Dr. Michael Randell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

November 22nd, 2016
Thanks Dr. Randall, you are the best!
You owe it to yourself to get a second opinion from Dr. Randall. I had a very large fibroid tumor that was attached to the outside of my uterus. My OBGYN told me I would need a hysterectomy and that it would be a c-section or a vertical incision. I contacted Dr. Randall’s office for an appointment. Dr. Randall reviewed all my records. He said I was a candidate for a robotic hysterectomy. I felt really good about his experience and I scheduled the surgery. After surgery, Dr. Randall said the tumor was bigger than he thought and I was a challenging case. He said that no one in the OR thought he could do the procedure robotically. However, he did it successfully and I only had two small incisions on my abdomen. I have had some post-op questions and Dr. Randall called me personally to answer them. My recovery was fast and I was back at work in 2 weeks and 4 days. Dr. Randall is an expert and uses a top quality hospital. I highly recommend this surgeon!

November 14th, 2016
Dr. Randell is excellent!
I believe Dr Randell is by far one of the best surgeons for Robotic Myomectomy. In September I travelled from England to Atlanta to meet Dr. Randell to obtain treatment for fibroids. I always said to myself that I was looking for a doctor that could genuinely tell me that all is possible. I wanted a confident surgeon with great communication skills and most of all one with courage to do what others say would be too difficult. The moment Dr. Randell looked at my MRI and said “I can do this” I smiled, knowing I had found the right doctor. I was really impressed by Dr. Randell’s professionalism, confidence and ability to assure me that I was with the very best. I had been searching for months for that assurance that no other doctor could give me. I had my surgery a week after my consultation and guess what! All 13 fibroids removed and one cyst on ovary. I know that most Robotic Surgeons would not have been able to remove every fibroid and keep ovary intact. The exceptional aftercare and genuine compassion from Dr.Randell was amazing. I felt like I had a doctor that genuinely cared about my comfort and wellbeing. The staff were efficient scheduling my consultation and surgery. Dr. Randell went above and beyond my expectations. I would absolutely recommend him to any woman who is seeking to have Robotic Myomectomy surgery. Thank you Dr. Randell! I will never ever forget everything you did for me.

November 14th, 2016
Dr. Randell is excellent!
I believe Dr Randell is by far one of the best surgeons for Robotic Myomectomy. In September I travelled from England to Atlanta to meet Dr. Randell to obtain treatment for fibroids. I always said to myself that I was looking for a doctor that could genuinely tell me that me that all is possible. I wanted a confident surgeon with great communication skills and most of all one with the courage to do what others say would be too difficult. I arrived with my MRI disc taken a day before and ready to hear his thoughts. The moment Dr. Randell looked at my MRI and said “I can do this” I smiled, knowing I had found the right doctor. I was really impressed by Dr. Randell’s professionalism, confidence and ability to assure me that I was with the very best. I had been searching for months for that assurance that no other doctor could give me. I had my surgery a week after my consultation and guess what! All 13 fibroids removed and one cyst on ovary. I know that most Robotic Surgeons would not have been able to remove every single fibroid and keep ovary intact. The exceptional aftercare and genuine compassion from Dr.Randell was amazing. I felt like I had a doctor that genuinely cared about my comfort and wellbeing. The staff were efficient scheduling my consultation and surgery. Dr. Randell went above and beyond my expectations. I would absolutely recommend him to any woman who is seeking to have Robotic Myomectomy surgery. Thank you Dr. Randell! I will never ever forget everything you did for me.

September 20th, 2016
Competent surgeon but be sure to get detail of any charges requiring upfront payment and review with your insurance provider. Dealing with billing issues on the backside is difficult at best!

