searched endlessly for the perfect doctor. I wasn`t keen on seeing several different doctors during my pregnancy as I wanted a personal relationship with one doctor. This led me to my search for the best OBGYN private practice. I read many reviews about Dr. Randell and have to admit I actually thought some were written by employees or bogus because the reviews were great. I thought, this guy can`t be this good but if he is, he`s the doc that I need to deliver my precious baby I have to admit it took me a few visits before I decided I actually liked Dr. Randell. I contemplated finding a different doctor but my husband insisted I stay and boy am I glad I did. As my pregnancy progressed so did my appreciation for Dr Randell. Delivery was a breeze & so was my recovery. My scar..OMG..what scar Dr Randell is not the most personable doc there is but heck neither am I. I had to weight that against his skill-set. He`s excellent at what he does & knows it!

|  Don`t DO IT!!!!  |  show details
by Anonymous at MerchantCircle on Apr 6th, 2010 on merchantcircle.com

Horrible experience!!!This man writes his own reviews looked at the other reviews on this site and by my experience I truly believe ALL of the positive reviews he wrote himself. EVERY SINGLE NEGATIVE REVIEW I SAW ON LINE I EXPERIENCED IN MY FIRST AND LAST OFFICE VISIT!! sat naked on the table for an hour even though I was an hour early,exam 1.5 min no bedside manor, rude, disrespectful could get specific but don`t have enough space.I cried when I left the office he was horrible!!!! If he is so great why is his waiting room so empty Why is it so easy to book this great doctor Because he creates his own hype, that`s why!and when you schedule they ask you for a credit card just in case you cancel they charge 35.who dose that someone who can`t keep patients that`s who! I found a great obgyn She is great!! I would put her name but I don`t want to cause a conflict.. but she`s in atlanta you can go to yelp.com and type obgyn doctors I did research this practice and their reviews wh

|  I CAN`T EVEN SEE MY SCAR AND ITS ONLY BEEN 6 WEEKS!!!!  |  show details
by Desirae at MerchantCircle on Mar 5th, 2010 on merchantcircle.com

Okay. I went through 6 months of hell. Four doctors wanted to just take my uterus out. I am 38 years old! I dont want a hysterectomy! But I was about to give up. My periods were horrible, I looked 4 months pregnant all of the time, the pressure and pain in that area was just wretched. Well, I met Dr. Randell and he wanted no parts of my uterus! He was able to take out my large grapefruit sized fibroid and another orange sized large cystic mass on my left ovary, that was benign, thank God. He gave me an abdominal miomectomy with a 3.5 inch incision that I can barely see! He was informative, supportive and great. I just got back in the office 6 weeks after my surgery and I showed at least 8 women my scar. They were like, That`s nothing!! I was like, I know!!!! Dr. Randell is a perfectionist. After 6 months of other doctors making me feel horrible, he was very reassuring, clear, and I was excited after our consultation. I had my surgery 2 weeks later. It was a fantastic experience.

|  5 Stars For A Great OB  |  show details
by BakerofCake01 on Sep 2nd, 2009 on kudzu.com

I just delivered my third baby and can't say enough about how grateful I am that Dr. Randell has been there each time. THANK YOU DR. RANDELL!!!! I feel blessed that he has taken such good care of me through three difficult pregnancies. He is one of the best docs I've ever gone to. He is on top of everything. I'm impressed that he is always available and even returns phone calls and emails himself. His approach is very comforting. I highly recommend him to all of my friends and coworkers. I won't be having any more babies (he took care of that for me) but I will continue to see him for gynocology. Maybe he'll end up doing one of those robotic hysterectomys that I hear he is very good at.

|  My Favorite Doctor is Dr. Randell  |  show details
by MedTech076 on May 1st, 2009 on kudzu.com

I have been going to Dr. Randell for several years. He delivered both my children. He is so kind and knowledgable and is always willing to listen. So many of my friends also go to him. He performed my Mom's surgery and she has a great experience. It's obvious that he loves what he does and does it all very well. We all love him.

