Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

|  Offensive Staff  |  show details
by Mark Belleau on Sep 14th, 2013

This is concerning the Lake Wales office and is not directed at Dr Rooney, but his staff. I began injections on 4 September, where I revceived my test injection and immunization injection. On 10 September I received another immunization injection and was told I had to wait 15 minutes before I left the building. I remarked that I've been taking injections for 16 years and it wasn't neccessary. The young lady injecting me became somewhat hostile and said it was necessary for me to wait. I admit waiting about 5 minutes and left. Three days later I received a call threatening that I would not get any injections if I do not wait 15 minutes. On 18 September I went to get my immunization and the young man holding the syringe threatened that I won't get the injection because I didn't wait the last time, and I will have to come back again. I told him to give me the shot and I will wait the 15 minutes, which I did do! Two days later I get a phone call telling me since I haven't waited the required 15 minutes I will have to make a Doctor's appointment before I am able to get any more immunizations. I believe this was the punishment phase of this senario! When I said I had waited the required 15 minutes, I was told I had to have a nurse check me before I left, or in other words, she assumed I was lying as that is false information. To me, this complete episode seemed trivial and so many assumptions and lies were told by staff, that the whole thing seemed ridiculous. If you are reading this Dr Rooney, your staff needs training in communications skills as it's apparent they lack in that area. I felt abused, threatened and intimidated by their behavior and I am currently seeking another facility for my immunizations.

|  Horrible experience with the Sebring office.  |  show details
by Rhiannon on Jul 8th, 2013

I recently had allergy testing done at the Barranco clinic. When they called to set up my apt., they told me I would only be responsible for my $55 copay. I later received a call saying that they "read my insurance" wrong and that I was responsible for $285. I later received a bill in the mail for $504! I called an explained that I NEVER would have agreed to the testing had I known it was going to cost me so much. They basically said that there was nothing they could do and that if I didn't pay it, they would send me to collections.

|  OFFICE STAFF UNPROFFESSIONAL  |  show details
by Amanda on Jul 1st, 2013

I Finally got up the nerve to even call an ENT to be seen because what I think I may have is throat cancer and I have been avoiding the thought of it. BUT my sore throat does not go away so I decided to call. A lady answered and I told her I needed an appt. and she transferred me to someone else and that lady transferred me again. I then sat on hold for 32. minutes and was refusing to hang up when finally a recording came on and stated that "they are now closed"!! I do not appreciate being put on hold for someone to never come back. They will be hearing from me tomorrow.