August 21st, 2016
Excellent results and experience
After visiting 3 other doctors who told me my only option for removing my fibroids was a hysterectomy, I decided to look for an alternative. I am 31 years old, have not had children, and wanted to be able to have children one day. One of the other teachers at my school told me about Dr. Randell. I researched him and was impressed by what I read and decided to make an appointment. He spent more than an hour with me and my boyfriend during my first visit (and my two other visits) and assured me with confidence that I didn't need a hysterectomy. I felt relieved that my prayers had been answered. His friendly staff helped me set up my MRI and scheduled my surgery at the hospital. They also helped me with my insurance. At first I was concerned that the office was not in network with my insurance,and I was going to have to pay everything up front, but that wasn't a big deal because I had good out of network insurance. I thought it would be real expensive, but it only cost me about $4800 out of my pocket. The huge bill from the hospital was completely paid by insurance. My surgery went good. He removed all of my fibroids without opening me. Hardly had pain and was back on my feet in days. Trust me ladies, Dr. Randell is the best guy to see for fibroids. I know it, because I've been to the other doctors. He knows he is the bomb because he is!!!! The only negative thing I can say it that I had to wait more than an hour each time i came to the office. It was ok, because he then spent as much time with me as I needed. I am so happy with the entire experience. I have my uterus without any fibroids! 5 stars ***** to Dr. Randell and team!

July 19th, 2016
Horrible Experience
He is knowledge however his ego, greed for money, lack of beside manners and incompetent staff out shadows his knowledge. Being a patient of his for the short time was extremely stressful, uncomfortable and troubling. It's hard to trust someone has your best interest at heart if the first thing they ask you for is money even before knowing your case. My intial visit was horrible I walked into a very cold environment, his staff had the glass window closed, no one greeted me for 15 mins even after knocking a few times...just to close it again. I waited 2 hour before being call back and a 1 hour wait in the room before seeing him. Dr. Randall was extremely rough and egotistical. His staff is unfriendly and seem unhappy in their jobs. Of course it was easy to get an appointment but then your trapped because you have to pay upfront. He may be good but I understand he is not the best. There are other doctors in Atlanta that provide the same type of surgery but with better Customer Service...I wish someone had told me before my journey. I refused to go back for my post-op.

June 10th, 2016
Find another OB/gyn....I did
Very knowledgeable but apparently all about the money. I have never been asked to pay money upfront prior to having services rendered. He does not accept insurance so you are forced to pay cash or credit for all visits. Front desk lady is clueless. Wait time in lobby is unreal with no apologies or good reasons. Find another Dr who cares about patients. They have no consideration for your time. He is good and he knows it but I am certain there are better Dr's with much better bedside manner and less ego.

June 5th, 2016
Dr. Randell is a phenomenal doctor! He removed my numerous fibroids and left my uterus in tact. When I visited other doctors including those at The Mayo Clinic and Duke University hospital, among others, they said that was impossible! All things are possible when you have a smart doctor.

January 7th, 2016
Very skilled surgeon. My fibroid myectomy was a 4 hr surgery and it went successfully. He was able to successful remove all fibroids; including the very large ones and I was able to move around the house within a week. Very minimal scaring on my belly,

December 6th, 2015
Does Impressive Work..... No Warm and Fuzzy
I was surprised at how quickly I was able to get an appointment with Dr. Randell's office. I was really disappointed when I waited over 2 hours to see him. At the same time, he came highly recommended, so I continued to wait. Dr. Randell is very knowledgeable and confident in his abilities. Very important when you are considering going under the knife. I have to admit I had my concerns when with each appointment it seemed as if he was looking at my information for the first time. He would review his notes, so I knew he did detail important information. That part of his practice made me feel more like a number than a patient. However, at the end of the day, I wanted the job done well. I wasn't planning on inviting his office over for dinner. Dr. Randell did a fantastic job. I, along with my family, was impressed on the work that was done and my minimal recovery time. I was up and about in less than 1 week.... as promised by Dr. Randell.

October 25th, 2015
I love my doctor !

May 27th, 2015
Top Doc In ATL
Ladies, before you have a hysterectomy please see Dr. Randell first. I have my life back. He removed numerous fibroids and recovery was short. In 4 weeks I was mobile. Bedside manners was excellent and I received the best care from his team. Put your trust in a surgeon who truly cares.