|  Expecting Mother Beware!  |  show details
by SundanceDawg on Apr 30th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Expecting a baby, I was referred to Dr. Randell because I was seeking a Dr. with a smaller practice and the ability to offer personal ized care. Unfortunately, Dr. Randell did not live up to the billing. If it was only the on average 2 hour wait times, I may have been able to suffer through. However, Dr. Randell has quite an ego- condescending, arrogant and offers a horrific bedside manner. He does not have an RN on his office staff and his team is given no decision making ability (checking blood pressure, taking samples, documenting medical information, faxing medical records) because Dr. Randell does not delegate and has to control everything, which prevents him from providing quality care. If you are considering Dr. Randell, my advice is to do your shopping- you┐ll be much happier in the long run that you did. I am happy to report that I have since switched to a new Dr. who offers the care expected of the medical profession!

|  I've found the best Gynecologist in Atlanta!!  |  show details
by ButterfliesandZebras on Apr 8th, 2009 on kudzu.com

During my pre-surgery consultation with Dr. Randell to discuss my upcoming laparascopic myomectoy (removal of uterine fibroids) I brought my brother along for a second opinion -- he's also a physician. After the consultation we both felt extremely confidend that Dr. Randell was the best doctor to perform my procedure. The procedure was quick and easy and I recovered very quickly. I only took two days off from work. Both incisions were very small and expertly done because today (six weeks post surgery) I have no scars at all... the work of an excellent surgeon! Dr. Randell is very professional and thorough (he picked up on this during my first examination with him... something my previous Gynecoloist missed). Besides being an excellent doctor - taking extreme care and pride in his work - he's also very easy to talk to. I'm glad I found him.

|  Great doctor, but...  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Oct 23rd, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Impressive from the beginning  |  show details
by davilyna on Oct 8th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I read all the excellent reviews online about this doctor and I decided to make an appointment after putting off necessary surgery for several years. The lady answering the phone at the office was pleasant and professional. She answered all of my questions and made an appointment for me with ease. I was able to be seen as soon as I arrived for my appointment since I completed all of the papers from the web. Dr. Randell was very kind and talked to me and my husband about all of my options. He showed us pictures to decribe the surgery I needed and even showed us a video on his iphone of a similar surgery he did. My husband and I were very impressed with his detailed discussion before and after my exam. What is really amazing is that I also need another kind of surgery at the same time as my hysterectomy and Dr. Randell personally called the other surgeon and arranged everything himself in minutes. I have never received such great care and I told Dr. Randell that I was going to write a review to say so.

|  A real wonderful OB  |  show details
by lovinmybaby on Oct 6th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I agree with the last reveiw. My experience with Dr. Randell was GREAT. I've never seen a doctor care so much about his patients. Dr. Randell's medical knowledge is tops. He is easy to talk to and explains everything. In the weeks leading up to my delivery Dr. Randell talked with me and my husband about our labor plan and he gave us a lot of instructions and direction as this was our first baby. I always found Dr. Randell upbeat and friendly except for one time when he appeared tired following a weekend oncall when he delivered a lot of babies. This Doc works hard and really cares about his patients. It shows in every thing he does. I'm loving my baby. Thank you, Dr. Randell

|  Great doctor, but...  |  show details
by MsBriBee on Oct 5th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Randell is thorough, skilled & straightforward. He listed to my questions, concerns and desires for my delivery and gave me the delivery experience that I hoped for! I had not one single complaint about my delivery with Dr. randell. That being said, you never know what you're going to get when it comes to his mood & bedside manner. Sometimes his funny & friendly, other times he is serious and almost condescending. (My husband and I took the approach that we weren't choosing a doctor based on his conversation skills...but everybody looks at things differently.) And yes, it's true that sometimes you do have to wait past your appointment time, but I think that is to be expected from a single doctor OB/GYN practice, and the staff was good about calling ahead to notify me, if they were running behind. Overall, Dr. Randell is a great OB/GYN, but if you are looking for a upbeat and friendly doctor...you might want to keep searching.

|  Not the best  |  show details
by artcollector on Sep 12th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I'm not sure why this doctor is considered one of the best? My experience with this doctor was not that good. The first question on his forms was what religion I belonged to, which I found strange and I have never been asked this by any doctor and maybe because I left that space blank, I got bad service from him? You can do better than this doctor. I waited for a long long time and I was never called by the office with the results of my pap. The doctor was cold and impersonal and rushed.

