Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Thankful and grateful show details Thankful and grateful
by Stacey W on Feb 27th, 2015

I don't usually go on line and share comments but my experience after going to others was so good I had to go online. Dr Rieber was very empathetic and in a very relaxed manor made me feel very good. I've been a nurse for 15 years and never experienced such a great and knowledgable Dr. I had a surgery done in NY and it didn't go well. Dr Rieber revised the surgery and I'm great. Love him and his practice.

So happy show details So happy
by Jonathan on Feb 6th, 2015

Went to dr Rieber after I was butchered u a different Dr. Wasn't happy about having another surgery, but omg! So much better. Great experience. It was fantastic from start to finish.

Disrespectful and poor surgery results. show details Disrespectful and poor surgery results.
Jan 30th, 2015

Disrespectful doctor. Had surgery and had poor results. Got the impression while waiting my turn on surgery day this doctor rushes surgery as he did multiple surgeries in a short amount of time. Didn't take my post surgery concerns seriously. Not happy about results and won't go back to this doctor.

Awful Experience with Dr. Rieber show details Awful Experience with Dr. Rieber
Jan 10th, 2015

I was referred to this doctor by my orthopedist, after being treated by numerous modalities for 13 months, S/P fall on ice outdoors.. Rieber entered the exam room with 2 other people. He didn't introduce himself or the others, OR address me by name. He started by chastising me for wearing the wrong garment for a knee exam. I had expected being offered a gown. He didn't listen to my responses. He asked, "WHAT crepitus?". The crunching sound and loud popping sound can be heard across the room. He did a terrible, very brief history and physical examination of my knee. (I was NEVER offered that robe. How could he properly examine my knee? He said the EXACT same thing to me as he did to the patient in the adjoining exam room (bad acoustics), word for word. I heard him interrupt her, as well, and completely disregard our complaints .Dr. Rieber, in his arrogant style asked me, "What? Do you WANT surgery? Hey! I'm a surgeon. I LOVE to do surgery." Awful bedside manner, terrible listening skills, completely disrespectful. Of course, I saw my orthopedist the following day to discuss my experience, as usual a complete gentleman and skilled physician. By the way, I am a Registered Professional Nurse, with a Master of Nursing degree, licensed in both New York and New Jersey. I have a diverse clinical background and have worked in top teaching hospitals, since 1977. I was an auditor for the Joint Commission for 17 years, while maintaining clinical practice. I say this because in 37 years of practice as an RN, I can honestly and proudly claim that I treated each patient with respect and a listening ear.

The worst doctor EVER show details The worst doctor EVER
Nov 20th, 2014

The worst Dr. I have ever been to. He called me obese, a drug addict, that my complaints were all in my head. I had a hip replacement done by him, and 4 years later, I still can't walk on my leg. I have excruciating pain every minute of everyday. I wouldn't recommend this Dr. To my worst enemy!!!

Grateful patient show details Grateful patient
by Stephen g on Aug 31st, 2013

From the start dr Rieber and his PA both came in with a smile and greeting that put my wife and I at ease. The conservative approach was refreshing as the other docs I've seen in the past seem to only want to operate. Needless to say I feel great and am grateful I went and saw dr Rieber. 2 thumbs up.

Weekend warrior show details Weekend warrior
Aug 16th, 2011

Dr. Rieber, his staff, and physician assistant, were a breath of fresh air. No stuffy shirt, just very insightful and delightful, which is normally difficult to say about a doc. I've sent family and friends with only great things to say.