Dr. Michael Rossen MD Patient Reviews

May 26th, 2017
Would not recommend
Totally unhelpful

March 20th, 2017
RUN away as fast as you can!
Who gave this guy a medical degree? What an idiot. My MRI very clearly shows Chiari Malformation with brainstem compression and severe cervical instability. He told me I should lose weight to reduce my pain and take narcotics, too. UM, WHAT?????? This guy hasn't a clue what he is doing. In the middle of my appointment, he stopped, went to his computer and began dictating our conversation. I sat for 10 minutes while I listened to him stutter into his dication device. Then he told me my neurological exam was "abnormal", but nothing to worry about. Seriously, this guy is an idiot. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN TO THE NEAREST EDUCATED DOCTOR.

February 28th, 2016
Beware: Stay away from this "Doctor"!

January 29th, 2016
Had to wait close to 1 hrs and could not figure out why I was there. Stated he did not agree with the radiogist report from 2009which stated a follow up Mri was needed . He is the doctor that ordered it in 2009.last time I knew, Radiogist have their specialty and neurologist supposly theirs. Will find another doctor

September 16th, 2015
Had an awful experance with this doc. and couldnt help me with my condition

May 18th, 2015
Pick Pocket
I went for an initial consultation, was there for 35 minutes, saw the Doctor for 10 of those and was billed $320.00. I was told that the scan he looked at from the hospital looked fine, there was no problem so they figured they would just take me for all the money they could on one visit!

November 30th, 2014
Went to see him for debilitating migraines.
I had to wait 1 hour to see him. If I had known that he was going to tell me that he couldn't help me and left me hanging I would of never wasted my time. He is the worst doctor I have ever encountered! I had to sit there and listen to him record everything I said, and then tell me our time was up, after I waited 1 hour. Please take my advice, don't waste you time and money. Their are better doctor's out there that will take the time to listen and not just dismiss you like he did to me.

November 18th, 2014
My mom and i have been going to doctor rossen for at least two years now and do not like him. He is not personable and when he comes to talk to you in your appointment he never really makes a diagnosis. We both get chronic migraines and doctor rossen has not been able to figure out a treatment. Also while you are in an appointment he records everything you are saying rather than discussing everything with you. Overall if we can find another neurologist we will change.

November 6th, 2013
patient
after being bounced to 3 different doctors in the practice i requested to see rossen again to try to focus on my migraines and recent MRI showing Chiari malformation..what a mistake! he wouldnt even address the mri results with me or acknowledge the malformation. didnt even CONSIDER it as the cause of my migraines, even tho i have all the "symtpoms" as someone with this conditon. he shrugged off my questions about it, saying it was nothing. He AGAIN referred me back to another dr in the practice to discuss the migraines (what i was there for that day!!) he then suggested i try taking a migraine med i tried already that gave me numb hands and slurred speech saying "maybe you just learn to live with the side effects"....WHAT?? im attempting to see a dr carl heilman in boston (great revies btw)about my recent MRI to hopefully find a better, more open minded neuro md to actually try and HELP me and not pass me around and and leave me hopeless

September 13th, 2013
Not the Doctor for Me!
I have never 'fired' a doctor before...but I 'fired' Dr. Rossen. He is rude, abrupt, and very egotistical. He is very intelligent, but that is not all a doctor is required to be. He diagnosed me with a very rare, terminal illness on my first visit. A Boston specialist told me that was just wrong and should never have happened. In fact, the specialist actually called Dr. Rossen about his diagnosis from another room while my husband and I were in another room. He said "Dr. Rossen did some serious backpedaling". He caused me and my family six months of extreme emotional stress. I am not going back. Will find another local neuro to work in conjunction with my Boston specialist.

March 16th, 2013
Patient
Dr. Rossen has distinguished himself in many ways academically albeit he does not listen to patients and he is extremely arrogant and condescending. Dr.Rossen's office recently terminated my care because I had a procedure done with another physician. Dr. Rossen totally abandoned me as a patient when I was developing critical symptons and his office staff, under his direction, refused to refer me to a collegue or another neurologist. Currently, I am symtomatic and without a neurologist. I feel that their is a disconnect for Dr. Rossen between knowledge of patient care and the actual delivery of patient care services.

May 23rd, 2012
Doesn't listen
Dr. Rossen didn't seem to want to hear what I had to say. He put me through two very painful tests but would not visually examine the areas where I had pain and very visible swelling. He also brushed off questions with very pat and condescending answers. Not the doctor for me!