|  Worst OB experience  |  show details
by 768Ireland on Sep 3rd, 2008 on kudzu.com

I went to Dr. Randell as he was the "supposed best doctor in Atlanta" based on the web. I highly disagree! I was having troubles conceiving and went to Dr. Randell for help. His time was very rushed and he has a very BIG EGO. He ran some standard tests and decided I needed a hystosalpinogram performed to see if I had any blockage with my ovaries. He did the test and I was in extreme pain afterwards and was told that I should not hurt (very much from a man's point of view). I was truly in pain and cried for 20 minutes before I could move. The Dr. did not even instruct me to take Tylenol as most others would have before the procedure as I later found out. The worst thing is that he missed that I had a septate uterus abnormality. The next doctor I went to found this on the first ultrasound performed and I soon after had corrective surgery. Within 2 months of the surgery, I was pregnant with my first child. I am so glad I changed doctors!

|  By far the BEST in Atlanta!  |  show details
by cyntyoung on Apr 15th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I was introduced to Dr. Randell in 2004 when I did a google on "Top OBGYN in Atlanta". I had been diagnosed with fibroids at the time and was given treatment options that I didn't necessarily want to pursue. In 9/04, Dr. Randell performed an abdominal myomectomy removing 8 fibroids from my uterus. Three yrs later I had an HSG test done, and when the doctors looked at my uterine cavity they could not even tell that I ever had surgery removing that many fibroids. He is by far the best doctor any woman can ask for. He is patient, provides that warm and fuzzy feeling, shows a great deal of empathy through listening, and just an overall pleasant person. Jenny and Andy are great staff supports. A great value!

|  Caring Doctor  |  show details
by jillbythesea on Feb 16th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr Randell is my favorite doctor...he is very caring. I feel I can trust him and his office with taking care of me and my baby.I like it that he talks to me and my husband (my husband likes him too) about what's happening with my pregnancy during each visit. My other gynecologist who doesn't deliver babies referred me to him. Dr. Randell takes time at each visit to ask me how I'm feeling. I cant wait to have my baby in a few weeks. Other patients I've talked to in the waiting room says that he's great in the labor room too. He has a great webpage with alot of great information. I recommend him whole heartedly.

|  Great Doc. Great practice. Great staff  |  show details
by GUH31267 on Dec 22nd, 2007 on kudzu.com

I was tired of going to a large obgyn practice with a bunch of doctors and one of my neighbors who works at Northside Hospital recommended Dr. Randell because he is in solo practice without any other doctors and he has a great reputation. She was right about going to see him. The experience has been wonderful. He's smart, personable, professional, and very pleasant, unlike other doctors I have seen with no bedside manner. I've never had a doctor talk to me first in their office before examining me. Dr. Randell explained what was going on with me and even drew a picture for me. The examination included an ultrasound that he did himself (amazing). Dr. Randall sent me for some other tests and then called me himself to go over the results. I'm very impressed at how professional his office staff is. They greet me by name and know who I am whenever I call. The service and care you get from Dr. Randell and his staff is like what you get at a 5 star hotel, that is what one of the other patients said in the waiting room when I was there a few weeks ago. I couldn't be happier.

|  NOT what i expected....  |  show details
by WHITESTAR on Nov 11th, 2007 on kudzu.com

I went to Dr.Randell's office after tons of research online..figured how could i go wrong with one of the top obgyn's in atlanta?!..well i went wrong..i waited over 2 hours..and then had a very rushed appointment..wasnt told what was being done and why...just not a good experience at all :-(

|  Great OB/GYN Practice  |  show details
by georgiabirdgirl on Oct 2nd, 2007 on kudzu.com

