Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Went to see him for debilitating migraines.  |  show details
by Marla Mailman on Nov 30th, 2014

I had to wait 1 hour to see him. If I had known that he was going to tell me that he couldn't help me and left me hanging I would of never wasted my time. He is the worst doctor I have ever encountered! I had to sit there and listen to him record everything I said, and then tell me our time was up, after I waited 1 hour. Please take my advice, don't waste you time and money. Their are better doctor's out there that will take the time to listen and not just dismiss you like he did to me.

|  show details
Nov 18th, 2014

My mom and i have been going to doctor rossen for at least two years now and do not like him. He is not personable and when he comes to talk to you in your appointment he never really makes a diagnosis. We both get chronic migraines and doctor rossen has not been able to figure out a treatment. Also while you are in an appointment he records everything you are saying rather than discussing everything with you. Overall if we can find another neurologist we will change.

|  patient  |  show details
by T.O on Nov 6th, 2013

after being bounced to 3 different doctors in the practice i requested to see rossen again to try to focus on my migraines and recent MRI showing Chiari malformation..what a mistake! he wouldnt even address the mri results with me or acknowledge the malformation. didnt even CONSIDER it as the cause of my migraines, even tho i have all the "symtpoms" as someone with this conditon. he shrugged off my questions about it, saying it was nothing. He AGAIN referred me back to another dr in the practice to discuss the migraines (what i was there for that day!!) he then suggested i try taking a migraine med i tried already that gave me numb hands and slurred speech saying "maybe you just learn to live with the side effects"....WHAT?? im attempting to see a dr carl heilman in boston (great revies btw)about my recent MRI to hopefully find a better, more open minded neuro md to actually try and HELP me and not pass me around and and leave me hopeless

|  Not the Doctor for Me!  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2013

I have never 'fired' a doctor before...but I 'fired' Dr. Rossen. He is rude, abrupt, and very egotistical. He is very intelligent, but that is not all a doctor is required to be. He diagnosed me with a very rare, terminal illness on my first visit. A Boston specialist told me that was just wrong and should never have happened. In fact, the specialist actually called Dr. Rossen about his diagnosis from another room while my husband and I were in another room. He said "Dr. Rossen did some serious backpedaling". He caused me and my family six months of extreme emotional stress. I am not going back. Will find another local neuro to work in conjunction with my Boston specialist.

|  Patient  |  show details
Mar 16th, 2013

Dr. Rossen has distinguished himself in many ways academically albeit he does not listen to patients and he is extremely arrogant and condescending. Dr.Rossen's office recently terminated my care because I had a procedure done with another physician. Dr. Rossen totally abandoned me as a patient when I was developing critical symptons and his office staff, under his direction, refused to refer me to a collegue or another neurologist. Currently, I am symtomatic and without a neurologist. I feel that their is a disconnect for Dr. Rossen between knowledge of patient care and the actual delivery of patient care services.

|  Doesn't listen  |  show details
May 23rd, 2012

Dr. Rossen didn't seem to want to hear what I had to say. He put me through two very painful tests but would not visually examine the areas where I had pain and very visible swelling. He also brushed off questions with very pat and condescending answers. Not the doctor for me!

|  Very Intelligent Doctor  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2012

I found Dr. Rossen to be very intelligent and respectful. He helped by prescribing a new migraine medication that has significantly changed my life. He also was very helpful regarding post herpetic neuralgia. He respected the fact that I didn't want to take daily medication for this issue and was able to suggest many alternatives, including a clinical trial. Dr. Rossen is both a PhD. and an M.D. I was pleased to find such a competent doctor in the Springfield area -- they are rare, it seems. I highly recommend Dr. Rossen and look forward to continuing to work with him.

|  Great Experience  |  show details
Dec 24th, 2011

I'm not sure about the other review here and what that patient experienced, but I can say my experience with Dr. Rossen was completely different. First of all, the man has both a Ph.D. and an M.D.; he's highly intelligent. When he discussed possible treatments with me, he respected my view on medications and gave me options ranging from traditional pharmaceuticals, to alternative treatments, to a clinical trial. He spent a lot of time with me during both my visits to both explain his thoughts and answer my questions. He treated me with respect and made me feel like I had a say in my healthcare. It doesn't get much better than that, in my book. He is a very intense person, which I could see might be a turn-off for some, but realize that's just who he is. I have a lot of respect for him and am thankful he's helped me with my conditions.

|  show details
Nov 23rd, 2011

I would like to give you some ideas in how you should listen and respond to a person when they come to you for professional help. But, I won't because you are not worth it. You are the worst so-called doctor I have ever met. You were totally not prepared and didn't even have the courtesy to apologize to me for your demeaning/hurtful behavior. You suck!