I found Dr. Randell after leaving another OB/GYN practice that always upset me with the ridiculous waits and impersonal service. Dr. Randell delivered my daughter and I couldn't be happier with how well it all went. The staff is very friendly and remembers you by name. The only drawback is that he seems to be getting busy and the wait times are pretty long sometime. I usually ask the desk to schedule me on a day that's not typically busy to avoid waiting too long. UPDATE: Wait times have only gotten worse. I recently waited in the exam room for over 45 min. and this was after waiting in the waiting area for 30 min. There were no other patients in the wait room at the time. When the Doctor FINALLY came in there was no explanation. The real problem was that I could hear him meeting with a drug rep in the room next door most of the time. Not exactly ideal!

|  Final Grade  |  show details
by dligent on Sep 25th, 2007 on kudzu.com

After a few more visits, here is the truth as I have experienced it. He is a good doctor. However, when dealing with more than the usual annual visits, you may find that you prefer someone with less of an ego, less rushed and with bedside manner; You then realize that having a doctor that takes the time to listen, and actually cares is an important part of your medical needs. Your call.

|  The Best Of The Best  |  show details
by oneofakindesq on Aug 11th, 2007 on kudzu.com

I love my gynecologist, but when I needed a hysterectomy she recommended that I see Dr. Randell. I am so very happy that I was referred to him. He is great. He did my surgery using a robot and I was home the next day. I was out and about two days later without any pain. The experience was wonderful. I have sent several of my friends and coworkers to see him and they all rave about the personal attention that they got from him and his kind staff. It's refreshing to see in today's medical world that there is a doctor who truely cares about what he does for his patients.

|  Dr. Randell is the best obgyn in Atlanta  |  show details
by Maggie D. at Judy`sBook on Mar 18th, 2007 on judysbook.com

After switching to Dr. Randell half way through my pregnancy, I quickly learned that his practice was very different than where I was going for the first half of my pregancy. His employees are courteous and very helpful, and they know my n...

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
 |  Highly Recommended  |  show details
by pattyr on Mar 12th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Randell is the best OBGYN in Atlanta. I have been to many other doctors in Atlanta who couldn't figure out what was happening to me. Dr. Randell took the time to listen to my complaints, got the right tests done, and sucessfully performed my surgery. Now, I'm feeling great. I appreciate everything he did for me. I have sent many of my co-workers to him and they all agree that he is great! I also feel that his staff is wonderful too. They are very helpful with scheduling appointments, getting prescriptions refilled, and answering my questions. One last thing... his office is new and beautiful.

by lisareview on Dec 24th, 2006 on citysearch.com

Dr. Randell is tops on my list. He is intelligent, funny, warm, compassionate, and very thorough. He delivered both of my children and performed my hysterectomy without having to open me up. It's nice to go to a Doctor who knows his patients and gives

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Not too Good  |  show details
by qsis2006 on May 4th, 2006 on kudzu.com

Very Rushed. . not personable. Acts as if you should already know the answers to your questions (If I did, I wouldn't be asking them. . .duhh). May be good for some people. . .not moi!

|  Best obgyn in Atlanta  |  show details
by kudzuatlanta on Dec 27th, 2005 on kudzu.com

I moved to Atlanta from New York and found Dr. Randell by searching on Google for "Top, OBGYN, Atlanta." I have to say that I did find a top obgyn in Atlanta. I have never had a doctor who personally calls me back whenever I have a question and always calls me to inform me of test results. He is very compassionate and spends a lot of time with me during my visits. Since Dr. Randell is in solo practice, he gets to know his patients and is always available for them. His office staff is wonderful too. I can't wait to have another baby.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  good but not the best  |  show details
by evkawi on Dec 16th, 2005 on kudzu.com

pleased with my 1st visit. Dr was nice & professional, his assistant as well, the office staff needs to brush up on friendliness a bit. Timeliness is a minus. Always end up waiting 30min. My recent visits were kind of rushed. No big talks or questions. It┐s OK but I┐ve learned to expect a more personal experience from dr in Europe.

|  Wonderful Ob/GYN  |  show details
by Belinda on Sep 12th, 2005 on kudzu.com

I highly recommend Dr. Randell. I found him by searching for top obgyns in Atlanta and came across his website, www.obgynatlanta.com. I have sent many of my friends and co-workers to him and everyone thinks he's great! He spends time with his patients and encourages his patients to ask questions. And, I'm impressed that he personally calls all of his patients with the results of tests!